QLD, Australia

Nice work mate, i admire your determination, wet weather FTL

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

While since an update so thought I'd do as I planned to with this thread as a way to keep on track of things.

anyway as some know I dinged it up a fair bit, add to what was already on there, and what my mate did, I'm thinking about slowly fixing up the paint, so went down to so I've got the spare guard off, and a set of el mont door moulds for it, and picked up some paint etc.

thats how they've come up with a bit of f**k around with the hammer, but i have a new guard although still looking for a bumper.
disheartening though, when dumb old f**k get out slam there door in to yours, and then start just saying are it's bucket of s**t anyway, I didn't hit it, etc.

Also worked out how to shoe horn a set of soundstream 6.5" speakers in the parcel shelf, although, I still need a grill for them, got bare minimum height spacer under the carpet which there screwed to, I'm happy enough for now with them.

along with i ran the wiring through the boot hinge thanks to rapatus, for the idea, along with a quick release that i can access from in the car or boot.

and thanks to pimp I picked up a bootlid i hope weld up and paint eventually, to hide the key lock, still have trouble with operation though.

and lastly if i have to pull my dash out i've got my self a pab airbag dash, I want to sort of set up like ringastingas, as a nice little valuables stash.

I'm sure there's more but that'll do for now.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

Nice work mate. Thats a quality boot you have there :D

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Missed your calls today - was still in land of zzzz's when you tried calling - had to start work late today

Anyway looks like your making some progress, i may know where there's some panels etc

Let me know what your after and i'll make a call

If you don't do it whilst your livin, you aint got no bloody chance when your dead!!!

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL FAIRMONT

WA, Australia

hey mate. looking good.

just wondering how you went about removing those doorcards. i dont know wether its just my car. but i cant unjack that electric mirror control?? just wont come off the switch thus cant get the entire card off with out risking breaking the wires.

also with the headlights? did you use a product or did you just lightly sand them back? i was kinda hopeing there would be a product on the market you could buy, instead of sanding them back.

cheers.

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

theres a product one bay for faded headlights, not sure how good it works tho.

ozbmx, what ended up being the prob with the airbag light? Nice car btw, and love the colour

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

Just a little heads up on that bottle of coolant you got there, it's not enough for the job. It only treats 10 litres, the I6 system holds 15 to 16 litres. Under mixed (weak solution) coolant is just as bad as running straight water.
Good luck with the fixing.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Umm I could do with a Fairmont bumper, although I've found one for 100 or so but it's rough, ah yeah, I went out that way couple times today, so tried, ahwell no rush.

Doorcards, you just have to unclip the switch, potentially your best bet is just pop the switch up and out of the doorcards, then unclip it, have to admit i broke the first switch i remove before i worked it out.

Ah still haven't tracked it yet, got a bit slack about it, I've heard it might be worthing check the clock spring though, so I'm gonna throw my spare in over next couple days, as my horn also doesn't work I found out last week, hehe, obviously I don't have enough road rage. :lol:

s**t, I'll have to look into that, I was told it was, thanks for the heads up, although admittedly probably just about straight water at this stage, hehe.

Post subject: Re: The Daily Driver
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

sick today so well I'm here bored may aswell do a small update.

anyway got ghia boot spear finally

Also picked up a ba intake don't know about much of a performance change, but looks a lot cleaner although i still need to remove all the mounting stuff and block up the piece near the throttle body.
Maybe replacing the snorkel might do something, or even the filter, I'm surprised how the filter looked actually nothing like my e series one at all, unless it was special taxi issue.

Also Got a new head unit jvc exad sd capble thing with a nice little background 3 preouts motorized face and line in, only cost 70and some splits for the front finally soundstream xtc 6's, what a nightmare they were to get in :twisted: and never found anywhere good to mount the crossovers yet, any suggestions appreciated.
also work out how to wire in the fog light dash indicator so set that up.

and lastly something I'm still somewhat undecided on.
got my hands on an el grill, but starting to think it's bringing to much brightness to the car like what next 20" chrome dolce to replace my rusty stockies, ahwell see if it grows on me.

Currently contemplating putting in NL woodgrain in much better nic, to replace the current ones and match the shifter better, just cut into them so not sure about it.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

I have my crossovers under the dash, there is just enough room if you take care fitting them, you'll see where i mean.

Boot spear looks good, i have been toying with boot spear ideas on mine, but not sure it'd suit a boxcar boot real well.

Nice work man.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:47 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: Ford Ed

SA, Australia

watch out with them decks... had one and left the face on in 4 days of 35+degree weather and it got to hot n blew...

Wat ar the Soundstream splits like?? im looking at the model up from em..

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

the EL grille defintely looks nicer on your car than the EF grille. I did a chop with my car,and the EL grille doesnt suit it at all.....

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: TS40

VIC, Australia

looking good... i think its worth updating the pic in you signature :)

Was - 2001 AUIII Ford Falcon Forte
Genuine T2 TS50 bodykit, 18" BF Cobras, Boge and Eibach Suspension and Complete AU2 Fairmont Ghia Interior

Now - 2012 FG Mk2 Ford Falcon XR6
Swift Green,6 Speed Auto, Stock... and a Fuel Card :)

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Do you have the mont wheels back on? Looks heaps better with them.

I love the EL grill, looks great. I'm jealous about your foglight indicator, I used the economy switch like you did for my corner lights. I painted it black though.

Please take that bloody towbar guard thing off, f**k it looks stupid. :D

Done anything else to the car?

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

PIMP_LTD wrote:
I have my crossovers under the dash, there is just enough room if you take care fitting them, you'll see where i mean.

interesting any chance you've got a pic?

Ford-sxr6 wrote:
watch out with them decks... had one and left the face on in 4 days of 35+degree weather and it got to hot n blew...

Wat ar the Soundstream splits like?? im looking at the model up from em..

haha s**t, ahwell it's never sat for 4 days let alone 2 whole days but I'lltake note if it does. and the speakers are nice, but I think they need an amp, as I still haven't got an amp in went to run some cabling the other day but cut it to short. and then I drove over the amp I was gonna put in for time being. :oops: :lol:
dan1_721 wrote:
Do you have the mont wheels back on? Looks heaps better with them.

I love the EL grill, looks great. I'm jealous about your foglight indicator, I used the economy switch like you did for my corner lights. I painted it black though.

Please take that bloody towbar guard thing off, f**k it looks stupid. :D

Done anything else to the car?

haha nah pimp has the mont wheels although I'm damn tempted to head down to sydney for those ba wheels, but I don't know. it'd take away from it's subtlety(sp).
Yeah I'm thinking of repainting mine but I want to do it properly with a little fog symbol since I've wired up the illumination to it to match the set.
by the way did you test the bulbs you used were good, as it's not hard to get 2 or 3 that are bad, I put mine in another spot to check it lit up before i tried it there, and you weren't using blue leds were you?
Lastly haha, the bike rack base stays, not only does it see a fair bit of use, along with the towbar aswell it's also is a saftey device, I'm sure I'd need a new rear bar if it wasn't for that, funny the fact i stop when a trucks coming. :lol: Might consider coating it in gunmetal to match though.

Not much else at this stage, other than painted the gearshift piece in metallic charcoal, and ba drivers don't fret it was a warn out one.
I'm currently contemplating seeing whether my ef 50/50 leather covers could be fitted to el fairmont front seats for duel lumbar, anybody done something like this?

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 6  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next