Fordmods Logo

the el project (tips wanted) 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 176

Joined: 29th Aug 2009

Ride: el gli, ed xr6 and el classic

hey.
here is my 1997 el classic, picked it up on the weekend for a project.
completely stock besides crappy head unit, factory manual and lpg system.
260000 k's runs fine and is a nice little car.
paints a little fadded but will fix that

plans are:
2 1/2 inch redback system + hi-flow cat + extractors
lower it a few inch.
tinted windows.
16" ftr's
el xr6 motor.
cam.
(not to sure about this) l.e.d's in the front lights.

dont wanna go over bored on it but thats the plans..

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by 00sproggles00 on Fri May 13, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:30 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

You can get 17's or 18's for the price some monkeys are asking for FTR's..

Tip- Strengthen your firewall and pedal box. do it before it breaks or cracks, will pay dividends in the long run.

Throw a new clutch cable at it if you are unsure of the current ones condition.

Sway bars.. do the sway bars. keep an eye out for some on fleabay or similar, they will do so much for your handling.

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:36 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 176

Joined: 29th Aug 2009

Ride: el gli, ed xr6 and el classic

dc_todd wrote:
You can get 17's or 18's for the price some monkeys are asking for FTR's..

Tip- Strengthen your firewall and pedal box. do it before it breaks or cracks, will pay dividends in the long run.

Throw a new clutch cable at it if you are unsure of the current ones condition.

Sway bars.. do the sway bars. keep an eye out for some on fleabay or similar, they will do so much for your handling.


Yea i noticed the ftr's are a bit pricey.
or another option the steel rims n the territory's look tough on the e-series.
the fly wall has already been done =)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:44 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

00sproggles00 wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
You can get 17's or 18's for the price some monkeys are asking for FTR's..

Tip- Strengthen your firewall and pedal box. do it before it breaks or cracks, will pay dividends in the long run.

Throw a new clutch cable at it if you are unsure of the current ones condition.

Sway bars.. do the sway bars. keep an eye out for some on fleabay or similar, they will do so much for your handling.


Yea i noticed the ftr's are a bit pricey.
or another option the steel rims n the territory's look tough on the e-series.
the fly wall has already been done =)



What is this "fly wall" you speak of? sounds like an irish joke.

:D

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 45

Posts: 863

Joined: 26th Nov 2007

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

Location: Bris-Vegas
QLD, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
00sproggles00 wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
You can get 17's or 18's for the price some monkeys are asking for FTR's..

Tip- Strengthen your firewall and pedal box. do it before it breaks or cracks, will pay dividends in the long run.

Throw a new clutch cable at it if you are unsure of the current ones condition.

Sway bars.. do the sway bars. keep an eye out for some on fleabay or similar, they will do so much for your handling.


Yea i noticed the ftr's are a bit pricey.
or another option the steel rims n the territory's look tough on the e-series.
the fly wall has already been done =)



What is this "fly wall" you speak of? sounds like an irish joke.

:D


Thats the sheet metal panel between the engine and the interior, to keep the flys away from the driver. Or the engine. :lol:

 

_________________

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

yep strengthen fire wall, dont bother with the xr6 engine, they only have little work done in the head over the stock engine, just a decent cam in your standard head and full exhaust system will give you more than the xr6 head would, ebay bolt on 2.5 inch exhausts are good, i got mine for 220 including postage and it went straight on fine and sounds good,

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 176

Joined: 29th Aug 2009

Ride: el gli, ed xr6 and el classic

what do u guys think of blue to black fader window tint?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

00sproggles00 wrote:
what do u guys think of blue to black fader window tint?


gayer than 2 penis's touching.

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 176

Joined: 29th Aug 2009

Ride: el gli, ed xr6 and el classic

dc_todd wrote:
00sproggles00 wrote:
what do u guys think of blue to black fader window tint?


gayer than 2 penis's touching.



lol then there goes that idea
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 4599

Joined: 30th Aug 2010

Ride: BF XR6,

Location: NEWCASTLE
NSW, Australia

yeah most of them coloured tints go bubled anyway, looks like a cheap home job

 

_________________

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
yep strengthen fire wall, dont bother with the xr6 engine, they only have little work done in the head over the stock engine, just a decent cam in your standard head and full exhaust system will give you more than the xr6 head would, ebay bolt on 2.5 inch exhausts are good, i got mine for 220 including postage and it went straight on fine and sounds good,


LOL. riiiiight

if he put extractors on a tickford head over extractors on a standard head the xr6 one would kick a**. the port differences help :lol: :roll:

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:49 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 176

Joined: 29th Aug 2009

Ride: el gli, ed xr6 and el classic

WILDEB wrote:
bry40l wrote:
yep strengthen fire wall, dont bother with the xr6 engine, they only have little work done in the head over the stock engine, just a decent cam in your standard head and full exhaust system will give you more than the xr6 head would, ebay bolt on 2.5 inch exhausts are good, i got mine for 220 including postage and it went straight on fine and sounds good,


LOL. riiiiight

if he put extractors on a tickford head over extractors on a standard head the xr6 one would kick a**. the port differences help :lol: :roll:


i wat thinking about au3 with vct, but if i put cams in dont the vct come out??? and also the el xr6 engine has bigger valves.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: the el project (tips wanted)
Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 25

Posts: 176

Joined: 29th Aug 2009

Ride: el gli, ed xr6 and el classic

since i got it iv done.

its lowared all the way around on pedders, 2 1/2 inch red back system.

tickford motor to go in soon = )))

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:48 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names