The Tank 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: The Tank
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

cheers mate, although I'm not sure about the smooth idlev on an old v8 but f**k it's tempting, I should really go for it, I'll see how I go with the ute, because, I should be getting some cash in, but currently flat broke. and I need to get the triton fixed since the fairmont coming off the road.

by the way you might have some thoughts on this I have a spare set of thermo's lying here off the au, would it be worth trying to set them up on the fairlane, or just stick to the fan run off the water pump.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

Yeah, use the thermos. Anything to save a bit of power/fuel is a good thing, plus you will be able to control the heat easier. Use a aftermarket thermo switch and all will be good.
If you're keen for those bits, let me know and I'll put them aside. I only have the one, and once it's gone, that's it. Even if you dont use the cam, the rest is worth the price. 8-)

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Out there wagon

NSW, Australia

Hey man why dont you check out http://www.stationwagonforums.com/ There are plenty of people on there who could help with working out stuff with the car and the way the aussie dollar is at the moment compared to the US dollar you may even be able to get some great deals on parts from other members on there

Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah I'm just flat broke, although, I'll reassess the situation once I get the money for the ute on what I'm driving keeping selling.
the fairmont rego runs out 3/1
this needs a windscreen rubber etc.
I may not be able to sell the triton. so if I keep that on the road I think that gets priority, but I had a fair talk today to someone, and well things may change.
actually if your not busy this weekend scooty, I might actually be keen on talking to you about a few thoughts I was thinking about today. basically a plan of attack.

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Well been felling like getting serious so have made some progress, aprons on radiator and support on.
got a key cut, got the engine bay wiring in and worked out, starts off the key, but needs tuning and fuel issue sorted, think there may have been s**t in the tank, might pull it back out for flush.
Got the slaves, shoes and drums recoed, thanks to slacks creek brake and clutch. fitted now, time to sort the lines out and and master cylinder.
next thing is the rust so can sort out reassembly followed by the glass and rubbers. then

and my attempt at repairing the stone tray, somebody had cut 3 slots and folded it back to run lines for a trans cooler, needed reshaping and welding, figured, it was out of sight enough I'd give it a go, didn't turn out to bad.

Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Hey awesome Tank! always wanted to see a Pro Stock looking Tank wagon! you know giant rubber on the a*** and skinny's on a dumped front end.
You should be able to get rubbers from the states or even contact the Tank Fairlane Owners Club in Victoria they might steer you in the right direction! Good luck with it and I reckon $800 for duals isn't too bad exhaust wise. :D

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

haha don't give me bad ideas, I want this as a daily.
I've learnt not to buy just car/parts, I bought a just cars and bought this, then I bought a just parts with advertised on the front 460 big block for 2k, and the mind wondered, luckily I restrained myself, but I definateley don't need encouragement, hehe. :lol:
Sadly I do currently have a wheel issue, as I only got 1 stock 15, need 4 more got it sitting on ef wheels under the a** for now and a 14 on the front.
if any one has some 15's for it let me know?

but might just get a couple made for the a**, 6's on the front, 8's under the a** maybe. 8-)

If anybody in brissies, board, and wants to lend a hand, knowledge, I can supply the refreshments. :lol:

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

doing much tomorrow? I have free time! I'll be bored tomorrow!

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:32 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

sadly working through the day this week, wont be on the fairlane to 6ish, each night, do a few hours on it though each night. Weekend got to make some serious inroads though.

Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

OZBMX wrote:
haha don't give me bad ideas, I want this as a daily.
I've learnt not to buy just car/parts, I bought a just cars and bought this, then I bought a just parts with advertised on the front 460 big block for 2k, and the mind wondered, luckily I restrained myself, but I definateley don't need encouragement, hehe. :lol: :

Yeah I don't buy any of those just parts unique cars it is just torture if you aint got the neddies!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

G'day guys got a bit of the rust sorted in the guards, the boss gave me a hand to do one, and after seeing it's not to bad to do, I deceided to have a shot myself, at home today on the other.
I don't think it turned out to bad, for someone only just trying to teach myself to weld.
then trial hung one of the guards, starting to look a bit more like a car finally, well sort of.
and lastly the donor panel of a very clean vx, that had been somewhat reshaped front and back, the rear seat wasn't fitting nicely anymore. The car even had a month old gas system.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2