Fordmods Logo

The TE50 Epic Update time!! 

Page 10 of 16 [ 238 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next

Post subject: Re: The TE50 Has arrived
Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:21 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

NSW, Australia

OK Progress update.

So far have acquired Door, guard, door mirror, windscreen garish/plastic thing, side indicator and head light.

A productive afternoon was had by myself, removing the drivers door and the loom. Good news is that there appears to be no damage to the A pillar, thus making this a hell of a lot easier. not so good news, but easy to rectify, there is a small tear that needs a minor weld thrown on it where the front guard bolts on behind the drivers wheel.

Essentially, all parts acquired bar 1 tickford badge, easy enough to get, then paint on the bar, bonnet, guard, and pretty much the drivers side of the car if $$ allow for it.

Then required signatures, blue slip, authenticity inspection, Green slip, rego, insurance and drive the f**k.. EVERYWHERE!

I have a car.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Well you got one of the signatures in the bag provided he is happy with your repair. If all goes well he will be checking it out as we go along. And believe me the kid is a perfectionist when it comes to panel and paint.

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:06 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update Update

OK, so panels have been dummy fitted by 2 dummies, Worst possible outcome would be a bend in the A pillar, but this was not the case, door on.. Guard on, headlight fitted, new bar supports/mounts fitted to the repaired bar and put up to car to test alignment. apart from a few gaps that need tidying up, it all fits, it all bolts up and for the most part is 95% ready for paint. A small weld needs to be thrown on the bottom mount tab for the front guard, thats pretty much it.

Uniacidz, thanks heaps for the badge, it will be used.

Some pics....

Please note time of photo. Its perfectly ok. It was my birthday, this was a real gift.

I also want to give a big thanks to EVL098 for making the trek out from Werro to Gymea to lend a hand and turn spanners. Its not exactly round the corner. Thanks for making this task fun.

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:27 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Looks good.

The blue door and rim is the craze these days.

Eg, bry40l laser

Personally though i reckon color matching the door to the rest of the car will give it a more stealth look.

On a lighter note,, glad to see it finally coming together

The secret is out, I take all my automotive styling cues from Bryden.

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

go the Idud pics LOL

that doesn't look like it needed to be written off, damn some insurance companies are operated by wankers :evil:

looking good dave, have you got many more hoops to jumo through before the car is backed out on the road again?

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

Hoops are as follows.

Paint
    Signature from repairer to state car has been repaired to Aus standards
    Blue Slip
    RMS ID inspection (pits)
    Green slip
    rego
    Trouble free motoring
    Start looking for heads and cam. (probably AFR 165's and a E303)
    Tune

Pretty simple formula, oh last 2 steps are not part of current project.

For what is a total outlay so far of $170, I have Guard, Door, plastic s**t things at bottom of windscreen, Indicator repeater, A SET of HEADLIGHTS, Tickford badge(free!!) Front bar mounts.

Apparently, these parts were priced up by the stupid a** smash repairers, and came to a total of near on $7k!! I am having trouble even spending $200 to gather the parts required. f**k price gouging smash repairers. Not saying they are all like that, but these ones were.

To my knowledge, they are allowed to acquire parts at trade price and charge the customer full retail, so make a bit of coin there. But they tried to run up prices like $1100 for 1 headlight. ok Ford retails them at $770ish, trade is on the higher side of $600, but the difference between charging what they are entitled to and just ripping off everyone to try and make a few quick bucks, results in them not getting any work. I can't see a smash repairer making money out of written off vehicles when they do no work on them, I know they had a second agenda as well, that I will not discuss as it is still pending final resolution, but police are involved.

I will get the last laugh.

But back on topic and end rant, trying to get prices right now to get some paint laid.

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
Hoops are as follows.

Paint
    Signature from repairer to state car has been repaired to Aus standards
    Blue Slip
    RMS ID inspection (pits)
    Green slip
    rego
    Trouble free motoring
    Start looking for heads and cam. (probably AFR 165's and a E303)
    Tune

Pretty simple formula, oh last 2 steps are not part of current project.

For what is a total outlay so far of $170, I have Guard, Door, plastic s**t things at bottom of windscreen, Indicator repeater, A SET of HEADLIGHTS, Tickford badge(free!!) Front bar mounts.

Apparently, these parts were priced up by the stupid a** smash repairers, and came to a total of near on $7k!! I am having trouble even spending $200 to gather the parts required. f**k price gouging smash repairers. Not saying they are all like that, but these ones were.

To my knowledge, they are allowed to acquire parts at trade price and charge the customer full retail, so make a bit of coin there. But they tried to run up prices like $1100 for 1 headlight. ok Ford retails them at $770ish, trade is on the higher side of $600, but the difference between charging what they are entitled to and just ripping off everyone to try and make a few quick bucks, results in them not getting any work. I can't see a smash repairer making money out of written off vehicles when they do no work on them, I know they had a second agenda as well, that I will not discuss as it is still pending final resolution, but police are involved.

I will get the last laugh.

But back on topic and end rant, trying to get prices right now to get some paint laid.

not too bad a list then, hopefully it all works out for you.

will the TE50 only be a weekend car once repaired?

Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:16 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

Put it back on the road for everyday duties. Couldn't think of anything nicer to rack up the kays in. Now more than ever, Being what is now a repaired write off. And the fact its a T1, they are not overly expensive and ultimately made to be driven.

I will do what it was intended for. I can't justify a garage queen. rain or shine, it will be doing daily duties. In style.

I have a car.

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
Put it back on the road for everyday duties. Couldn't think of anything nicer to rack up the kays in. Now more than ever, Being what is now a repaired write off. And the fact its a T1, they are not overly expensive and ultimately made to be driven.

I will do what it was intended for. I can't justify a garage queen. rain or shine, it will be doing daily duties. In style.

definitely a good way to think about it :twisted:

Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:39 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

Not that I intend on being disrespectful to the car, I purchased it to enjoy driving. Not to get me rocks off looking at. Sure its a nice AU, but they drive nicer than they look.

It will always be well maintained, but it will always get an oil change due to the kays put on the car not the time the oil has spent in the motor, in the garage, under the car cover. Thats just a waste to me. One thing i'll definitely do once its back on the road, run it at WSID, get a base time for stock and go from there. It will not break any records, but I will know what to expect from future mods as well.

I have a car.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It is nice to see the Tickky back at it again. :)

Can't wait to see it in it's repaired livery state.

Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

dc_todd wrote:
uniacidz wrote:
Looks good.

Eg, bry40l laser

Personally though i reckon color matching the door to the rest of the car will give it a more stealth look.

what can i say, im a very stylish man, b**ch love me :)
i cant believe it was just 99% cosmetic and they were charging the insurance 7g ro repair it,
my mates ve ute was ment to get a whole side panel from left tail light to front where the blinker is which ment taking the engine out, interior blah blah blah, they charged the insurance 22g to do the job, and then just dented the original panel out painted it and gave him the car back, holden state that to repair that car it was ment to be cut out and a new side put in, im sure if my mate told the insurance company that it was a dodgy repair the s**t would hit the fan

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:20 pm 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
dc_todd wrote:
uniacidz wrote:
Looks good.

Eg, bry40l laser

what can i say, im a very stylish man, b**ch love me :)
i cant believe it was just 99% cosmetic and they were charging the insurance 7g ro repair it,
my mates ve ute was ment to get a whole side panel from left tail light to front where the blinker is which ment taking the engine out, interior blah blah blah, they charged the insurance 22g to do the job, and then just dented the original panel out painted it and gave him the car back, holden state that to repair that car it was ment to be cut out and a new side put in, im sure if my mate told the insurance company that it was a dodgy repair the s**t would hit the fan

Im pretty sure the side just goes to the Pillar and slides under the skirt so im not sure why the motor would have to come out?, and yeah holden requires the full side put on the ve's can't just do a 1/4 or outer pillar, means roof off pop both screens and most of interior dash etc,

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:30 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

OK update time. Its almost time for me to start collecting signatures.

All the panels are back from paint, Thanks to SWC and EVL098 for the service and or leads supplied.

I am having a visit from a beater over the weekend who is authorised to provide signatures for sign off of acceptable standard repairs. Then its just doing the gaps and such, then Blue slip, then AUSVIS (blue slip) then RMA identity inspection, then green slip then rego. providing I get the time, 2-3 weeks!

I have a car.

Post subject: Re: The TE50 Epic Update time!!
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:25 pm 
NSW Cruise Moderator

NSW, Australia

So, today yielded a visit from a panel beater. Told to PROCEED!!

So, after the s**t news that my Grandfather is on his death bed, literally. Poor old bugger, Best man I have ever known, lives for his family. All of his family, I have never seen so much love and commitment from one guy.. Got me thinking, and I didn't want to do that cause I would feel s**t.

So, I set up the Gazebo again and reestablished the Tent Embasy in the backyard.

I needed to be on the tools this afternoon, and I achieved alot!. Sorry for the s**t pics, it was bloody dark when I was finally ready to knock off and dry off.

Well in some sort of order, it goes like this..

Then Stripped that b**ch,

Got some new bits, curtosy of Troyman, EVL098 and Papa Smurf

Looked like this,

Deciding pretty damn fast that a patchwork of colours was perhaps not my thing,

Got em painted, So off for paint was, Bar, guard, drivers door, rear drivers door.
So today/this afternoon, after the subframe was inspected and told to proceed, I spent the following hours doing this..

Light was replaced and all the brightwork was resinstalled, Tomorrow will involve, putting door trim and handles back together, and one side skirt installed.

I have a car.

Sort by  
 Page 10 of 16  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 16  Next