Posted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:22 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

tonka28 wrote:
data_mine wrote:
As a point of sanity and 'dad'ness...

God damn you! Haha, yeah you raise a good point, I think the only mods I'll make on her will be the kind I can take out before I sell her - i.e visual and sound.

Data, what's your thoughts on BA GT-P's? I can get a good example of one for $28k - thoughts?

hopefully it's not an auto. the 4 spd really brings them down. You'd need a diff ratio change :)

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Post subject: Re: tonka's BF MkII XR6
Posted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2007 BF MkII XR6

NSW, Australia

tonka28 wrote:
Yeah I'll give them a call tomorrow on B/H and make sure I'm sitting down when I talk to them.

Yeah, no! I got a hold of one of the Customer Reps and had a very nice conversation with her, she was very helpful and didn't have a TRACE of an accent in her voice, which I was shocked about. She very simply explained to me that the contract I signed is iron clad with dragons and witches and knights patrolling the outskirts making sure that there's not even a chance of a loop hole or back door. (I added the dragons etc for dramatic effect 8-))

She did however say that what they like to happen and what 90% of the customer base does, is keep the original car for 6 months, make timely payments and be a model borrower and then trade the car in for another, or new car. This will then give me the opportunity to actually get into an FG XR6T, as per the original idea and also, I'll get a lower interest rate on the loan.

So I've decided that that is what I'm going to do and all future modifications will be held and saved for the FG when it gets to my garage.

If 'Adrenaline' is reading this, you're car is what I'm going to model mine after - there's something about your Avatar that makes me want to hump its bonnet! :oops:

I'd rather push my Ford than drive a Holden.
Looking for an XR6T with a ZF box - dream car <3

http://tinyurl.com/6aqdpuc - build thread.

Posted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:09 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Okay - new news lol.

I've decided that I'm going to keep the BF and just get a consolidation loan for it next calendar year to battle the 19% interest rate.

I'm going rim shopping this week and am looking at either 20's or 22's and I will lower it if need be.

Then I'll look towards getting the supercharger kit installed - ~$6000

In between shoes and supercharger, I'll be upgrading her sound system with Boston speakers, amps and subs running off a clarion or kenwood deck.

Pictures and more information when it happens!

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

Be prepared to lose a bit of fuel economy going to 20's man. I used to get 550km/tank, got the 20's and it dropped the 450 within 2 days. Or maybe that was my lead foot? lol but this plan sounds bloody awesome mate. i'm looking at making my xt a BA GT mockup. will be over 2 years of financing but meh, i'll be keeping her for a few years to come.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:30 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: BF XR6

NSW, Australia

tonka28 wrote:
Yeah I'll give them a call tomorrow on B/H and make sure I'm sitting down when I talk to them.

I blame Australian Fleet Sales - they pressured me into the buy...

Before you start, I know about AFS and how s**t they are... Trust me, I know.

i bought my xr6 from them as well in newcastle and it had a busted diff, bald tyres, a dint and a few minor scratches but i made them fix it all up and show me receipts once the repairs were made. they are pretty rough with their cars, i went in there simply to get a trade in quote on my old getz and they let me take the XR home that day before i had even arranged finance, i reckon u could go in there and take a new car home every week or 2 without even paying for them. i had the XR in my possession for 3 weeks before i even paid for it and they didnt even care. I went back only a few months ago, test drove a GTP and i didnt realise i had forgotten my licence oops, left my wallet at home and they still let me take it out on the road and encouraged me to do burnouts.
They're bloody rogues i swear lol

BF XR6 4SP AUTO BOSS BONNET SUPER SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS SEXY GRILL AND RED XR BADGES MMM DELICIOUS

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Back in the eighties a mate of mine was told to take a UC torana hatch (I think) home to see if he liked it, the bastard had it for over six months before they got it back! :lol: they were p****d off, but, they never said to pay anything it just took a long time for him to decide!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry - a bit off topic there!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:18 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

LOL! that is truly hilarious! People just need to be a little more specific lol These guys at AFS in Newcastle were talking about how they just basically pick a car off the lot and drive it around for personal use for months until it is sold, racking up km's and wear and tear etc its pretty slack hey.

BF XR6 4SP AUTO BOSS BONNET SUPER SUPER LOW KING SPRINGS SEXY GRILL AND RED XR BADGES MMM DELICIOUS

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:45 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

I will say one thing for them though, the warranty dept. is very good - both times I've called up about getting something done, they've simply asked for a general outline of what was wrong, then gave me a date and time to be there, both problems solved. I think if they take the cars and drive them around etc. as long as they reflect it in the price, i.e not selling a Falcon with 100k+ on the clock for the same as one with 60k it's all up to the person who bought the car to make sure that it's in top shape.

I bought mine, the shocks had a squeak, I rang and told them, they replaced them no questions. If I'd have winged and b**ch on forums or other places on the internet, it wouldn't have gotten fixed. I think that's the problem with 'everyone having a voice on the internet' - it's a breeding ground for wingers and the death of a face to face conversation. The service guy at the Campbelltown yard, Dave - I took the XR6 in for the CD player, had a good 30-45 min chat to the bloke, turns out he's actually alright and ended up installing a BRAND NEW diff instead of just oiling up the existing one. It pays to be nice ;)

Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:50 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

i guess you're right there :) it does pay to be nice. But like i said they did fix everything i asked them to which in turn saved me lots of money and hassle :)

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

Hi all,

For those of you who are interested or at least remember, tonka's out here with this XR6 he still wants to build!

Recent events have made it a little hard to jump on here and update everyone - also jumping into the bank and getting the money to do what I want with her.

So far, all I've managed to do is give her a new head unit - got her a Pioneer MVH-8350BT. It's a great head unit I've got to admit - doesn't have a CD player, but has SD, USB, iPhone/Pod connectivity and BLUETOOTH!!!

Over the weekend I'm throwing in a set of Sony 4-way 6x9's that I had from an older project and a set of Boston 6-inch splits. That should give her a better sound and make way for the Vibe Blackair that's going in next month thanks to Brett from Frankies Auto Electronics in Albion Park, NSW.

The next thing will be standard XR6 rear 'wing' which is coming straight off and being replaced with the DJR Style Rear Wing from Car Mate (http://www.carmate.com.au) part number FDFAL03DJRRW. Cover that in a couple coats of Falcon White 2 pack and she should look quite sexy.

More updates when they come.

tonka

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3