Fordmods Logo

Page 8 of 11 [ 163 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont
Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Thanks Fiend. I shouldn't have to do any painting then, I'll just collect the cappa bits.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 NL, 97NL, 98EL

Power: 141 rwkw

QLD, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Sommers NL wrote:

even temped to buy the box and stall back of you Cos it worked fine for me, and i have another car I can put it in... because i know there is nothing wrong with it,

your a f**k smartass!!!!, im not interested in debating, or "proving" that the gearbox has serious problems.

i know how to fill an autobox, and you dont f**k fill it when its in drive running on stands.... i know what oil it takes.

I told you i just wanna drop it, as arguing has no good outcome !!!!

Im not trying to start anything, when you said you had problems, I PM'ed you, I tried call you, tryed replying in your thread

Any oh yeah, whats the right way to fill an auto? guess you don't know, as i said, you saw my car go with the box in, I agree arguing has no good outcome, but you must fill it right, thats how they get done at work, the reason why you need the car running in drive, is because the convertor holds about 6ltrs, and the box about 3-4 ltrs, and when the car is not running, auto fuild will come out the convertor into the box, so if you undo the 16mil filler bolt, while the car is not running, it will all piss out, thats WHY you need the car running in drive, so your impeller fills the converter and the plantery gear sets, also fills the valve body .

Remember when i had your car on stands? and had to put it into drive?? we only lost about 1 1/2 litres though the auto cooler, changing that, then, remember, i should you while your car was up on stands, 1/2/3/4/lockup.

I tried calling you to see if you wanted your money back cos you have had problems, I don't know where it leaked from, ???

Please don't swear at me, or speak about me like that, im still recovering from being in hospital,

Maybe if you where not such a big head, thinking you know it all, we could of worked something out,

AS I SAID, the box is underwarrty, and so is the stallie,

Don't be nasty, im just trying to help out.. you said it leaked and i was concerned about it,

If you want I can give you the number from where the box and stallie came from.

Laticia.

BANNED!!!!

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah, you told me that and i was quite upset that you broke down.. limping the car if its just about out of oil is bad for it, If you want just another box, to put your new stallie in, let me know and i will get one of the reco'd ones from work, as before you can have my works number and speak to my boss, he will be able to tell you everthing about the box.

Did it go into LHM? when you said you could not of get it above 50??? or was is like it was rev/spining up and then thump into gear??? cos that a lack of oil problem, so where did it leak from? could you see??

Last thing I WANTED was the car to break down on you, I wanted it to be a complete successful exchange. - I feel awful that you broke down, god if i was awake, I'd drive 2hours to where you are and come and help you, and because i did not want your family stuck. Last thing I wanted.

When saying i'd give you your money back because this has happened, it would pay for your tow.
But calling me a f**k a***, did not help..

remember if you want, i'll PM you the number for work ... its an automatic and diff repair shop.

Laticia.

FordFairmont wrote:
just remember i had to limp the car 10km's to the nearest servo when it had a top speed of 50kph just so me & my family werent stuck in the bush at 10 o'clock at night. Maybe damage was done there !!

Not my fault, i didnt ask the car to break down on me, i didnt know what the f**k was going on

BANNED!!!!

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Sommers NL wrote:
Any oh yeah, whats the right way to fill an auto? guess you don't know.

well the workshop manual say to drive the car a couple km's on light throttle, park it up on level ground, let it cool down slightly if its at operating temp and check that oil is level with filler hole. So your saying the manual is wrong, and your right?

Quote:
Maybe if you where not such a big head, thinking you know it all, we could of worked something out,

thats the way to fill an auto that has a filler or dipstick. cos u can drive it a bit. and keep toping it up as needed.

i will fork out $$ myself and know its done properly.

I only called you a f**k smartass cause you had the nerve to say your tempted to buy the box back, and that your sure theres nothing wrong with it, which just makes my blood boil. That comment basically just cancels out any concern on your behalf, and calls me a liar. I wont sell this box to anyone on this forum because i couldnt do that to someone.

Cheers

Dan, the only reason i said that was not to insult you or anything, just saying because you have had nothing but problems with it, i feel awful about it, thats why i offered to buy it back, so you have more $$$ to work out how to fix your car, I was going to offer $750 I did not mean it to call you a liar, just offering because i feel awful about what happened. I mean for the amount i was going to give you, Plus the $300 you gave me for your tow. you could get another box. Thats the only reason I offered too, it was not in ANYWAY to have a dig at you or call you a liar, or anything, sorry if i worded it wrong, but there was no intend towards anyone.

Yeah I know, im still not feeling 100% perfect, but slowly getting there, Im sorry if i worded it wrong, Did not mean too ...

btw I love what your doing to your car, I love the painting in the interior, its come out really well .... keep up the good work....

Laticia.

BANNED!!!!

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Thats looks nice as, have you had it resprayed before? the paint looks s**t hot.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

I found that too when i had aftermarket crap in my car, i only had a little kenwood amp no bigger than yours and it was fkn useless. With the same sub, all tied in with complete EL Ghia premo sound, i can actually hear the sub and you know its there now. It does the job, but is not too much.

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

I know it will defeat the purpose of having the sub face the back of the seat, but have you tried turning the sub around the other way so its facing outwards? Might gain a bit of your bass back cause of the large volume in the boot.

How many preouts does your headunit have? Might have the RCA's going into the rear preout, causing the sub to fade when you fade the rears although that may depend on the headunit

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Mr Mont regarding the torque chip... wrote:
honestly i cant feel any difference, although it was very hot weather yesterday. The f**k thing about shift points is, after 45kph, the car will no longer drop back to 1st gear so if you plant your foot at say 60kph, it just chugs along slowly in 2nd gear. I really need some lower gearing like 4.11's

Damn. No difference, although it was hot (which always sucks, unless you listen to someone like that YEAHDUDE idiot who would claim it was better for your car somehow)...

Why did that happen to your shift points? I'd have thought with high stall that there was no need for .... Bugger. This is just totally confusing me. I don't mind admitting I have not a clue as to why anyone would program that into it... ?

How does the computer work out when to change? I remember mine used to stay in gear and wouldn't drop into first via the shifter above 50 or 60km/h too, and I found that annoying enough.

At least the Mont is moving onwards and upwards brother....

BTW - Saw a cornering lamp for sale today. $70NZ. They're rarer than hens teeth. I'm a lucky man. But you don't want lights down there anyway for some reason..!?

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 11  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next