Fordmods Logo

Page 6 of 11 [ 163 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont
Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

It does look pretty dam close. So is it just normalk acriylc type paint? Will it stick there on the plastic for extended periods? Can you get me some? :D

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

If you reckon it could go a touch darker, then yeah. It looks great, if i can get it as close to the actual colour as possible that'd be grand.

:)

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Man that dash looks awesome, i thought that it would look okay in cappa but i reckon that looks heaps better than the original. Well done!! The cluster looks good to i reckon, having woodgrain on the dash somewhere goes well with the woodgrain spears and shifter surround.

Hows the cluster light up at night? Are the lights still bright enough to shine through the custom dials? Im in the middle of doing some custom dials, just worried about night visibility from the cluster

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Mr Mont, Sire wrote:
yeah must be some type of automotive paint, very quick drying too.... i fitted it back on 1 hour after the last coat & never left any fingermarks on it. I rubbed the whole lot down with wax & grease remover first, then used some decent plastic automotive primer before painting... hopefully it will be fine

Dude. That's looking so so so much better than the Ford Cuppacrap. It's better a bit lighter. Honestly, that looks way cool. Pity I sold those cuppa coloured cruise control buttons I had. Bugger, why did I even mention it.... No worries, you'll find some when you feel the need...

I always hated the Cappo colours. But this is doing something for me. It looks nice and smooth man. Like a Ghia should be. Nice.

Also like the wood grain idea in the cluster.... Maybe try something like simply using an emboss effect on the RPM and SPEED signs, rather than a white...? Hell, what do I know. I simply do everything in purple and blue and hope for the best
;)

Nice work, glad to have stumbled upon your thread again. Don't be afraid to tell me if you feel I'm hijacking it. We could arrange video conference counseling and get over it.

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

FordFairmont wrote:
with the woodgrain dials.... ideally i would like the cluster faceplate to be woodgrain in appearance, and the actual dials to be cappa coloured but im stumped as to how it could be done. The dial face is easy, but the surround i was thinking could be laser cut out of a thin sheet of timber and stuck on top, but the costs would be worrying.
Right - two or three answers for you there.

Image WaterJet and or Laser cut would cost less than $50 - probably more like $30. Do it from a nice hard wood (ie - a lot of grain per inch, not pine which grows at 300foot per year and therefore has one grain every 300foot... Or so. Maths wasn't my strong point...) You'll then need to attack it with a sander and give it a nice bevelled effect.

Image Do some airbrushing. This could be done on original Ford plastic part (which you currently have as silver?). I did this CRETE, WOOD, SAND thing in a couple of hours, and that includes time to stop for ciggies and some crack... Some graffix artist with the right equipment could rip that out for you in no time at all. I've been thinking of doing something about my black plastic one too, just not quite worked out what yet... Even tho I no longer smoke ciggies or do crack...

Image Simply buy some stick on vinyl that is a wood pattern and stick it on! http://www.berlinwallpaper.com/dcfix/Woodgrain.htm

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

MATE - Sounds like you have the technology there! Just show them what you want and choose a grain style. They should be able to do it - Real cool that you found someone like that to deal with for your paint and that... Can't believe you ordered him to make the Cappo colour lighter. Sometimes you just gotta go with the experts opinions mate!

That colour, like above, is better than Ford Crappo anyhow. If the same guy is doing airbrush work, then go beg him for a price or look into the stick on stuff or what have you.

I'd do it for ya, but I have no regulator for the air compressor and... Well... When I finally get a half decent regulator and paint setup I may not even log into Fordmods for a couple of days. Beat that.

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6, EA Brock Falcon

VIC, Australia

if your still thinking about getting cobra wheels i brought mine form a bloke on ebay in thomastown for 1300 buck including tyres. whoever said they look cr#p on e seris is a douche.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Wow the interior looks amazing. Nice work!

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 11  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next