Fordmods Logo

Page 7 of 11 [ 163 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post subject: Re: My EF Fairmont
Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

That sub/amp combo will be fine mate, should go hard. You got them for a good price too i reckon. I dont know why people spend thousands on car audio when a good cheap setup matched properly sounds almost as good. Im running something similar in my fairmont and it sounds pretty sweet. Putting 200wrms into a $50 JVC sub lol and it pumps hard. Depending on how loud you like your sounds, you might need some gap sealer/filler and dynamat to stop the bootlid for rattling like s**t tho

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Yeah that should sound better than you expect it will. I ran a similar setup until recently when I upgraded to a 300WRMS Mono, and the extra punch is just drowned out by rattles. I too need to fill the gaps in the bootlid, not sure whats safe to use though.

I really love the interior, my Ghia has the gray partial leather and velour seats, I am seriously considering finding a full set of Cappa leathers, trims etc.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 NL, 97NL, 98EL

Power: 141 rwkw

QLD, Australia

hey, that looks fast!!! .. how did you resize your video to upload to youtube?? I've never done it before... any tips would be great, I've got some on my mobile, but they are MP4 ... can you upload MP4's?

thankyou

Laticia.

BANNED!!!!

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Boxcar Love

QLD, Australia

So dan did you replace the auto too, or just the convertor and refill it with fluid?

Commodore australia's favorite car??? What a load of s**t

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

FordFairmont wrote:
Chiptorque chip arrived in the mail, so i cleaned the teminals, fitted & went for a drive on the highway.

This confuses me, as i thought the car wasn't going at the mo?

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

So what happened with all the fluid pissing out, did you find the cause???

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Last edited by FordFairmont on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

FordFairmont, your Cappa interior has Inspired me. I don't however want to change my whole gray interior to Cappa. So I've decided to use Cappa seats, carpet, kick panels and console. I will paint the bottoms of my trims, and bottom parts of dash Cappa.

I know the top and bottom of the door trims seperate, but the dash panel to the left of the glovebox, and the part in front of the drivers knees doesn't does it?

Also,your interior looks to be two different colours before painting. Didn't you have a whole cappa interior? Is there two different cream/brown colours?

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Thanks for the reply. I think it looks amazing like that, I'm going to try do the same.

How did you end up with half and half trim?

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 NL, 97NL, 98EL

Power: 141 rwkw

QLD, Australia

hi dan, was the auto filled back up? with the car running in drive on four stands, if you only fill it, while the car is not running, you won't be able to get all the oil in ...

Also, as I said before, that box and stall are under warranty ...

If oil has leaked out, thats why the box is misbehaving, but I had NO problems with the box in my car, for the 15,000kms i had it in for.

even temped to buy the box and stall back of you Cos it worked fine for me, and i have another car I can put it in... because i know there is nothing wrong with it,

just make sure you have filled it with TQ95 oil, (the one you had in your boot) while the car is on all stands, and the car on in drive with the back wheels going, (they go about 40/50kmh,) undo the 16mil bolt for the filler, and keep pumping oil into it, until you start seeing fresh oil start to come out, do the bolt up, take for a drive, and if needed, like slow into R from D jack it up again, and fill up a little more..

the car must be level on all stands when you do it.

But if you think there is a problem with the box, I can get it fixed all under warranty for you,
I'd do it at my work, would only take a few hours, but im not back at work for another few weeks after what happened to me..

laticia.

BANNED!!!!

Last edited by Sommers NL on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

FordFairmont wrote:
I put a 2 second snapshot at the start & end of the clip so you can see exactly where it starts and finishes. I started the vid just before the stall locks up and moves the car, and finished it at 100kph.
Yeah - I tried that with my 0-100 in 7 seconds too, but U-Tube has annoying habit of starting to promote itself or what-have-you during the last two seconds. I found it hard to see yours well enough to time it... I actually found it impossible to time my own U-Tube upload. You'll just have to believe me that it is pretty much spot on 7 seconds flat with the original tranny, stallie, cam and EF head as supplied from Ford factory. Should go get someone else to hold the camera and try it with the manual in. Would take three or four attempts as miss gears all too often...!

Hah.

Hey man, did I miss the bit where you said "the new ChipTorque tune works a treat".?.? Or is the jury still out?

FordFairmont wrote:
dan1_721 wrote:
I know the top and bottom of the door trims seperate, but the dash panel to the left of the glovebox, and the part in front of the drivers knees doesn't does it?
im not sure if it separates as ive never had to pull it apart before? I would just paint it where it is,
Door trims come apart easily...

The bit around driver / passenger knees and glove box does separate if you're real bendy armed or happen to have the dash sitting on your dining room table 8)

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 11  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next