Fordmods Logo

ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-) 

Page 73 of 81 [ 1212 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 81  Next

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Ghia's back!
Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
are the injectors pulsing??

the resistor trick is only for gear position voltage to stop the ecu from bumping up the in gear idle, and the other resistor is normally used in the i6 for trans temp to stop thermo fans running at high speed..

in your case, i would say there is no need for the resisor trick as the eb v8 had seperate tcm and no thermo fans....

Yes they were, and that's exactly why I have not done the resistor trick yet. Because I couldn't see a reason to when I'm only "trying to get it to run" and not to extract max performance out of it atm.

I've gotta charge up the battery before I can do some more testing lol. I'm starting to think the PIP inside the dizzy, both of them, are playing up. Been reading up on the 5.slow dizzy, and some of the issues I've had when it was last running point to a dodgy PIP module.

In more positive news, I picked up the rocker arm & bolt that I need today (for the corty) at Pick a Part, as well as a decent cruise cable for the Ghia, will be nice to have the cruise working again.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Happy New Year Fordmodders!

Have not played anymore with the Xr8, been busy on other things. Have been thinking about fitting up my Mallory 6AL unit, see if I can get it running. I Fit a new set of ball joints to my spare stub axels last weekend(because every good Eseries owner has spare stub axels lol), and tonight I fit them to the Ghia. Rides & handles way better...

Pitty about the discovery that both my tie rod ends are shagged too. Ah well, I'll order a new pair at work tomorrow.

I'll post up some pics soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The magic tool that makes Ball Joints on the EA thru EL Falcon so much easier & so quick! Yes, I bought the tool, another Eseries specific tool I now own.

One big Press, working... thanks to my future father in law, it's his press. 50t capacity FTW!

Wholy s**t! That's more than 20t to do this ball joint! The rest took about 15t to pop out.

Finished result. I know, I should have tarted the stubs up, but it's not a show car.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Good call on the replacement uprights.

Luckily, tie rod ends are CHEAP! LOL.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Good call on the replacement uprights.

Luckily, tie rod ends are CHEAP! LOL.

Cheers
BenJ

You should see them at my price, Cheap is an understatement! It sort of helps make up for the piss poor wages that Repco pay!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Good work.
Yep tools are cheap in the big scheme of things.
Id rather pay twice as much for a tool to do a job then labour would cost me because I then have no one to blame but myself for the workmanship and I have a tool for the next time it needs doing.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Good work.
Yep tools are cheap in the big scheme of things.
Id rather pay twice as much for a tool to do a job then labour would cost me because I then have no one to blame but myself for the workmanship and I have a tool for the next time it needs doing.

Thanks man!

Yes, the correct tools are cheap in the grand scheme of it all, break the cost down over the jobs, and it works out less than piss f@rt around to take stubs to a mechanic to get them done. Also helps when you have 3 Eseries, and there are more in the family, you absolutely know 110% that you will be using the tool many times!

On the topic of workmanship, I know I did a good job, started by taking the rubber boots off, so as to not tear them while pressing the bj's in. I've had "professionals" do this job for me in the past, and when the stubs are handed back, the rubbers are torn. I pressed the old bj's out, cleaned up the stubs with a wire brush, pulled the boots off, then pressed in the new bj's. Fit the boots back to them & job done. Didn't take all that long either.

The grease on my hands that I can't wash off tonight will also help give me a bit more creditability at work tomorrow. There's nothing better than walking into an auto parts store & knowing the guy behind the counter know's his s**t, you can see it on his hands, that he get's dirty & does the job himself.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Lot of talk about bj's above............ :twisted:

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Lot of talk about bj's above............ :twisted:

lol, only bj's I've got of late, are the ones to fit to the Ghia.... :oops:

On another topic, I was thinking I should really get around to fitting this damn sunroof I have sitting in my shed!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Got the tie rod ends done last night, set the toe alignment, car drives a lot better but it needs a proper alignment. Will look at booking it in to get that done in the next few weeks, once I fit some new rotors, pads & wheel bearings.

Also checked out the engine mount bolts, they had worked a little loose, so tightened them up, front end steers, stops & turns without issue now. Yay.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Ghia repairs
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Tonight I got a little more work done on the corty, intake is back on, coolant lines plumbed, some vac lines plumbed too. Just need to rebuild the carby & it should run. Also fit up my recently purchased cruise control cable to my Eb Ghia, gotta take it for a test, should be nice to have cruise control again. :mrgreen:

I swapped a TFI module on the Xr8's dizzy(helps to have a couple spare lying around lol), got it sort of running again, but it kept stalling like it was running out of fuel if you cracked the throttle. Run thru the injector harness, found the spot where the LPG system cuts the injector's, and it doesn't look too good, so I'll look at repairing that, hopefully fixing this issue & making it run properly.

I better get a move on, things to do. Will pop up a couple more pics soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Tried to get the corty running last night. With the plugs out(so you can blow the s**t that get's in the pots out before your fire it), I filled up the radiator after sorting the vac lines..... pot number 1 immediately fills with coolant. Awww s**t.... there were no cracks in the head that I could see, would have to see one to be that bad, and the deck of the head was flat within tolerance....... cracked block?

Oh well, it won't be moving under it's own power anytime soon, time to either give up on it or a very cheap long motor 250ci iron head xflow to go into it. I've got a friend that might be able to store it for me for a few weeks, got other more important stuff to do.

In other news, wrecking a ED Futura, just arrived. Anyone need bits, pm me!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

The ED Futura getting wrecked out..

Rebuilding & fitting the carby on the TE Cortina... started with a box of parts. After a little work, it's rebuilt...

Finished, even soldered the solenoid wire back on...

Fit...pitty the engine is stuffed, it would have purred with this fresh carby.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Did a little work on the ghia yesterday. Swapped the tailshaft & it's stuffed uni's for a EB Xr8 alloy shaft that I had lying around. It's nice to have no uni clunks now! Also changed the diff oil, it was overdue, and checked on the diff bump stop, it's still ok for now, but you can see it get's a workout...

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

xflow head and dizzys for sale in case your interested

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Sort by  
 Page 73 of 81  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 81  Next