Fordmods Logo

ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-) 

Page 75 of 81 [ 1212 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 81  Next

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Red Xr8 so close!
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

Mhm love red EB XR's, will always have a soft spot for them!

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

lukeee wrote:
Mhm love red EB XR's, will always have a soft spot for them!

Thanks man. I'm not a huge fan of the red, but my fiance loves the red.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Had a busy day working on things on sunday, one of those things was fitting a new seal kit to the master cylinder on the Tx5 turbo. Been having issues with the brakes for a week or so, with a soft peddle on the first pump, no air in the system or fluid loss. Turned out when I pulled the master cylinder apart, the old seals were hard.

New seals went in, bled up the brakes, working great again. Only took just on 1hour. Now I wonder why I didn't just throw a seal kit thru the master cylinder in the Hz pano, instead of shelling out for a new master cylinder lol. I fixed the Tx5's issue for about $25 inc some brake fluid. Spent over $125 on the panel van's master cylinder, already had the brake fluid in the shed. You live & learn.

In other news, got a new windscreen fit to the red Xr8 on monday while I was at work. Got a hand from a mate & got a new set of ball joints fit to a spare set of stub's, hopefully I'll fit them up with new rotors, bearings, pads & while I'm there I'll kit up the calipers tomorrow night.

A couple more things to do checked off the list lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Been away on holiday, had the opportunity to rent a FG XR6 with leather & premo sound. Not a bad car at all to drive, however, the BA/BF is a nicer car to throw arround corners IMHO, they just feel lighter, and probably are considering all the extra so called safety gear the FG has. Must admit, I did miss my Ghia. I still prefer the Eb Ghia recaro's to the FG seats. I also noticed the fuel economy isn't much different to my Eb Ghia's!

Yes the twin cam 4.0 is a good bit of gear. Am I considering one for the Ghia? I really don't have the time for a twin cam conversion, even tho I do need to rebuild the engine for the Ghia..... Bugger having too many projects on the go lol!

However my fiance really likes the BA - FG seats, and has put an order in for some for her Xr8. Maybe once it's on the road & had it's paint tidied up.

Also scored a bargain in a set of extractors for my LH Torana. Going to get it running N/A on Gas Research, get it thru rego first, then bolt on the turbo gear. I can get the exhaust flanged at the firewall and if I get a 3inch setup I won't have to replace it when I fit the turbo. Most of the gas gear will be used in the turbo setup so that won't have to change if I get the converter & line setup correctly the first time around, so why not? I don't think my ICE ignition setup will run good in a N/A setup as it's been setup for a boosted application, but I can run the original points dizzy for long enough to get thru rego.

Anyway, got stuff to do, I'll post up a few pics soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - FG XR6! :-)
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Got some work done on the red Xr8 tonight after work, ticked a few items off the list that needed to be done for the RWC. Hopefully I get a few more done tomorrow night.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

s**t, been a week already. Time for those pics.

Here's the FG Xr6 I rented. Gotta admit it's made the idea of a twin cam conversion stick in my mind lol.

Some pics from the DJR Shop & Museum.

Here's a ROFL pic I took in Ipswitch... well I found it funny...

Something I picked up thru work for the might boy. So sick of the issues with the points, it's the main bit that makes the mighty boy unreliable. So here's an electronic conversion, solves that issues.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've been a busy dude, fit up that ignition conversion for the mighty boy. Done some more work to the red Xr8, and have finally got around to fitting the roof access ladder I bought for my house a few years ago, with the help of a couple of mates. Will be useful to help tidy up the house a bit, store a few car parts up in the roof as well as a few other things I don't need atm.

Might have a big update on the red Xr8 soon too. Just have a few little things to do, but I gotta say I'm loving driving it around (under permit). Every time you get on the gas, even just a little bit, and it's not pointing in a straight line (and even if it is if you dial in 50+% throttle), it's spinning the rear's up very easily lol. :mrgreen:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Hey torana guy. A bloke I just met has a mighty boy and it reminded me of you. Citric acid paint,bagged and on stockies. Th38oy is the number plate I think

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Had a busy day working on things on sunday, one of those things was fitting a new seal kit to the master cylinder on the Tx5 turbo. Been having issues with the brakes for a week or so, with a soft peddle on the first pump, no air in the system or fluid loss. Turned out when I pulled the master cylinder apart, the old seals were hard.

New seals went in, bled up the brakes, working great again. Only took just on 1hour. Now I wonder why I didn't just throw a seal kit thru the master cylinder in the Hz pano, instead of shelling out for a new master cylinder lol. I fixed the Tx5's issue for about $25 inc some brake fluid. Spent over $125 on the panel van's master cylinder, already had the brake fluid in the shed. You live & learn.

In other news, got a new windscreen fit to the red Xr8 on monday while I was at work. Got a hand from a mate & got a new set of ball joints fit to a spare set of stub's, hopefully I'll fit them up with new rotors, bearings, pads & while I'm there I'll kit up the calipers tomorrow night.

A couple more things to do checked off the list lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

May i ask when you say ball joints did you get all 4 for the front of the XR8 ?

also what made you call it quits and fork out for it as in what "symptoms" did it have just curious

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

There was a little play in the old ball joints, as well as the boots were all torn. I get stuff like that cheap enough atm that it makes no sense to not replace them. One less item to pick on for the road worthy as well.

bry40l -> cool. I think I've seen that mighty boy over on the team mighty boy forums. I gotta get some more work done on mine soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
There was a little play in the old ball joints, as well as the boots were all torn. I get stuff like that cheap enough atm that it makes no sense to not replace them. One less item to pick on for the road worthy as well.

bry40l -> cool. I think I've seen that mighty boy over on the team mighty boy forums. I gotta get some more work done on mine soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Ahh yes yes same here its just a no brainier as you mentioned

I read your review on the FG seats but so much is pondering my mind about them still

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

EF_wanabe wrote:

I read your review on the FG seats but so much is pondering my mind about them still

Yeah, my fiance really liked the leather Xr6 seats, but it would be a fair bit of work & an engineers cert to fit them, I don't see that it's worth it, unless there was other stuff getting engineered too. Anyway, too many other things to do first!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
EF_wanabe wrote:

Yeah, my fiance really liked the leather Xr6 seats, but it would be a fair bit of work & an engineers cert to fit them, I don't see that it's worth it, unless there was other stuff getting engineered too. Anyway, too many other things to do first!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Ahhh ok

looks like i will be keeping my original seats as i got a set of FG XRs to fit tomorrow

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Epic update! As of Wednesday 27-3-13, the Red Xr8 is legal! It's been thru a legit roady & it's now registered. Custom plates to come soon, my fiance wants some custom plates on it. For now, stock plates will do lol.

Now it's time to get onto other "non roadworthy issues" to be resolved. Like a leaky welsch plug, wire up the stereo, swap the diff to one that doesn't whine lol. Give it a good cut & polish too.

I'll get a pic or two up later.

Achievement Unlocked!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Red Xr8 Reg'd! 27-3
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Pics update. Xr8 wearing plates, might boy electronic dizzy upgrade, and something I've been working on at home, roof/attic access ladder.

Mighty boy electronic ignition conversion.

Installed a roof access ladder with the help of a couple of mates too.

Been a busy one I have!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 75 of 81  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 81  Next