Fordmods Logo

ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-) 

Page 76 of 81 [ 1212 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 81  Next

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Red Xr8 Reg'd! 27-3
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

So this weekend just gone I've been on the annual mighty boy Albury cruise. Took the boy out friday morning and got back sunday evening, did a little over 1100kms this time around, and the boy run pretty good. The new gearbox & clutch I did the weekend prior was pretty good, the rev's at 100kph are down heaps due to the change in final drive ratio from 5.2ish to 4.3ish. Saved heaps of fuel as well!

Electronic ignition conversion run like clockwork. Pitty the 2nd gear syncro's seem worn in this box, but I've been advised it's a very easy box to rebuild, so it shouldn't be a costly fix. Had a great time away, but now it's back to reality & the grind to get things done...

I'll put up a couple pics soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Red Xr8 Reg'd! 27-3
Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

A shot with Lake Hume in the background....

Mighty boy's... only a small turn out this year, many others had mechanical or family issues to tend to.

One of the lookouts...

Up at the Albury War Memorial

Had some great fun doing a downhill run thru the hills around lake hume. There is one nice long, very winding road that was way too much fun, at twice the suggested limits around most of the corners lol. One thing I have discovered tho, I really need a rear sway bar, and I've found a way to stiffen up the front bar fairly cheaply too. An old budget drift trick...

The semi-solid engine mounts performed well, and not many vibrations were felt thru the ute either, surprisingly.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Ghia's back!
Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
The magic tool that makes Ball Joints on the EA thru EL Falcon so much easier & so quick! Yes, I bought the tool, another Eseries specific tool I now own.

One big Press, working... thanks to my future father in law, it's his press. 50t capacity FTW!

Wholy s**t! That's more than 20t to do this ball joint! The rest took about 15t to pop out.

Finished result. I know, I should have tarted the stubs up, but it's not a show car.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Hey there

Could you pretty please do me a huge favor

Could you please with sugar on top show me some detailed design pictures on that ball joint tool so i can mod my tool as i have been trying for hours today :(

been such a long tiring day why is my E series so hard to work on at times :(

Thank you in advance

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Mighty boy Cruise 2013!
Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey,

I'll have to dig it out of the shed, currently I'm injured (soft tissue damage in my right hand, not fun!), might not get a chance to get to the tool for a few days. I'll see what I can do.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Hey,

I'll have to dig it out of the shed, currently I'm injured (soft tissue damage in my right hand, not fun!), might not get a chance to get to the tool for a few days. I'll see what I can do.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Hey sorry if i seemed rude etc

I manged to get it out 3 out of 4 done

Dont think il need the pictures dont want to hurt your hand more

Bent a decent $300 tool but it just took 5 wacks with a 3lb hammer guess i weakened it out

Nice Mightyboy cruise i know a family member of mine has got one in SA i wonder if you know him i guess mighty boy people stay together as there is not many of them around

Posted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Wow, almost been a month since I logged in & posted. Only just been over a week since I've had the bandage off my hand. I still have a ways to go until I get full strength back in my right hand, but it's improving.

So what's been happening? Not too much on the car's front. The oil pump has died in the Eb Ghia. So my spare engine was stripped last weekend & measured up, needs to be bored oversize, as pots 4 thru 6 are on the limit of out of round. Front 3 pots are ok. So first oversize is the order of the day. Crank measures up perfect, so std bearings going down there. Just have to wait to get the block back, then order the parts & the rebuild begins. Not sure if I can afford a cam & j3 chip ontop of the cost of doing the bottom end. Have to wait for the bill & see.

Suzuki have finally got in my new strut mounts & bearings for the mighty boy. Nothing like waiting on spares all the way from Japan!

Still haven't done the welch plugs on the red Xr8, but after some stop leak, they are hardly leaking at all, tho just enough to stop the heater working properly. Changed the LPG tank last weekend with the help of a mate, now it has a working fuel sender. New tank has 9 years left on it, old tank had only a year left. I'll hook the old tank to the white Xr8 & run it until it's empty, then wash the tank out & probably scrap it or maybe set it up as an air tank for my compressor in the shed?

I've finally got the pool table I've wanted for ages in my rumpas/games room. "only" a 7x4, but it's big enough to be fun.

Been working on plans for my honeymoon next year too. Anyway, I've got stuff to do, time to get off here. Might be time for some more pics soon.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - Eb Ghia engine rebuild time...
Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

So the block is back from the machine shop, along with new pistons & rings, 030 oversize. I've cleaned up the block & it's got a coat of Ford Blue like what I did the mighty boy's engine in. Also painted up the sump too. Got some brackets to clean up & paint thru the week, and have to order the bits I need for the bottom end rebuild on tuesday.

Looking like I might still make it under budget, but only just. I'm going to replace the intake air temp sensor, o2 sensor & tps sensor, but not the map sensor. My engine mounts are ok, so don't have to replace them, saving a few bucks. I've already got a new set of lifters, a new water pump, and I have oils & coolant already..

I'll post up some pics later...

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Block back from getting machined...

In full color

Sump too...

Other bits required for the rebuild, hopefully coming later in the week.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Subaru Liberty RX Wagon MY03

NSW, Australia

I like the colours. Should look good once all assembled.

Current ride: MY03 Liberty RX Wagon
EBII S-XR6, Now 5 speed. Moved on to greener pastures...

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

evxr6 wrote:
I like the colours. Should look good once all assembled.

Thanks man. I'm in the middle of repainting the accessories brackets, just in VHT black, and should probably do the engine mount brackets too, but not sure what color. Maybe I'll pick something that stands out for the engine mount brackets, like yellow or red?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Here's a shot of the mighty boy doing some work, haulin the eb ghia's engine block back from being machined.

Yep, I do use it as a ute, it's not just a "toy" lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well, there has been a few other little things that have cropped up in the last week that required attention, like the replacement of the roof on my spare parts shed, fitting a new power steer pump to the white Xr8 so I can move it around, out of the way, when required. The petrol pump died in it too, it would seem, so I need to change that. I've got a few second hand pumps in the shed, just need to change the pump & fit a new filter. It's got enough gas in the LPG tank to run for a while anyway.

Picked up the rest of the bits for the bottom end rebuild. Just need to get it all put back together. Plan was for that to happen tonight, but other things happened. Maybe tomorrow night. The Corty needs to come home soon too, so really have to get s**t done. Maybe it's time to put up that carport I've been thinking about?

So much on the go atm, I'm hoping I can get some major progress before I start to burn out again.....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Speaking of progress, I've come down with a cold, so jacked up on cold & flu tablets, makes for slow progress. Removed the old engine & my reco T5 from the Ghia on Saturday. Bloody engine crane broke, half way thru the job! Awwww s**t! The pump mech wore thru. Did a dodgy repair so I could finish lifting the engine out of the bay. Will need to design a proper repair before I can fit the new engine.

Speaking of new engines, tonight I got a bit of shed time, the crank is in, clearance good & torqued to spec. Pistons, rings & rods installed, only finger tight, gave up for the night, getting too cold. Tomorrow night after work the plan is to remove the head from the engine that just come out of the ghia, as it had a full reco & new valves not quite 12mths ago, and send it off to check checked & decked if required. Nothing else will be required on it. Once that's back, I can torque the rods up to spec, and install the head.

Gotta work out what cam I want for it, I have enough cash for a cam & j3 chip, but not for springs as well, so need to go mild (A good idea since I tow a fair bit anyway)....

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

This is supposed to be on the crane... Oh s**t!

When it broke.....

Slow progress tonight.. (rest has been done since pic taken)

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Any progress is good progress mate.
Keep at it.
It is f**k hard to get motorvated to go and stand out in a freezing cold shed when inside the heater and coffee is on , and there is a nice comfy spot in front of the TV.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Sort by  
 Page 76 of 81  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79 ... 81  Next