Fordmods Logo

ToranaGuy - Got my kicks on Route 66! :-) 

Page 9 of 81 [ 1212 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 81  Next

Post subject: Re: ToranaGuys Build Thread - No Particular car - got too many!
Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
Thx dude. Can say the same about you too.

Altho i have wrecked a few too, but you need organ donors to save lives lol!

Cheers

ToranaGuy

this is true. it's just something about the XD-F and EA-D models. i like the squareness. LOL

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

The EA-ED are actually a lot curvier than they appear, as they have a pretty low drag co-efficient, especially for the age of the car, being designed in the 80s. I do prefer the look of the EA-ED over the EF - AU car's. The BA doesn't look bad tho, a good rework on the AU shell i think.

But i don't really like the interior of the BA's. I'm mostly happy with the interior of my EB Ghia, maybe needs EL Ghia door trims and some black leather to break the seats up a bit maybe? Anyway, changing the interior is a dream atm, too many other things to do, that i have the bits to actually do right now lol.

I have a really crazy idea of what I'd like to do to a EA-ED boxcar if i had the time, a little money & somewhere to store it. Maybe one day. Until then, I'll keep playing with what i have.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

EF fronts are miles better than the ED or earlier. What the hell!

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:

eww. no grill isn't cool

Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:

Maybe in aero terms, but not looks.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

WILDEB wrote:
fiend wrote:

eww. no grill isn't cool

Fairmont, Fairlane, LTD and variations thereof all had grills mate. I don't like the GLi either...

I do like the box car LANE and LTD front ends - Longer and enough space for a big intercooler with no mods at all. Great foresight shown by the Aussie Ford people there...
:wink:

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
fiend wrote:

eww. no grill isn't cool

Fairmont, Fairlane, LTD and variations thereof all had grills mate. I don't like the GLi either...

I do like the box car LANE and LTD front ends - Longer and enough space for a big intercooler with no mods at all. Great foresight shown by the Aussie Ford people there...

true. lol

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

fiend wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
fiend wrote:

eww. no grill isn't cool

Very good point there Fiend. A GT front bar doesn't need too much in the way of mods to fit a FMIC there, but you do need to move the a/c dryer still. In a lane/ltd you wouldn't have to move it.

I didn't get much done on the car's today, another issue i had to tend to took up too much time.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Been playing with the Ghia a bit today. Installed my premo sound amp under the seat. Sounds good with the engine off. Seems to only full range amplify the top 2 channels, bottom 2 seem to be bass only. So i have my rear speakers hooked upto it.

Start up the engine to see what the go is - huge alternator whine that rises & falls with the rpm! Ah s**t. Earth is good & same size wiring for this amp. So i pulled the head unit - earth wire has pulled a little and wasn't doing a great job connecting.

But there is no alternator whine in the speakers that are running off the head unit. Just to add something to the s**t pot. Anyway. I decided to run a earth directly from the battery to the head unit's earth wire. The alternator whine get's worse. :roll: :?: I pulled the earth wire out..... wait a minute, the head unit didn't turn off! WTF? I pulled the aerial wire & it shut off. So the head unit is earthing thru the antenna wire. With it unplugged & the earth from the battery to headunit in, the alternator whine in the amplified speakers is still worse than without directly earthing it to the battery, it's present but not very loud in the amplified speakers without the direct earth to the battery.....

Far out. This is going to piss me off trying to work it out.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Scratching my head a little more, i unplugged the RCA's at the head unit, all noise is gone from the system.

Maybe my pioneer headunit's rca earth has crapped itself? [edit] This is it, i earthed the RCA's, all noise gone. f**k pioneer head unit! Now to make my ghetto fix more permanent.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Anyway, on a happier note, i thought i'd post up this pic, seeing as i had the seats out of the Xr8 series 1, and the passenger seat out of my EB Ghia while fitting the amp under it.

Attachment:
P1010016.JPG

From left to right. Eb Series 1 Xr8 trimmed in cloth. ED Ghia Leather & Velour trimmed & my EB Ghia Series 2 "Full Leather" trimmed seat. Interesting to see the different trim options on them i thought.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

and the one on the left. and it's pair is mine. i'll transfer now

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
and the one on the left. and it's pair is mine. i'll transfer now

Yep, they will be yours soon dude. With a little bit of work they will be very cool & comfy in your EB. :cool:

In case anyone is wondering, yes i have the other seats to make pairs lol. WILDEB has purchased the Xr8 seats, and the others are not for sale, they are going back in my car's.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

damn straight. *shakes fist*

Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ROFL.

Stereo sounds good with the ghetto fix, earthing the rca leads to the housing of the headunit. I might go for a short cruise later to give it a proper test.

Speaking of testing things, after driving my white Xr8 the other night, and taking a good hard look at the peddle box & firewall, they both seem good. I'm going to check the adjustment of the clutch cable tomorrow, and if it hasn't got anymore in it, i think i'll have to pull another T5 box out, as it's probably the throw out fork causing the issue. :cry:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 81  [ 1212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 81  Next