Fordmods Logo

TUFF4D, EL Fairmont, Manual, Five Litre! 

Page 5 of 6 [ 85 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Far our i just noticed how low in the rear it is...... tuck tyre much? :P

cant believe people still telling you it needs more lowering lol.... looks 'spot on' as it is !!

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

VIC, Australia

yeahwith a bit of weight in it i can get it to tuck rim, but its temporarily raised in the back while i get some trailing arms, my diff is rubbing against the floor pan and im worried i might have tailshaft failure or something. But yeah i like it slammed in the a*** :-P Can't wait to get it back like that

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

Dude thats looks damn nice now with that stance, very nice!!!

I dont mind the interior either with the woodgrain removed, looks smooth.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

thanks jeff, yeah it's just not my cup of tea, i love it on old mercs and jags, or XW Fairmont etc. Once exhaust and boot install are done i'll be looking at making her go a bit better, i'll start with the bolt on stuff and then work an engine package out, but right now im thinking about 347 with dart block in case i ever decide to supercharge it i know the block will be able to take it. I'm planning to spend about 12k, does this sound reasonable?

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:53 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

You've picked a really really bad time to start building a tough 5L :lol:
With the dollar as it is.
What sort of power you gunning for?

Car looks tough as guts man, good job.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: 1999 XHII XR8, 2002 AU Fairmont

Power: 236 rwkw

WA, Australia

$12k will get you a nice 347 set-up on a std block. Budget between $16-20k for a Dart block build.

STREETBUILT RACING
1999 XHII Falcon XR8 Ute 5.0L, TKO600 5spd, KB 2.1L Blower, 6.5psi, 12.2@113mph!!

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah i will have to start saving, Im a first year apprentice so i rekon it will take 9 months, of saving, hmmm maybe i shud forget about the dart block, if i decide to ever supercharge it i can cross that bridge when it arises. Thanks for all the comments, a lot of time has gone into it so i appreciate it :-)

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

some more pics of it slammed

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

awesome looking car, great colour and rims
also like that you put the proper gear knob back, i hate those metal ones compared to the orig
i would have kept the wood, but it's not something to dislike

also nice being a v8

low as too! mine's a rough enough ride!!

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

Man how did you get this thing so low, i have ultra lows in the back of mine with superlows up front (with standard shocks) but with the new diff it sits high, but well done on the car looks hot as love it.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ms1990 wrote:
awesome looking car, great colour and rims
also like that you put the proper gear knob back, i hate those metal ones compared to the orig
i would have kept the wood, but it's not something to dislike

also nice being a v8

low as too! mine's a rough enough ride!!

yeah the car come with a lot of weird stuff like that, i have photos of it before i had even seen the car and i can tell u its was fair average, i'd post them up i dont even wanna look at them lol. Yeah i can understand how some people like the woodgrain, it's just not for me that's all. V8 is nice, the winsdor has more poke than what people give credit for, i have embarassed quite a few of the local holden boys down here, hehehe

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Ghia V8

VIC, Australia

Hi mate, looking good. i swear that thing gets lower in the a** every time i see it lol. was great to catch up when i was down your way and as soon as i get my battery issues sorted will come down again and remember that paintball day is coming up in Jan (E-series FTW, bring GT-01 with you). Let me know if you decide to get exhaust done and i will give you Craigs number. If you decide to go down the route of the dart block try giving PAVTEK a call as they are doing them at pretty good prices atm.

Cheers

Trent

SIGNATURE PIC TO LARGE... REMOVED BY MODERATOR!

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks trent, yeah nice and low, its back to a sane lride height at the moment while i chase those trailing arms but will be slammed again soon i hope. Do you like the interior trent with no woodgrain? I'll let u know about exhaust, no one down here wants to do it :-(

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:08 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: EF Fairmont Ghia V8

VIC, Australia

I'm with you when it comes to woodgrain, hate the stuff looks tacky as. got a set of fairlane door trims here atm (padded armrests) just got to get rid of the woodgrain myself. When it comes to exhausts most places wont custom make them cause there is so much bolt on stuff around and of course that suff is faster to fit which means more money for them.

Trent

SIGNATURE PIC TO LARGE... REMOVED BY MODERATOR!

Posted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:28 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Burns wrote:
It's been a while but thought it's time for an update, im sure i won't remember everything I have done to it since last post but it will try my hardest. I think the first things was the NL Fairlane light, and the Carperted Kick panels. Next was the Kicker splits up front and kicker co-axial up back which are both powerd off a kenwood 4 channel amp and 4 gauge amp wiring kit. Next i wired the turning lights to a switch and to the dash so the foggie light appears when i have them switched on. I then lowerd the front and back some more, and replaced the chrome strip with new items. Also got hold of leather interior (seats, door trims, handbrake etc) but removed the wood grain(im sure i will get falmmed for that but I personally dont like woodgrain on post 70's aussie cars) I also experimented with a Powerchip but it ended up having a different catch code so its up for grabs. Im still yet to find somwhere to get the exhaust done however thanks to My347 i may of found just the place. I'm sure I would of forgotten some things but if i remember them i will post them up, cheers

Hi mate what was wolding the woodgrain one? The trim looks smooth behind it but i thoguht the woodgrain had clips holding it? Btw looks awesome without the woodgrain alot smoother and less dated imo

"You only need 2 tools, WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesnt move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and it shouldnt, use the duct tape!"

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next