Fordmods Logo

turbo wills new boosted ef project now 12.10@126.5mph 

Page 8 of 14 [ 199 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next

Post subject: Re: turbo wills new boosted ef project-12.51@117mph now 312rwkw
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:47 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB turbo

Power: 276 rwkw

SA, Australia

That's fair moving now! Nice work. Ill be coming out for a look when you race, was thinking of having a crack myself but really thinking of going auto first. Shame you got no sticky tyres, but I think you will set some nice times anyway.

EB 2,T5, snort kit, 3 inch, 044, turbosmart reg, LC1, 46lb, crow cam, EMS stinger
Now with 275.7 rwkw @13 psi

Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:42 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: turbo falcon

SA, Australia

Thanks mate, come say gday if you see me out. I reckon you would have fun in the manual but a lot harder and prob slower than auto. You should bring yours out for a run its so much fun haha.

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:32 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Hit the drags today. Loaded car full of spares, drove there and raced in full street trim with a full tank of fuel and 205r15 stockies. Did a best of 12.10@126.5mph on a 2.13 60ft and drove it home again after 11 passes.

Prity happy with the mph, times are damn slow though couldn't leave on more than 2psi or it spun/tramped. Still had spark blowout in 1st and badly on a few runs. Need a wideband, ive no idea what afrs are at now. Racing again in oct hopefully I can get some slicks sorted by then and dyno again to check tune.

Post subject: Re: turbo wills new boosted ef project now 12.10@126.5mph
Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:21 am 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLKT4RImP0U

Trans was A1 shifted hard as, wheelspin into 2nd and solid 2-3 changes. Doing a plenum for it at the moment this should see it trapping close to 130 I reckon and maybe sneak in an 11 on street tyres. Probably going to try a msd coilpack to try rid spark blowout. Really needs slicks and a stally/50 shot on convertor to get 60ft/times lower/consistent.

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Love your work! You need some decent street tyres for it even if you don't go slicks!

Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB turbo

Power: 276 rwkw

SA, Australia

Bloody love this thing! Never made it out in the end, got stuck trying to fix a mates 32 at mallala all day. Was too shaged to come out. Wish I had now.... Keep up the good work mate, be good to see how far you can push this using j3. 11s with good tyres then who knows...

EB 2,T5, snort kit, 3 inch, 044, turbosmart reg, LC1, 46lb, crow cam, EMS stinger
Now with 275.7 rwkw @13 psi

Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:25 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Thanks guys, just scored a set of used 255 et streets with a couple of meets in them for $50 so should be able to leave on decent boost now. Yea sticking with the j3 for sure working very well for me at the moment and easy as to tune with. Month till the next meet, then do the plenum and try sneak in some more boost I reckon. Was awesome fun last time out, pulls like crazy in the top of 3rd gear crossing at 5700rpm now.

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:55 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Well I was faced with a difficult choice on parts, get a stally or try spraying some nitrous against the convertor during staging. Both would be around the same price probably a little more for a quality convertor. I thought about it for ages and changed my mind a few times before finally going a sniper wet nitrous kit, impulse buy haha. From tuff car parts the kit cost $450 and 10lb bottle fill hurt the wallet to the tune of $145. Installed it sat night was prity easy. Have it wired to come on at full throttle and deactivate when a boost switch cuts in at 6psi.

After messing with the tune last weekend the best I could get it was around 6 seconds to build 10psi which is fine for pbs but s**t if you want to cut a good light and win some races. I had hoped the nitrous would half that to 3secs. So today I installed the smallest 70hp nitrous jet with the 100hp fuel jet (e85) and gave it a wurl. Holy crap it comes up hard as! First go had the boost switch bypassed and hit 15psi/3500rpm in 2.0 seconds before backing off in disbelief and the tyres started turning. Looking at the data-log the revs instantly hit 2800rpm then within 1.5 seconds its at 6psi were nitrous will deactivate. Prity happy with that looks like a bottle will last me around a year! Also when ive gone as far as I can on the turbo I can always run a full shot the whole 1/4 later down the track.

Also removed the rear trans output shaft housing and replaced the bush as it was leaking and had a stack of vibration/freeplay. Just need to fit these old et streets to some rims and wire in a voltage booster to the coilpack and good to race again October 5th.

Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:12 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

So I got stuck into making a basic cold air intake. Couldn't be bothered moving the battery so I ended up running the piping from the turbo straight down to the k-frame were the pod filter sticks through a bit. Very tight squeeze with 4" piping. Ive done this setup in the past and it works quiet well at dropping temps so hopefully the car picks up a bit more mph at the strip.

Posted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:49 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

So drags and powerfest were cancelled, disappointing as I had everything all set to go. Since there is no street meets for a while ive decided to sort out a plenum. Just need to redo cooler piping and make up an accelerator cable bracket then its ready to test. Probably have to raise fuel pressure a bit as it will no doubt lean out a fair bit under boost now its got the extra airflow from the plenum.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:27 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Good news, next street meets date has been released for 9th November so ive got a month to get everything sorted again. Its a 50/50 mix with street/comp cars so track prep should be A1, cant wait to get out there again. Got another 1600cc indy coming for an 8th injector for more fuel under boost with plenum. Ill get off my a** and book some dyno time too, bit mad trying to tune on street with how its going at the moment haha.

Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

I am shocked at what you've achieved with an essentially stock block..

I keep hearing stories that stock rods are only good for 10 psi max, so it's good to see that this isn't always the case.

I've got a ba turbo and I'm about to lash out on some scat rods and nispro valve springs. wondering if the rods are necessary now.

This site needs a "+1" button under every post. :-)

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:13 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Yea the stock bottom ends been coping ok. Few 400rwkw stock ba bottom ends getting around now, least they are cheap if it goes bang. Its all in the tune.

Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:50 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

New cold side piping done, leaves room for my catch can setup too. Made it one piece like the hot side so there is little chance of it popping off on high boost. Trade off is its a prik to fit, front bar off job. Added an 8th injector, another 1600cc indy. Its made using a holden camira injector mounting boss and the end of a falcon fuel rail cut up with a bolt welded in the other end and two L brackets to secure it. A flat plate is made and tapped with m6 thread and welded to the piping. Should have enough fuel now with a total of 6800cc haha.

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:00 pm 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

Bit more progress, painted lower runners and bolted up plenum. Fit the manifold, run all the wiring underneath to keep it a little neater. Fit an eb thermostat housing and top radiator hose. Made a bracket for mounting up the longer accelerator cable so that's all working with the standard return spring setup. Planning on mounting the coil pack on the cold side of engine bay maybe on top of the plenum or under the cooler piping not sure yet. Also plumbed in the boost switch to deactivate nitrous at 6psi. Not much left to do now.

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 14  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next