Fordmods Logo

EL Ghia - Gone 

Page 17 of 22 [ 322 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next

Post subject: Re: TyLeR's EL Ghia - T5 conversion
Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Alright, went to the drags again last night, thing is the motorplex is f**k gay and you usually only get about 3-5 runs over the whole 4 hour night.

First run was the best, which was 15.37 without launching, and fairly easy shifts.
Second run I tried launching but just ended up doing a 1st gear powerskid, 16.2.
Third run I almost stalled off the line and ran a 15.6.
Last run was just slow with a 15.8.

4 runs for 55 dollars... pretty s**t if you ask me..

Anyway, I also had a billet shifter knob made up at work:
Attachment:
1470248_230426733783557_993274071_n.jpg

The other one was falling off, need to sort a better mounting system than 3 tiny grubscrews.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

EL Ghia

Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

TyLeR3397 wrote:
Alright, went to the drags again last night, thing is the motorplex is f**k gay and you usually only get about 3-5 runs over the whole 4 hour night.

First run was the best, which was 15.37 without launching, and fairly easy shifts.
Second run I tried launching but just ended up doing a 1st gear powerskid, 16.2.
Third run I almost stalled off the line and ran a 15.6.
Last run was just slow with a 15.8.

4 runs for 55 dollars... pretty s**t if you ask me..

Anyway, I also had a billet shifter knob made up at work:
Attachment:
1470248_230426733783557_993274071_n.jpg

The other one was falling off, need to sort a better mounting system than 3 tiny grubscrews.

Try dumping the clutch at about 3500 - 4000rpm, in mine i was dumping at 4000-4500 and was getting off the line nicely

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Stripped out the xr6

Gonna put new carpet in and some decent sound.

EL Ghia

Post subject: Re: TyLeR's EL Ghia & XR6
Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:30 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Hey buddy, nice car. My first post on any forum so sorry if I'm jumping in, in the wrong place. I'm interested on how you got the 167KW's. I just had mine run up and was disappointed with 161.3. other than a larger air intake and some small adjustments that can be made with a J3 I'm a bit stuck. I am running an auto but not sure how much driving that would cost in Kw's?

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Hey mate, 161rwkw is nothing to be ashamed about. What work have you done to achieve that? You might gain 5-10rwkw through a manual box over the auto.

As far as I know my engine had a little bit of head porting, and I'm using pacemaker 4480s which are the pick of the bunch in terms of making good power.

EL Ghia

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

Kayne wrote:
Hey buddy, nice car. My first post on any forum so sorry if I'm jumping in, in the wrong place. I'm interested on how you got the 167KW's. I just had mine run up and was disappointed with 161.3. other than a larger air intake and some small adjustments that can be made with a J3 I'm a bit stuck. I am running an auto but not sure how much driving that would cost in Kw's?

put it this way you're making more power then my barra probably is haha

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:57 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Kayne wrote:

161RWKW with air intake and J3, s**t.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Hey guys, I,ve done pretty much every thing, JMM brand new CNC head, Dev 5 cam, Headers, APC mandrel, bored out throttle body, JMM pod filter conversion for fact air box and an SS induction, the list goes on!!!. I guess they always sell high but I was really hoping for 170+. Guess I shouldn't have believed the hype!! I have a Uni-chip but the d**k who installed it don't support it any more and my only other option is an J3 install, tuned for $1700+!!!

What have you done to get to 167 mate?

Touque Performance said it needs the intake pipe. but I read the EF one lets in more air than the EL factory piping so was hoping to keep it looking factory-ish maybe with some air brushed ford art on it as I've seen on Ebay. But I did see the intake on KWIKXR's car and thought that looked cool.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:52 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Kayne wrote:
Hey guys, I,ve done pretty much every thing, JMM brand new CNC head, Dev 5 cam, Headers, APC mandrel, bored out throttle body, JMM pod filter conversion for fact air box and an SS induction, the list goes on!!!. I guess they always sell high but I was really hoping for 170+. Guess I shouldn't have believed the hype!! I have a Uni-chip but the d**k who installed it don't support it any more and my only other option is an J3 install, tuned for $1700+!!!

That's a lot different than this post..

Kayne wrote:

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Lol swc, you misunderstood what he said.

Kayne, you should contact CMS or CVE. My engine has a CMS stage 3 kit.

I dont know much about the dev kits but maybe they dont use as good of a cam profile or the cnc head doesnt actually flow that much.

And yeah a proper tune with a j3 or aftermarket ecu will bring plenty more power.

EL Ghia

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Yep, lol. I think Kayne is saying that not much else can be done with his current setup but upgrading the intake pipe and making some adjustments via the J3 to get more than 161rwkw. The auto's sap a lot of power, more-so if you've got a hi-stall or a fairly loose converter. As Tyler suggested, drop a T5 in and you'll see more power and feel it too.

Run it down the 1/4 mile and that'll give a better indication of what sort of power you're making. At the end of the day, a rolling road dyno is nothing more than a tuning tool, with the amount of variables there are, there really is no point reading too much into the power figures they provide.

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Yeah my bad, I ment left to do to get more juice. And yeah the J3 would give more tuning options inc shifting points which the uni-chip could do. But another 2K!! does everything have to be so expensive? And yeah I'm running the JMM 3000 high stall. Another thing I only just noticed while taking the photos is yours and KWICKXRs engine bays are awesome tidy !! I had a small fire about 2 years ago and fire wall and bonnet lining got burnt. But still the rest isn't pretty anyway. Keen as to get it up to the same standard.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: 98 EL Futura

Power: 199 rwkw

VIC, Australia

The power figures JMM quote are going off there dyno. I know someone had 178rwkw on his and then went to a honest dyno down at EFI Dynamics and made ~155rwkw. Take it down the strip and you will see how much power it has.

EL Futura: CVE head, Wolf V500, ICE Ignition and Coil, 36lb injectors, Walbro 255lb, Paci comps, 3" exhaust, T5, Harrop Truetrac with 3.9s. Now with 198.9rwkw, (~185rwkw and 13.80 @99.1mph) with more power to come

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

he sideways nice car man. And those power figures are awesome!! I don't see any induction under there.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Sorry that's GeZza200. Spot the newbie. my text should be green!!

Sort by  
 Page 17 of 22  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next