Fordmods Logo

WILDEB 

 

Page 4 of 50 [ 747 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 50  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:13 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
had the fans on for about 5 days. THEY ARE BRILLIANT! A/C is so much colder. Especially in traffic. Car runs nice and cool too. may have to put a warmer thermostat lol. i put a cooler one in when the clutch fan was on during summer.


Been a while since I've read an update, thought I'd drop in & say nice work on the current state of the car's mate. Those fan's are well worth it, i found that out when i did mine, and you heard how quiet mine idles when they are not running, like a modern car lol. I too need a hotter thermostat, seems the car hardly get's warm & then the fan's come on, it's always running just outside normal on the gauge unless i have my right boot hard into it. I'm going to fit a set to my Hz pano when it's time to get it on the road too.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
had the fans on for about 5 days. THEY ARE BRILLIANT! A/C is so much colder. Especially in traffic. Car runs nice and cool too. may have to put a warmer thermostat lol. i put a cooler one in when the clutch fan was on during summer.


Been a while since I've read an update, thought I'd drop in & say nice work on the current state of the car's mate. Those fan's are well worth it, i found that out when i did mine, and you heard how quiet mine idles when they are not running, like a modern car lol. I too need a hotter thermostat, seems the car hardly get's warm & then the fan's come on, it's always running just outside normal on the gauge unless i have my right boot hard into it. I'm going to fit a set to my Hz pano when it's time to get it on the road too.

Cheers

ToranaGuy


yeh mine get's to the line before normal. and when you give it a hard time (i know i shouldn't with the engine in it's current state)it get's to the N and then they kick in. and idling around town it get to half at the highest then the kick in.

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

That's not bad, mine doesn't even get that warm on the gauge, but the fan's set to 100deg to kick them in, they kick in & out, so i think my gauge is reading low.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 1109

Joined: 4th Sep 2009

Ride: 92 EB s

Location: DORRIGO
NSW, Australia

What's actually wrong with your car.?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

87SIlude wrote:
What's actually wrong with your car.?


engine is a little tired. still runs and drives well. i bought one of ToranaGuy anyway. just getting some freshen up bits together.

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
87SIlude wrote:
What's actually wrong with your car.?


engine is a little tired. still runs and drives well. i bought one of ToranaGuy anyway. just getting some freshen up bits together.


Nothing that can't be fixed right! How's it coming with getting those bits together?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
87SIlude wrote:
What's actually wrong with your car.?


engine is a little tired. still runs and drives well. i bought one of ToranaGuy anyway. just getting some freshen up bits together.


Nothing that can't be fixed right! How's it coming with getting those bits together?

Cheers

ToranaGuy


it can be fixed. i'm halfway there lol

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

What color you going to paint the engine man? Ford blue? It would show up nice in the white engine bay.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:56 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
What color you going to paint the engine man? Ford blue? It would show up nice in the white engine bay.

Cheers

ToranaGuy


i dunno. i was thinking black block and the blue rocker cover

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:41 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
What color you going to paint the engine man? Ford blue? It would show up nice in the white engine bay.

Cheers

ToranaGuy


i dunno. i was thinking black block and the blue rocker cover


That's a bit stock tho isn't it? They were black from the factory until the EF or so when they stopped painting blocks to save a couple of $$ and some time.

I painted up my mighty boy's engine ford blue, the lighter shade of it, good quality VHT stuff, looks good in a white engine bay. The spare engine tho, I'm going for something more out there, going to paint it up yellow.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
WILDEB wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:
What color you going to paint the engine man? Ford blue? It would show up nice in the white engine bay.

Cheers

ToranaGuy


i dunno. i was thinking black block and the blue rocker cover


That's a bit stock tho isn't it? They were black from the factory until the EF or so when they stopped painting blocks to save a couple of $$ and some time.

I painted up my mighty boy's engine ford blue, the lighter shade of it, good quality VHT stuff, looks good in a white engine bay. The spare engine tho, I'm going for something more out there, going to paint it up yellow.

Cheers

ToranaGuy


yeh it is isn't it. i dunno what to do. well people. give me ideas on block and rocker cover colour ideas.

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

You wanna keep the rocker cover blue?

If you wanted to paint it, maybe go purple for the block & rocker cover?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

purple? nah lol

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 4285

Joined: 8th Dec 2004

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

Location: ** In the Shed! **
VIC, Australia

WILDEB wrote:
purple? nah lol


I'm trying to suggest colors that will make the engine stand out in the white bay. Got any idea's?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

 

_________________

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: WILDEB
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 3374

Joined: 11th Mar 2008

Ride: EA SVO, AU2 Forte

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

i dunno. the car has red body mould striping.

 

_________________

Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6
Weekend driver: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @121mph

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 4 of 50  [ 747 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 50  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:22 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names