Fordmods Logo

XR-Lane's White ED (Pulled the Head off) 

 

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: XR-Lane's White ED (Pulled the Head off)
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:29 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

Hello and welcome fellow falcon enthauists. I had been a member a long time ago but i had to sign up again because i havent been on for a while. But ive been getting back into looking around at all the threads for the past month or so now and ive been inspired to start doing a few things to my white 93 ed gli, the car belonged to my grandpa (R.I.P) and he had it from new. the car is in very good order the only thing i have done is add a set of advance extractors i got from the local wreckers for $100 in good nick witch is when i noticed the head gasket is weeping some coolent, the car has done 230,000 ks and the head has never been off. im going to take the the head off in january send it away to get tested and shaved if needed and while its off im going to upgrade the cam and do little things like change welsh plugs ect. i have read benj's thread on his red eb and he has given me a lot of ideas thanks benj!

things i am aiming to do with the ed are

extirier
add el mirrors and door handles au side indicators and sprint kit

interior
au centre console, el door trims, el front seats only (i like my woolen seat covers so i dont need to worry about the back)and trip computer

mechanical
t5 conversion, el injection manifold with el ecu and ef cluster (if anyone has dont this manifold change i would love to hear about it )

Anyways ive taken some pics at the last second ill post some more once i have done my first mod (au centre console ill do a short doco since i have not seen one yet) in a few weeks. cheers!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Last edited by XR-Lane on Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 632

Joined: 9th Jun 2007

Gallery: 7 images

Location: Rockingham
WA, Australia

isnt that an eb? i thought ed's came with colour coded handles

 

_________________

BA Fairmont Ghia
Optioned.
V8.
Superlows.
18's

Alot to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:14 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

yes mate it is an ed this is my second one and my first one had the same door handles and it was a 94 gli model i think the futrua onwards had colour coded but colour coded handles wernt standerd on the base model till the ef i belive same as things like drivers side airbag

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 993

Joined: 26th Sep 2007

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

correct the base model didnt get colour matched door handles..

Nice ed very tidy!

 

_________________

ED Fairmont Barra 190rwkw 4.10 Gears 3500 Stall 1/4 to come

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:26 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

edfairmont4.0 wrote:
correct the base model didnt get colour matched door handles..

Nice ed very tidy!


Thanks mate i hope to turn it into something special

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 824

Joined: 10th May 2007

Ride: Xr6 Turbo

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

good base to start with an colour being white. can paint alot of things yourself with a good colour match.

 

_________________


Previous cars


1995 ef futura - nothing special
2003 xr6 turbo 5 -speed 307rwkw

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

lil_lincoln wrote:
good base to start with an colour being white. can paint alot of things yourself with a good colour match.


Cheers mate! Nice to get some good comments. While im here does anyone know what a fair price for an au centre console would be, I live in the adelaide hills and we only have one local wrecker he said he would sell me one for $65 with the surround that goes over the auto if its to dear i can always go down the freeway ill make some calls tomorrow to othe wreckers down town

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 5582

Joined: 20th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

Location: Seven Hills, Sydney
NSW, Australia

Hey Josh. That really does look like a great beginning of work of art.

I look forward to your progress.

Cheers
BenJ

 

_________________

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:16 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 916

Joined: 7th Oct 2007

Ride: Ford Ed

Location: Edwardstown, Adelaide
SA, Australia

joshie007 wrote:
lil_lincoln wrote:
good base to start with an colour being white. can paint alot of things yourself with a good colour match.


Cheers mate! Nice to get some good comments. While im here does anyone know what a fair price for an au centre console would be, I live in the adelaide hills and we only have one local wrecker he said he would sell me one for $65 with the surround that goes over the auto if its to dear i can always go down the freeway ill make some calls tomorrow to othe wreckers down town

I got mine for about $50 from all panal and parts. lonsdale..

 

_________________

Adelaide E Series

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:22 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Hey Josh. That really does look like a great beginning of work of art.

I look forward to your progress.

Cheers
BenJ


Thanks mate!

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:29 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

Ford-sxr6 wrote:
joshie007 wrote:
lil_lincoln wrote:
good base to start with an colour being white. can paint alot of things yourself with a good colour match.


Cheers mate! Nice to get some good comments. While im here does anyone know what a fair price for an au centre console would be, I live in the adelaide hills and we only have one local wrecker he said he would sell me one for $65 with the surround that goes over the auto if its to dear i can always go down the freeway ill make some calls tomorrow to othe wreckers down town

I got mine for about $50 from all panal and parts. lonsdale..


Thanks for the reply it might be worth the extra 15 bucks so i dont have to drive down town lol

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 2091

Joined: 3rd Apr 2008

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Car looks nice and clean.

U pull it, at Lonsdale and at Elizabeth, have heaps of parts for boxcars and ef/el's. Cheap as too, check it out. Have to remove it yourself obviously.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:34 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 916

Joined: 7th Oct 2007

Ride: Ford Ed

Location: Edwardstown, Adelaide
SA, Australia

joshie007 wrote:
Ford-sxr6 wrote:
joshie007 wrote:
lil_lincoln wrote:
good base to start with an colour being white. can paint alot of things yourself with a good colour match.


Cheers mate! Nice to get some good comments. While im here does anyone know what a fair price for an au centre console would be, I live in the adelaide hills and we only have one local wrecker he said he would sell me one for $65 with the surround that goes over the auto if its to dear i can always go down the freeway ill make some calls tomorrow to othe wreckers down town

I got mine for about $50 from all panal and parts. lonsdale..


Thanks for the reply it might be worth the extra 15 bucks so i dont have to drive down town lol


Yea and prob save money as well Wat area ya in?

 

_________________

Adelaide E Series

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:01 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

Ford-sxr6 wrote:
joshie007 wrote:
Ford-sxr6 wrote:
joshie007 wrote:
lil_lincoln wrote:
good base to start with an colour being white. can paint alot of things yourself with a good colour match.


Cheers mate! Nice to get some good comments. While im here does anyone know what a fair price for an au centre console would be, I live in the adelaide hills and we only have one local wrecker he said he would sell me one for $65 with the surround that goes over the auto if its to dear i can always go down the freeway ill make some calls tomorrow to othe wreckers down town

I got mine for about $50 from all panal and parts. lonsdale..


Thanks for the reply it might be worth the extra 15 bucks so i dont have to drive down town lol


Yea and prob save money as well Wat area ya in?


Mount barker mate.

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:04 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 3045

Joined: 26th Nov 2008

Ride: 1975 XB Falcon 500

Location: In the drivers seat
SA, Australia

dan1_721 wrote:
Car looks nice and clean.

U pull it, at Lonsdale and at Elizabeth, have heaps of parts for boxcars and ef/el's. Cheap as too, check it out. Have to remove it yourself obviously.



Thanks for the reply, yes it is good at u pull it i used to go down there when i was living that way but now im in barker its a bit hard to find time to get down there

 

_________________

Image
http://www.facebook.com/Ford1975

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:56 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names