Fordmods Logo

xr6 engine conversion into my eb. 

Page 34 of 42 [ 626 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

That was much easyer to do than mod the eb washer bottle.. I also used the same bracket for the thermo fan, I ended up going from the 2bolts that hold the radiator on, to the mounting holes on the thermo fan. For the bottom i drilled 2small holes in the peice that the radiator sits on, and screwed a bracket on both sides, so i have 4brackets, 2top and 2bottom holding the thermo fan in.. Il get sum pictures of that when the weather clears up.

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well abit off playing around with my speedo and still no good, after abit of reading im kinda getting an idea of how it work, should the speedo cog get its power from the pcm then the 3rd wire hooks up2 the speedo dial?

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well i finnised testing my wires and im not to sure what to make of the numbers that i got. If eny1 could help me figure it out would be great? I have the white wire on the eb loom as the wire that works the speedo needle, Im also getting 5vlts at the pcm b7 (vss) which i have hooked upto the speedo needles white wire. Am i spoze to be getting a voltage to the wire that hooks upto the white wire? I thort it only sent volts thru the white wire when the speedo cog starts to turn and there for makes the speedo needle turn aswell.. So to speak. The car sounds good when its in park or neutral, but as soon as i put it in drive or reverse the rmp dies down abit and it sounds rough.

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

im trying to figure out ways to test the speedo as i need a multimeter and test light to see whats going on with my wires and volts and i cant test and drive at the same time. I dont realy want to jack the back of the car up onto jack stands and put it in gear, then stand around the front of the car to test eather, I dont feel like runnig my self over today... hahaha, fathers day and all.

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:35 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
well abit off playing around with my speedo and still no good, after abit of reading im kinda getting an idea of how it work, should the speedo cog get its power from the pcm then the 3rd wire hooks up2 the speedo dial?

looking at the GLi/S etc [not fairmont etc] speedo ... it shows power coming from the instrument fuse straight to dial. not sure on wire color tho & only two wires from sender connect to dial

jumpingjak wrote:
well i finnised testing my wires and im not to sure what to make of the numbers that i got. If eny1 could help me figure it out would be great? I have the white wire on the eb loom as the wire that works the speedo needle, Im also getting 5vlts at the pcm b7 (vss) which i have hooked upto the speedo needles white wire. Am i spoze to be getting a voltage to the wire that hooks upto the white wire? I thort it only sent volts thru the white wire when the speedo cog starts to turn and there for makes the speedo needle turn aswell.. So to speak. The car sounds good when its in park or neutral, but as soon as i put it in drive or reverse the rmp dies down abit and it sounds rough.

i'm thinkin the red is power to sender & white is return? but not able to verify that :roll: 3rd wire is signal earth so pcm is not involved. re motor ruff -sounds like missed connecting a wire?

jumpingjak wrote:
im trying to figure out ways to test the speedo as i need a multimeter and test light to see whats going on with my wires and volts and i cant test and drive at the same time. I dont realy want to jack the back of the car up onto jack stands and put it in gear, then stand around the front of the car to test eather, I dont feel like runnig my self over today... hahaha, fathers day and all.

hook up some wiring out of the car....... :?:

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The eb gearbox loom plug, ie the big rectangle one I figured out the red is a 10v power, you must be right there i think that power is coming from the cluster pannel, when i put a load on it it drops to 5v. The white works the speedo dial, dont know if it spoze to but im reading 10v there aswell, when i put a load on it, it drops to 0v and the speedo dial flickers. there is also 2green/black wires in the same plug slot which are the earths for the speedo.. There was a spair plug on the bf loom near the plugs on the gearbox that is for a speedo sensor and thats were i pluged my speedo cog thing into and in the bf book is sez for the 3wires that one is b7(vss) 5v the other one is a36, 5v and the last is a32, earth

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:27 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Im using the eb for now but am planing to put in the bf cluster pannel. to morrow is my last day of rego :( I think ima gunna have to jack the back of the car up so the gearbox can turn, to see if i get a voltage change at the pcm b7(vss) as far as i can see it should work unless im getting no voltage change on my vss wire when the speedo cog turns. I was also hoping that once i put in the bf cluster pannel and plug up the can hi/low it will give me my speedo dial and tacho dial, not to sure tho.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:27 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yes that sounds about right to me to man :( .. I know the white wire is the input signal wire for the dial but im not sure why the pcm b7 is not sending an input signal thru the white wire to the dial, every thing i have read sez that the pcm b7(vss) is the output wire. In the bf work books wiring it recons that b7 gose straight to the speedo cog :( im confused.. I spoze 1thing had to kick my arss tho ay, every thing else went reasonably well except this last peice of the puzzle. do you think id be better of forgetting it and just hooking up the bf cluster pannel? might take me 3hrs to set all that up, I have about 6hr at the most then no pinky today and car is outa rego 2night :( to mod the bf cluster in i just need sum mdf board, cut it up to shape. I have a spaire eb cluster plug to make an addaptor plug and wires to wire it up.

Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

for the moment forget about using the BF to run speedo ... connect as per EB. the BF uses 'rings' at the rear wheels [not sure which one] to workout the speed, so presuming the input from the gearbox 'may' be 'turned off' :?: in pcm ... someone who knows around a pcm can verify yea or nay.

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ahhh yes i know the rings you are talking about. I think it uses all 4wheels to do the speedo on the bf. accourding to the book anyway. When i got the pcm reprogramed the guy turned off the abs and i also told him i was useing the bf gearbox aswell. I got a error reeading thingy yesterday so il try and hook it up and see if a can read any errors. As i was saying be4, for the eb side of the loom and just the speedo side of it aswell. I have at the speedo cog 3wires, red,white and black. at the plug in the engine bay is the same but the black wire turns into 2green/black. because the red and green/black are not hooked upto anything, do i need to hook them up aswell or is it just the white wire i worry about focusing on

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Im also starting to think because im getting 5v at the b7vss and 9to10v at the red and white wire maybe the b7vss in being blocked out by the higher voltage. when i put the test light on the white wire the light dose not light up and the voltage drops to .3v. With the red its holding 9v i think and the test light lights up alittle bit and the voltage drops to about 5v..

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

you are going to have major issues getting a correct speed signal to the BF PCM ..

does the BF PCM have a specific pin it takes the speed signal from? or does it get its speed from the ABS module via the data bus? i have no idea, but these are the sorts of questions u should be asking ..

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The abs has been turned off. Yes the bf dose have speed signal pin which is pcm plug b7(vss) and it also has the a plug down near the gearbox to plug a speedo cog thing into.. I got it reprogramed from the same guys that benj or was it granny falcon, not sure now but they mentiond to me joe at cresent motor sport, I think it was.. he sed he turned off all the bs stuff like abs, the command center thing, anti theft stuff... Also in granny falcons thread they mention dropping the speedo power source down to about 5v into b7 vss, then sez the pcm needs a speed input, use the white wire from the eb gearbox connector, run that to the bf pcm connector and looping it back to the eb connector... I kind of dont under stand what he means.

Sort by  
 Page 34 of 42  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next