Fordmods Logo

xr6 engine conversion into my eb. 

Page 38 of 42 [ 626 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post subject: Re: xr6 engine conversion into my eb.
Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

hahahaha fkn hahahaha..... after all them months and looking at my loom it ended up being one of the 4 fuses that i added onto the loom.. I put them all as 20amp fuses and 1of them needed to be 30amp.. So what was happening was.. There are about 3pins on the B-plug that have power running to them and 1pin did not have power so the pcm was only half powering up and the throttle body take alot of power so it was not fully activating the guys sed.. but all is good now... Im going to put my loom back in and plug every thing back up and crank it over.. After that i still need to sort out my speedo(so it want go into that limp mode thing), tacho, oil pressure.. Plus the other things like the middle consol, instument cluster and so couple of other odds and ends..

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:41 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
hahahaha fkn hahahaha..... after all them months and looking at my loom it ended up being one of the 4 fuses that i added onto the loom.. I put them all as 20amp fuses and 1of them needed to be 30amp.. So what was happening was.. There are about 3pins on the B-plug that have power running to them and 1pin did not have power so the pcm was only half powering up and the throttle body take alot of power so it was not fully activating the guys sed.. but all is good now... Im going to put my loom back in and plug every thing back up and crank it over.. After that i still need to sort out my speedo(so it want go into that limp mode thing), tacho, oil pressure.. Plus the other things like the middle consol, instument cluster and so couple of other odds and ends..

that's F**k goood to hear maate :shock: .... now for sum fun :lol: .. keep up the goood work tho!

Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I got every thing back to were i was be4 my fuse blew, I started it up aswell. it only ran ok.. I think i still have a couple of small problems. I noticed on the diagnostic tool it sez there is no speedo or tacho reading, I have not hooked them up yet because thats were im up to now. I understand that the speedo needs to be hooked up so the pcm dose not go in to limp mode but what about the tacho? I noticed when i started the car it was running abit rich also when i rev it, it seems to take alittle bit of time to come back to idle.

Posted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hmmm my 1st propper attempt at the speedo and tacho failed.. Im not to sure of how to hook them up. It seems they have 3wires, 1poss, 1neg, and 1is a signal. My 1st attemp i tryed to splice the singal wire into the 1st injector but the tachometer did nothing. Now im thinking the crank shaft sensor may be better to splice into, as for the speedo, the info i have read i get the impression that because i have had the abs dissabled the pcm will read the speedo cog instead of going off the abs. I was just going to wire it up the way the book sez to for the 4speed gearbox wireing page.. it has a wiring diagram for the speedo cog there, it recons that b7 gose to the speedo cog as a 5v reff, then another wire gose to a32 as a earth, then the last wire gose to a36 as a 5v reff. any help would be good as these are the last 2thing i need to wire up to make the car run properly.

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hmm i have had 3 attemts at my speedo now and still no good. i figured out what wires work the speedometer and also think i figured out how the speedo cog wires upto the pcm. Im only getting 0.012v off the signal wire as the cog turns. I also noticed that the possitive and negative of the speedo cog when i checked for voltage i had 5v on the positive side of the cog but when i check for a neg voltage on the negative side of the cog there was no voltage there? im woundering if voltage is passing thru the speedo cog to activate it. or i did not line up the cog on the gearbox shaft with the speedo cog and its not turning at all. that will suck. Also the pcm vss b7, is that ment to have a input or out put signal?

Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:37 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
hmmm my 1st propper attempt at the speedo and tacho failed.. Im not to sure of how to hook them up. It seems they have 3wires, 1poss, 1neg, and 1is a signal. My 1st attemp i tryed to splice the singal wire into the 1st injector but the tachometer did nothing. Now im thinking the crank shaft sensor may be better to splice into, as for the speedo, the info i have read i get the impression that because i have had the abs dissabled the pcm will read the speedo cog instead of going off the abs. I was just going to wire it up the way the book sez to for the 4speed gearbox wireing page.. it has a wiring diagram for the speedo cog there, it recons that b7 gose to the speedo cog as a 5v reff, then another wire gose to a32 as a earth, then the last wire gose to a36 as a 5v reff. any help would be good as these are the last 2thing i need to wire up to make the car run properly.

tacho i believe needs an adapter & believe a member on here can help ... but i have forgotten their name :lol: :roll:

jumpingjak wrote:
Hmm i have had 3 attemts at my speedo now and still no good. i figured out what wires work the speedometer and also think i figured out how the speedo cog wires upto the pcm. Im only getting 0.012v off the signal wire as the cog turns. I also noticed that the possitive and negative of the speedo cog when i checked for voltage i had 5v on the positive side of the cog but when i check for a neg voltage on the negative side of the cog there was no voltage there? im woundering if voltage is passing thru the speedo cog to activate it. or i did not line up the cog on the gearbox shaft with the speedo cog and its not turning at all. that will suck. Also the pcm vss b7, is that ment to have a input or out put signal?

have been looking at the BA/BF wiring pics i have here & thought i would verify what wire colors used. . . .... seem ta have two greys & a brown/white so that's not gunna help you ! ... or me :roll: [on me wiring loom].

is the A36 voltage out with A32 as 5v earth & B07 as a frame earth? [i know it says ABS_VSS] or is B07 the actual speedo signal??

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I have the same in my diagram.. Im just guessing here.. I think a36 and a32 activate the speedo cog with the 5v and the 3rd speedo cog wire hooks up to b7. So as the speedo cog turns and makes a voltage, it sends that signal thru b7vss to tell the pcm how fast the car is going. When it is set up for abs i think the signal from the abs sensor gose thru b7 and tells the pcm how fast the car is going. then the pcm sends that info thru the (CAN hi) and (CAN low) into the instument cluster and makes the speedometer work. Im guessing it works that way for me, exept instead of the abs sensor sending the signal, the speedo cog is? Thats all a big guess on my behalf...????

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:58 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
I have the same in my diagram.. Im just guessing here.. I think a36 and a32 activate the speedo cog with the 5v and the 3rd speedo cog wire hooks up to b7. So as the speedo cog turns and makes a voltage, it sends that signal thru b7vss to tell the pcm how fast the car is going. When it is set up for abs i think the signal from the abs sensor gose thru b7 and tells the pcm how fast the car is going. then the pcm sends that info thru the (CAN hi) and (CAN low) into the instument cluster and makes the speedometer work. Im guessing it works that way for me, exept instead of the abs sensor sending the signal, the speedo cog is? Thats all a big guess on my behalf...????

speedo doesn't make a 'voltage' ... it 'adjusts' it [i believe ... Ted may say dif.] the pic i see of it [what we mentioned] shows A36 & A32 connected to a coil. but how B07 hooks up .... dunno & i had a quickish look at a speedo drive . . . yeah i don't really wanna cut it up. & think [?] the speedo is taken from the rear sensors [?] which goes thru the ABS/DSC module then via can hi/lo to cluster?

kinda wondering if the pcm must be told not to use abs or not?

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

il take a pic of my page and put it up, because it recons b07 hooks upto one of the speedo wires.. I read sum were that once the abs has been dissabled the pcm will try and go off a speedo drive.

Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

this is the bf wireing diagram.

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Hey jumpingjak, when you got the pcm done did you get him to change speedo setting from ABS to VSS otherwise it won't work, as for the tacho you need a tacho module - talk to muzza on this forum, cheers Johnny.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hmmm il have to check that out, im not sure if the guy changed it to vss. I just guessed he did seems he disabled the abs. Also i dont know if it means its set for vss but i do get 5v on a36 and when i jack the back of the car up and make the engine turn the tyres i only get 0.10v on speed cog sensor (2)wire to b7. would it be better just to hook up the bf cluster pannel. The pcm is reading the cars rpm so im guessing if i hook up the bf cluster, the can hi, can low. will the pcm send the rpm and speed to the dials then?

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

A36 is a five volt reference, A32 is the signal ground, b7 is the signal voltage, as the wheel rotates the voltage will go high then low, 5 volts zero volts. To my understanding the axel ratio, and tyre size has to be programed into the pcm as well. Vehicle speed is output on the can line. maybe Your speedo transducer may be faulty.

Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
im not sure if the guy changed it to vss.

rod hansen wrote:
To my understanding the axel ratio, and tyre size has to be programed into the pcm as well. Vehicle speed is output on the can line.

hmmmmm .... now i may need to go back to mine & make sure as the car is not here so i can check it out :|

Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well i went a head and took the speed sender unit thing from the gearbox and took it to my shed to plug it up to my power supply, i set it to 5v and pluged my multimeter on it aswell, it seems to work like a on off switch as you turn the cog. The cog turns and as it turns it must hit little connetions. at certain points of its rotation the switchs open then close ofter abit more rotation, giving me 0v then 5v. My problem is im getting 0v then 0.4v,(not 5v).. I pushed down on the 3wires coming out of the sender unit and i got 4v and when i let it go it went back to 0.4v. So looks like i need another speed sender unit. :shock:

Sort by  
 Page 38 of 42  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next