Yeehaw's AU2 Tickford Fairmont V8 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: Yeehaw's AU2 Tickford Fairmont V8
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: Au2 Fairmont

NSW, Australia

OK....heres the story....for all that dont know it..:)

This car was found in a state of disrepair, covered in dust and with rodents living under the bonnet in a shed on a farm about 20 kms west of Coffs Harbour.

A little old lady (seriously) owned it....she reckoned she'd barely driven it in 2 years. It's a 5 litre V8 Windsor .....and perhaps was a special order as the manual that came with the car indicates it has the 185kw HO motor (most fairmonts were given the 175 KW).

The Motor has HiTech headers, single 2 1/2 inch Redback catback exhaust with a small 8 inch resonator. An SS inductions Big mouth gulps in the O2, with the manditory K&N filtre keeping out the nasties.

Manifold, Throttle body and and other bits have been painted, and the "5 litre' engine plate chromed.

The car sits on lowered GSR struts (Tickford suspension on the plate) and 17 inch Tickford Rims.

The colour.....silhouette black on the outside, black on black trim on the inside, with the tortoise shell fairmont computer.

Goes reasonable well for a fairly stock car.....and the sound????....Heres a couple of clips.....speakers or headphones with decent Bass required for the full effect..:)

If the vids dont work see uniacidz post below for links :)

and another......

And finally.....

Since i got it the car has featured in the reader rides section of Unique cars (won me some nice sidchrome spanners!!), and has turned a bucket load of heads when i pull up at the garage.......it seems strange to have an exhaust note like that coming out of an AU shaped car that isnt an XR8 or a T series....

Repairs? ....Had to do brakes (discs and pads all round) Timing cover gasget, new timing chain, engine mounts (oh that was fun!!....motor out), serviced auto and engine, got rid of the dreaded 'Tickford Tick', and a few other odd jobs here and there.

So.....future plans?? Honestly not alot....Was going to experiment with Hooker Muffler mabye...perhaps way down the line a little vortec forced induction might be nice.....but right now i just wanna drive it.:)

Cheers

Last edited by yeehaw on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Yeehaw's AU2 Tickford Fairmont V8
Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:03 am 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

Far be it from me to draw attention to me or my car but........

Just bought the latest copy of Street Machine Magazine (December 2012), the undisputed bible of modified cars. Was flicking through...got to page 160 in the 'reader rockets' section, and there it was, right at the top, reader rocket number 8....My Car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheeky buggers published it without letting me know!!

I sent in the pic a couple of months ago and didnt hear from them, so i thought.....oh well....and forgot about it.

My son was in the room when i found it........i stayed cool and called him over to check out the magazine.....when he found the car he damn near fell over!!!!....very very very cool moment.

Now, i know it's not a feature article but it's still cool to see yr car in print!! (albeit with a little creative editing from the publisher!!)

I'ts great to see the AU shape getting recognised more and more in car mod mags. Seems that the shape is getting cooler as it ages

Cheers all!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:01 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

nice.... 8-)

vids dont seem to be working...

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:39 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
nice.... 8-)

vids dont seem to be working...

He's usin the beta photobucket site which is heavy with java and buggy on both IE and Opera, and hell buggy. I changed back over to the standard site and works better

Direct download links.
http://i134.photobucket.com/download-al ... 010591.mp4
http://i134.photobucket.com/download-al ... ndidle.mp4
http://i134.photobucket.com/download-al ... ntrev2.mp4

Cheers thanks for that.........photobucket is offering the beta trial.....i clicked 'no'....but the links seem to be directing thru to the beta site....checked from my other laptop and worked ok (xp machine)...i'll try to fix links.....till then the links you've provided will have to do the job....cheers and thanx for that..:)

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

OK....redid video links....hopefully that will work.....BTW,....heres the Street Machine article....small but cool none the less.. :)

Cheers!!!!!!!!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]