New Zealand

WELCOME to "A ZOMBIES TALE".

DEADALIVE

The EA .
Attachment:
Picture 039.jpg
Attachment:
Picture 058.jpg
centerpoint injection system. You can see two injectors.

EA 1990 Falcon S 5speed sedan cpi
Attachment:
Picture 054.jpg

Yeha picked up for 900 with EBGT kit. spare dash. good tyres.

I drove it home from Twin bridges through Dargaville to Ruawai passed 5 cops on the way obviously cars of this caliber are the norm and dont arrouse suspision. I know I would have begun a presuit and possible chase

Yeah the rest of the kit is not on it yet. Basicly I have a Tickford engine from an EL that I want to put in. Im a carpainter by trade so I plan on a colour change and fitting the rest of the gt kit maybe without the guard flares. Mags. Exhaust upgrade. Tints. suspension upgrade. Interior upgrade.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by DEADALIVE on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: "A ZOMBIES TALE"
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:09 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EFll FALCON

New Zealand

Well after days looking at EL loom of thinking how the f**k is this going to work..can I use it to my advantage, get an EL dash and hook it all up like everone else? or just stay with the original plan of just converting the engine. f**k it looks like the only way for me to go about geting anywhere in the understanding of how it will actually work looks to be by pulling the engine out.

"No amount of reading will compare to getting your hands dirty me thinks."

Attachment:
Picture 056.jpg

I had the ELxr6 engine and auto delivered from a wreckers in Palmy with ecu loom radiator+ fans ignition switch/key and blue box(maybe smartlock) and I asked for "all" sensors and crap but they were cut off by "the boy". Included but has been lost in post was the tickford speedo cluster which would have been a bonus, hopefuly it turns up? It did.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by DEADALIVE on Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:42 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: 1993 EBll xr6, 2003 ba xt

Power: 150 rwkw

SA, Australia

more photos...:)

Owning 1 of 84,847 ebII.
2x clarion subs 1200w, 1x clarion amp 400w, pioneer headunit, 16x8 roh reflex.
Clear side, front indicators, White dials, trip computer, boot spoiler, K & N air filter.
35% tint, paint code (z) stark white, 3" crome nudge bar, Xh snorkle

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:13 am 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Attachment:
Picture 052.jpg
Results from testing uv's in New Zealand. I did get a mint spare with the car.

So basicly the interior has had its day and thing could do with a freshen up. I will paint the new dash pad a chosen colour pending the exterior. Seats will either be retrimed or replaced with some sort. Door trims ??? I see it has some pods for some speakers so I might look at refurbishing them some how.

Attachment:
Picture 050.jpg
Ea bumper supports made of plastic/fiberglass. Nice way of saving weight I guess. I was suprised to see it after working on alot of cars and only finding heavy iron reinforcing but alloy being the exception on some late model euros.

Attachment:
Picture 053.jpg

This is the loom I was talking about in previous a post.
I cant see me using this as a replacement loom for the sake of having the late model speedo cluster and a few pins and wires already in place ready for the conversion. The EL speedo could easily be jimmyed up from the EA loom but MEH! the loom and speedo came with everthing else so no $'s loss, maybe some to be made ?? xr6 Speedo anyone? BEM too. I know I will need to do some mod to get the bbm running and some electric fans but trying to work out what wire is what for everything else with no template or lables for the dash has just been a pain and pointless. coffee time!

Last edited by DEADALIVE on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Just what exactly are you trying to achieve?

You have not included much information at all about what is in your EA currently, or what you would like to do it it?

Be specific, and include details such as ECU, engine, intake type, make model etc, as it all matters.

It is possible to achieve a large variety of installations, but nothing is a simple as it seems.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:57 am 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

BenJ wrote:
Just what exactly are you trying to achieve?

You have not included much information at all about what is in your EA currently, or what you would like to do it it?

Be specific, and include details such as ECU, engine, intake type, make model etc, as it all matters.

It is possible to achieve a large variety of installations, but nothing is a simple as it seems.

Cheers
BenJ

BRAINS :twisted: LET ME EAT YOUR BRAINS :P

At the mo it is hard to say exactly where it will all end up. You know that Ben :mrgreen:

Maybe I will do the dash conversion one day down the track, it looks good I like wat you have done.

Thanks for stopping in.

Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Today I waterblasted the under carrige and found quite alot of dirt and under that some surface rust. Woo :( Lucky its not pitting ! I will sand and treat with rust converter then apply some underbody sealer or stone guard on the floor pan and chassis.

On the brighter I have made some purchases lately, A set of BA lights for bling fo sho! and some bilstien rear shocks!!!!

I looked around for the best way to mount the rear gt bumper bar on the car,the side mounts have me a bit puzzled. Any one with some experience could you shead some light on that. I was thinking of fibrglassing some bolts to the bumper???

Last edited by DEADALIVE on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Zombies EA Falcon
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:28 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Im currently helping a friend redsign his mitsi lancer. We have taken the roof off because of rust. His front bar is looking pretty sad and the boot too. some pics up soon if anyones interested. Wont be any pics now the roof is on. front bumper is going to be fiberglassed but its not that interesting now that I think about it.

Last edited by DEADALIVE on Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: ZOMBIES EA FALCON
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EA Falcon

New Zealand

gidday mate, i have a cpi EA as well in need of a repower its slowly giving up the ghost. Did you end up using the ECU and loom from the xr6 engine to get the bbm going? what about the dizzy? Cheers mate

Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:04 am 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

the-garage-f53/benj-s-eb-t5-ghia-wagon-t71774.html

Hey buddy check out the link to BenJ's build thread. He has done everything you want to do and more and documented it all.

Im still in the process of getting the 3.9 out and 4.0 in. It still runs good and you could have it for a small price if you want to stick with a 3.9 at the end of the day. I have the xr6 ecu to use but I wont be using the full loom.

All the info about the way to run the bbm(broadband manifold) from the later model engines is in Benj's thread.

If you think you might just go to a mpi set up on a 3.9 cpi there is a Techincal document in the Resources bar next to search and events on the top of the page which shows how to. Also on the home page in the list on the lefthand side is a Technical documents catergory.

Using the search bar is very helpfull if you type in (bbm) or (cpi) but im sure you will now how to use a search bar. But as I said Benj has nearly every mod option covered and doesnt seem to mind anyone sending him a personal message asking for more details.

My advice is take your time and make sure you understand everything you need to get and do.

Happy reading

Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

Ahhh what great therapy it is to be working under the hood....
The skinned knuckles.
The grease.
The smell of petrol.
The crescendos of annoyance frustration and pain.
8-)

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:03 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

New Zealand

This car is most likely going to the scrap yard as well as this thread. Looks as though its been a beach hack looking at all the rust on the brakelines+undercarrage.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ]