Fordmods Logo

Cappa gear shifter with leather/chrome button! 

Page 2 of 3 [ 31 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:22 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: fairmont ghia

WA, Australia

yeah myy mum had gone through 2 since she had the car from new..now ive had it for 3 months or soand now its broken again third one!!! my mates a mechanic a ford and he said he can get me a new one for 300 thats staff price... so i need one as well if any one can get one cheaper then that!!!

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:30 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: '95 EF's

WA, Australia

slycruza wrote:
yeah myy mum had gone through 2 since she had the car from new..now ive had it for 3 months or soand now its broken again third one!!! my mates a mechanic a ford and he said he can get me a new one for 300 thats staff price... so i need one as well if any one can get one cheaper then that!!!

hehe again, whats happening with the broken one? me being a scab and all, i'm interested! :P

R.I.P. Scotty

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

xr8 dismantler wrote:
Daniel give me a call and i will get you a good price. if you can call it that these things are a bloody rip off and the plastic is crap!
i think the last time i got a price it was around the $300 mark

Is that new or s/h?

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

slycruza wrote:
yeah myy mum had gone through 2 since she had the car from new..now ive had it for 3 months or soand now its broken again third one!!! !

Lol, what rubbish! You guys are seriously willing to pay $300+ for a shifter knob that has a history of breaking?!?!?!? Your dedication is commendable!!

Why they break so often? My pov pack futura one going on 10yrs next month....

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
slycruza wrote:
yeah myy mum had gone through 2 since she had the car from new..now ive had it for 3 months or soand now its broken again third one!!! !

Lol, what rubbish! You guys are seriously willing to pay $300+ for a shifter knob that has a history of breaking?!?!?!? Your dedication is commendable!!

Well thats just it - the pov ones DONT have the problem with breaking, its rediculous and they charge a fkn mint for new ones!
The higher ones with the chrome button is the problem, the chrome plating of the button makes the plastic very brittle and eventually it breaks within the shifter handle making it v hard to fix as you cant open the handle due to the stiched leather!
Im not willing to pay anything to be honest, but thing is i wish to keep the original bits on my FBT, im not gonna put a cheap 40 dollar one on it - no way around it, i gotta pay to have the real deal.
Atmo im using the shifter off my sportsman, doesnt feel nearly as nice but at least it feel like i can kick the fkn thing without it breaking :evil: lol

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:

I am wondering the same thing... Daniel what happens to em?

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Happy wrote:
4.9 EF Futura wrote:

I am wondering the same thing... Daniel what happens to em?
lol, ur post was 1 min too late, muahaha! :wink:

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

Yeah i see what you mean about keeping it O.G. Ford, especially with something special like an FBT, even an NL/DL worth keeping genuine.

Lol, i'd be tempted to by the new one, put it in the glovebox and put it on at shows/meets/when you sell it.... doesnt sound like the chrome up to the task of daily driving!!!

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:17 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: fairmont ghia

WA, Australia

thats what happens when u get the top of the range s**t brakes and cost a furtune..U not what else i had to replace the plastic swith to turn the lights on snapped.. the normal falcon grey is only like 5 bucks or so..Cause mines the cap interior they wonted 20 odd bucks for the same fkn switch but diff colour!! :evil: Yeah the plastic chrome button is what keeps on braken and 300 bucks is brand new from ford at mates rates!!

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well I dunno in what condition they come brand new, but mine when i got it was a little loose and i didnt think it would last toooo long before it broke.
Then the other day i was taking it off to get under the console n forgot to be a bit more careful (ie: used to the cheap one you can just rip off lol) and *snap* there is fell!
I will go new, i really dont want s/h just for the fact of them being fragile and the shifter "was" the only bit of worn (altho barely) leather in my car lol. :)

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Daniel thats for a new genuine one.
we can also do the leather ones without the chrome button.
these are about $120

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:54 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xr8 dismantler wrote:
Daniel thats for a new genuine one.
we can also do the leather ones without the chrome button.
these are about $120

I will proberly be in touch in the not to distant future then :)

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 2004 Mazda Tribute

After having to pull my handbrake out to fix the button actuation, I found that the leather cover actually can be taken off, and the standard handbrake is underneath.

If you ever willing to use a donor handbrake for parts, you might be able to transfer the high series bits to a standard handbrake, (button, and leather covering)

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

96ghia wrote:
After having to pull my handbrake out to fix the button actuation, I found that the leather cover actually can be taken off, and the standard handbrake is underneath.

If you ever willing to use a donor handbrake for parts, you might be able to transfer the high series bits to a standard handbrake, (button, and leather covering)

Handbrake?
Did I miss something?

Posted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR8, XD Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

96ghia wrote:

have you been painting in confind spaces??? :lol:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next