Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Disc Bake 9Inch to chop up and put in an EF
Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

As the above says, I am after a 9Inch disc brake rear end in AU offset to fit to the EF. I have rung around and was quite surprised at the cost of this conversion, it has added another 1/4 to the price for the install for the 427. Any help in the Sydney area please guys
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Post subject: Re: Disc Bake 9Inch to chop up and put in an EF
Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
As the above says, I am after a 9Inch disc brake rear end in AU offset to fit to the EF. I have rung around and was quite surprised at the cost of this conversion, it has added another 1/4 to the price for the install for the 427. Any help in the Sydney area please guys
Brett

stya away from the early ford nine inch disc brake rear ends axles are a problem

the disc brake ,calipers ,axles and bearings are junkers

i do nine inch converiosn , but it seems ur after something on the cheap

" 9Inch disc brake rear end in AU offset to fit to the EF" could you please explain this comment with more detail

just a few questions what spline 28 or 31 spline axles ???

If you are planning on fitting this into a EF how im understanding use you EF housing and axles which are the same spline as the 28 spline axles found in the ford nine inch that way you retain the same brake setup and the abs sensors and so on

its just a matter of finding a nine inch housing ( nine housing alone sell for about $80 to $150 at the wreckers around my area ) and having the differential guys out in you area using there JIG and mandrel to align it up and do a several welds and you have ur nine inch conversion

the axles in ur EF should measure around 32 inches long and 28 inches long for the short side there is a 1 inch gap between the axles where the diff pinion sits seperating the axles on the inside so the total lenght of you diff sould be axle flange to axle flange is 61 inches long

if you need more info let me know will asist as much as i can

but you should be able to save quite a few dollars here doing it this way

and the axles in you car are stronger than ford XB XC disc brake nine inch versions

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Thanks FPV, the reason i am after AU offset is so that i can delete the Hub Adapters i am currently running( am using S1 XR8 17's). The adapters are 40mm each side, and this will then be engineered along with the rest of the mods. I am not really after it on the cheap, but have been quoted upwards of 5k for a 31spline nodular iron spool 9in. This included Disc brake rear end, and ABS sensors from my original borg warner.
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

TerroristGHIA wrote:
Thanks FPV, the reason i am after AU offset is so that i can delete the Hub Adapters i am currently running( am using S1 XR8 17's). The adapters are 40mm each side, and this will then be engineered along with the rest of the mods. I am not really after it on the cheap, but have been quoted upwards of 5k for a 31spline nodular iron spool 9in. This included Disc brake rear end, and ABS sensors from my original borg warner.
Brett

OK , how long is a AU diff axle to axle ??

nodular ford case or aftermarket nodular cases and full spool 31 billet axles will add up a few dollars

that explains why its so expensive

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]