Fordmods Logo

ef air box 

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Post subject: ef air box
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

VIC, Australia

looking for top and bottom pieces of the ef airbox as i have the el and am putting a 3inch stainless intake on it to match as the size of the top of the el box i only about 2.5 inch and ef is bigger

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I have an EL airbox lid and a 3" pipe running to a pod

Just chop out the inside of the outlet. Theres a rubber bit that allows the el intake to slot in. Just cut out that bit, and a 3" pipe will be a tight but perfect fit....

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ok cool ill give that a go first if no luck ill garb that off your hands

EL Fairmont - GT steering wheel -3.45 lsd - superlows - white line sway bars - xr kit - au11 xr8 engine - 3500 convertor -BA XR8 leather interior - ltd woodgrain - di filippo extractors - trick flow track heat manifold - tfs1 camshaft - twin 2.5 inch system venom cats hooker mufflers - 187rwk

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

VIC, Australia

ive got a few siting in the garage i'm more than happy to part with.

cheers

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

stoj79 wrote:
ok cool ill give that a go first if no luck ill garb that off your hands

lol its not for sale, just showing you how to do it.

It is a bit of mucking round, as just when you think youve chopped out enough, theres a stubborn piece of rubber stopping the pipe going in, but it works out in the end !!!

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ahh k yeh also ive herd weither its just forum talk or not but the ef lid flows better than the el because or the added pipe inside the lid center the air better or somethign as mines just a plain normal lid

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Heres a pic of my old outlet from the EF lid i had. As you can see, while the outlet accepts a 3" pipe, it abruptly narrows down, defeating the purpose of fitting the larger pipe.

The best flow you can get is by getting a 3" pipe through all the way, and ive found with the EL lid its easy once you gut the outlet

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

so what ur sayign is with the intake pipe go right through halfway down tht einternal of the box as the standard pipe is if so onyl problem is my 3inch intake pipe only goes up to box well there a peiece about 100m long put that through from the inside then it petrodes the other side by 80-90mm or so then i have the other peice join with a joiner down the bootm one or those blue turbo joiner things

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Sorry dude youve lost me !!!!!

But i assume youre worried the pipe wont go to the middle like the standard ef pipe...... i wouldnt worry about that

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

sorry champ yeh that what i was saying but yeh wednesday the peiec comes back from the chromers and ill seeif i can have a polay and gut the top box and see how it goes from there ill post up a pick show u how it comes up

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

seriously, if your running the pipe through the back of the box, just get rid of that piece all together and sit the pipe into the hole, there is only a couple of mm clearance and it also gives you more play so the intake sits lower and increases the amount of clearance with the bonnet which i know alot of people have issues with...

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeh was just thinking that ill have a play wednesday when iget the intake piece back and have a play with it

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 02 xls ute 347

SA, Australia

i have EF ONE

02 series 3 AU marline ute 5speed 347 stroker

Post subject: installed intake
Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

all good and took about 5 minutes, basically took the squareclamp onthe end on the intake box off and the pipe fit perfect so here u go

Attachments:
Picture 046.jpg
Picture 046.jpg [ 533.84 KiB | Viewed 108 times ]

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 14 posts ]