Fordmods Logo

EL FAIRMONT GHIA - STOCK STANDARD CD STACKER 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: EL FAIRMONT GHIA - STOCK STANDARD CD STACKER
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 157

Joined: 20th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 2008 BF MKII SR

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Hey :-)

I am seeking the stock standard 6 x CD stacker that was shipped with the 1998 EL Fairmont Ghia.

My CD stacker was stolen several months ago, all that is left are 2 x bent/buckled mounting brackets and bare wires [as illustrated in the attached photo's].

If I was to purchase the stacker I would require all associated plugs/connectors etc.

Thank you for reading! :-)

 

 

Attachments:
File comment: The Remains of My CD Stacker
cdstacker.jpg
cdstacker.jpg [ 104.12 KiB | Viewed 32 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 4967

Joined: 22nd Nov 2004

Location: FAR FAR AWAY LAND
QLD, Australia

Try ABC spares at Oxley they had one from a ef a while ago

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 7:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 157

Joined: 20th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 2008 BF MKII SR

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

noisuf wrote:
Try ABC spares at Oxley they had one from a ef a while ago


Thanks Mate! I Might Just Do That! :-)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:36 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 243

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Location: Bayswater
VIC, Australia

dude i have a 10 disc from my nf fairlane, is that any use to you.

 

_________________

Pround memeber Team DYNAMIC WHITE

"NFURI8" Fairlane ghia nf2 v8.
Pacemaker p4000
El gt snorkle, K&N filter.
JVC and INFINITY audio system.
EL GT Shadow Chrome alloys


AU3 Falcon Dedicated Gas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 157

Joined: 20th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 2008 BF MKII SR

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Neal-50 wrote:
dude i have a 10 disc from my nf fairlane, is that any use to you.


I don't think it would be compatible with the wiring and EL Fairmont Ghia Premium Sound HU.

If anyone can shed any light on this subject then please do! :-)

Thanks for your help mate, very kind of you!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:42 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 243

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Location: Bayswater
VIC, Australia

i think its the same, it had the prem hu orginally. its a genuine ford/Pioneer stacker.

 

_________________

Pround memeber Team DYNAMIC WHITE

"NFURI8" Fairlane ghia nf2 v8.
Pacemaker p4000
El gt snorkle, K&N filter.
JVC and INFINITY audio system.
EL GT Shadow Chrome alloys


AU3 Falcon Dedicated Gas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 157

Joined: 20th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 2008 BF MKII SR

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Neal-50 wrote:
i think its the same, it had the prem hu orginally. its a genuine ford/Pioneer stacker.


Is there any chance you can post some photos of the wiring/connector at the rear of the unit?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:48 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 243

Joined: 9th Nov 2004

Gallery: 3 images

Location: Bayswater
VIC, Australia

should be able to do that, will be tomora though.

 

_________________

Pround memeber Team DYNAMIC WHITE

"NFURI8" Fairlane ghia nf2 v8.
Pacemaker p4000
El gt snorkle, K&N filter.
JVC and INFINITY audio system.
EL GT Shadow Chrome alloys


AU3 Falcon Dedicated Gas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 5051

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

Location: Westside
VIC, Australia

Beware mate... there are 2 model stackers. If you have a 1998 model Ghia, you might have one or the other. If you have the later model stacker (from Feb 98 build on I think), the previous model stacker wont fit.

So the EF stacker is a no go.

The brackets are different sizes and the cable ends are completely different.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6449

Joined: 11th Nov 2004

arm79 wrote:
Beware mate... there are 2 model stackers. If you have a 1998 model Ghia, you might have one or the other. If you have the later model stacker (from Feb 98 build on I think), the previous model stacker wont fit.

So the EF stacker is a no go.

The brackets are different sizes and the cable ends are completely different.



could the later head unit control the early stacker???

i have an EF one with all wiring from the head unit to the stacker.
come to think of it i have a complete EF premo setup here head unit, amp, stacker...

 

_________________

PERMANENTLY BANNED

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 9:17 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 5051

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

Location: Westside
VIC, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
arm79 wrote:
Beware mate... there are 2 model stackers. If you have a 1998 model Ghia, you might have one or the other. If you have the later model stacker (from Feb 98 build on I think), the previous model stacker wont fit.

So the EF stacker is a no go.

The brackets are different sizes and the cable ends are completely different.



could the later head unit control the early stacker???

i have an EF one with all wiring from the head unit to the stacker.
come to think of it i have a complete EF premo setup here head unit, amp, stacker...


The head unit part numbers are the same, so I would probably say yes.

If you ran the appropriate cable for the stacker and put in the right parcel shelf mounting bracket, then yes, I can see why it wont work.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: CD Stacker No Longer Required
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 35

Posts: 157

Joined: 20th Nov 2004

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: 2008 BF MKII SR

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Hey :-)

Thank you everyone for your assistance, offers and advice.

I have purchased the CD Stacker I required from a FordMods member.

Thank you again.

Regards



Anthony
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:44 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names