Fordmods Logo

save hundreds of dollars GROUP BUY aftermarket ECU ? 28/8/07 

Page 6 of 10 [ 143 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

29/8/2007

Hi

Just got of the telephone with wolf engine managment systems

the new PLUG and play FORD EF EL falcon ecu version 5 ( V500 ) ecu is coming out soon with transmission control

It is in the test stage and things look promising , two cars are driving around with the system and there both automatics.

One down fall is the tempature gauge on the dash will not work , so one has to fit a aftermarket temp gauge.

Every thing else is working.

keep you posted

OK group buy of Wolf version 5 universal kits if interetsed just list you name down

price $1650-oo including GST plus freight $10-00 australia wide

The plug and play EF EL Wolf version5 is not yet released but in the next few weeks it will be.

This ECU will give you the advantage of having full transmission control of your BTr-4 speed automatic.

I have no price at this stage for this setup but will keep you posted as information arrives.

This system will be a straight plug into your factory harness no chopping of wires.

There will be a base program supplied so the car will run straight away.

Then one can custome tune the ecu to you engine and transmission modification.

I'm sure there will be a mad rush for the EF EL plug and play ECU's so be quick when i announce they have been released.

Price still pending from manufacturer.

cheers

Starts 28/8/2007 ending 28/9/2007

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Last edited by FPV_GTp on Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:27 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

Fantastic Ivan ! I didn't know they were so close to release with the P&P loom as well as the auto controller.

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

possibly interested, keep us updated :)

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Post subject: PLUG AND PLAY EF EL with automatuc transmission control
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

skidder wrote:
possibly interested, keep us updated :)

Hi

Will keep up posted on the release of the PLUG AND PLAY EF EL with automatuc transmission control .

Cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:35 pm 

VIC, Australia

Ivan - do you have any further information on the price / availability on either of the P&P loom or the auto controller software ?

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dcstraight wrote:
Ivan - do you have any further information on the price / availability on either of the P&P loom or the auto controller software ?

Hi Steve , I will find out Friday 7th Sept and inform people how there progress is coming along.

Guys need a show of hands who is 110% ready to go with the group buy. I believe the first lot will be snapped up quickly. You will SAVE 100's of dollars if you buy through the group.

Wolf is releasing a straight plug'n'play fully programmable ECU with transmission BTr4 speed automatic control.

No need for anyone to fit the ECU to your EF or EL series vehicles . This Wolf version5000 will plug into the EF/EL ford harness.

Base programs will be also supplied so you can drive the car staright away and either use a dyno shop or DIY tune yourself.

cheers

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Quote:
Wolf is releasing a straight plug'n'play fully programmable ECU with transmission BTr4 speed automatic control.

No need for anyone to fit the ECU to your EF or EL series vehicles . This Wolf version5000 will plug into the EF/EL ford harness.

Base programs will be also supplied so you can drive the car staright away and either use a dyno shop or DIY tune yourself.

Hi

Spoke to Wolf engine management systems last night.

The Btr4 speed transmission controller side of things is nearly ready.

Been informed that there trying to sort out the shift patterns between first and second gear is very harsh . Once that is sorted out the system will be available.

With a bit of R&D from wolf I was told sometime this week.

keep you posted as the news arrives

cheers

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:42 am 

VIC, Australia

Nice one Ivan...do you know if they are going to sort out the non working temp guage issue with the plug and play loom ?

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

how about the manual guys - what's the go with plug and play there?

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I'm also running a manual so where to we stand for P&P Wolf ECU for an ED Manual??

Also - with regard to statements about "P&P ECU for EF/EL with Auto" - are you aware that the EL in fact has the same size/type of connector as EBII/ED (with all the same pinouts PLUS extras for electric fan control and knock sensor) which is DIFFERENT to the EF ECU connector and pinouts???

In other words you can plug an EL ECU straight into an ED and she'll run fine - I know this as my ED is running an EL XR6 ECU (with knock sensor wired in and working) - but that's definitely a no show with EF ECU.

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hi

mr_sperm1 and Greenmachine the manual wolf V5 plug and play are avaliable already.

The automatic control wolf V5 plug and play engine managment ECU is still being tested . It is several days away from being released. I just spoke to wolf systems on the telephone day at about 2-20pm

Prices are being finalized also. Once i have the prices i will PM people the price who is interested.

So just drop me a PM if you are interested in a system and specify your car details and transmission type.

cheers

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dcstraight wrote:
Nice one Ivan...do you know if they are going to sort out the non working temp guage issue with the plug and play loom ?

Hi

As far as the temp gauge on the dash is concerned , i believe their not going to invest any R&D in making a interface to make it work.

Wolfs explanation was it would be a costly exercise to make it work.

So a aftermarket temp gauge will have to be used for now.

cheers

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Awesome!! Thanks for that - I'll see what I can do money wise - unfortunately I might be hamstrung for a few months tho :-(

Sold the Greenmachine - now driving 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:05 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

I assume this is all related to the I6s Ivan?
Any info on whether there is a P&P loom available or in the pipeline for the V8s as well?
Car is an ED V8, manual.

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:15 pm 

VIC, Australia

FPV_GTp wrote:
Hi

As far as the temp gauge on the dash is concerned , i believe their not going to invest any R&D in making a interface to make it work.

Wolfs explanation was it would be a costly exercise to make it work.

So a aftermarket temp gauge will have to be used for now.

cheers

Seems strange - I might try and follow that one up with them...I'll post any findings :)

Vic Cruises & Events

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 10  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next