Fordmods Logo

tickford badges 

 

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

ge2589 wrote:
already tried ebay too expensive on there mate looking around 15 to 20 bucks for new or close to


you might find that pretty hard mate - most joints sell em for over $30 new....rare spare etc all for round $30-35...not like there a run of the mill product so yeh...

We just got a friend for his 18th a gold metallic Chev badge for his VY commo ute and that was $90 just for the one badge

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

mr_ratapus wrote:
why dont you steal them off my car... everyone else does!

But seriously go ebay.
where do you park it? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 66

Posts: 2548

Joined: 18th Mar 2006

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

Location: wollongong
NSW, Australia

ge2589 wrote:
already tried ebay too expensive on there mate looking around 15 to 20 bucks for new or close to
keep looking and bidding,you may get them,i got a few under 20

 

_________________

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:10 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

have you tried ford??
i got 3 of them about 9 months ago from peter warren ford for $15ea..

unless they have recently become obsolete??
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 524

Joined: 7th Oct 2007

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Fairlaine XR, ford thunderbird

Location: Cairns
QLD, Australia

troyman i wish i had ur ford dealers up here they want 40 bucks per badge why do u think im on here asking lol ford dealers rip us off here in cairns

 

_________________

Fairlaine XR, it’s the James Bond of Fords

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:13 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 324

Joined: 19th Mar 2007

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Gold Coast
QLD, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
mr_ratapus wrote:
why dont you steal them off my car... everyone else does!

But seriously go ebay.
where do you park it? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


HAHAH. i learnt my lesson. Stays in the garage now.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:05 am 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

ge2589 wrote:
troyman i wish i had ur ford dealers up here they want 40 bucks per badge why do u think im on here asking lol ford dealers rip us off here in cairns



ok fair enough..
yea there is 3 ford dealers clost to me so if one doesnt have what i ask for i got 2 more to try..

believe it or not 2 got stolen off the car 3 weeks after i got them while it was parked in a car park :evil:
they even took a chunk of paint of my passenger guard... :evil:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 524

Joined: 7th Oct 2007

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Fairlaine XR, ford thunderbird

Location: Cairns
QLD, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
ge2589 wrote:
troyman i wish i had ur ford dealers up here they want 40 bucks per badge why do u think im on here asking lol ford dealers rip us off here in cairns



ok fair enough..
yea there is 3 ford dealers clost to me so if one doesnt have what i ask for i got 2 more to try..

believe it or not 2 got stolen off the car 3 weeks after i got them while it was parked in a car park :evil:
they even took a chunk of paint of my passenger guard... :evil:


jeez mate thats sucks a** wat will u do is ur car insured

 

_________________

Fairlaine XR, it’s the James Bond of Fords

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 31

Posts: 4946

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Trik'd up EFII XR6

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

have u hit up local wreckers, rare spares, if you have ford parts distributors like coventry's etc

 

_________________

For Sale: 25 Farad Rockford Fosgate Competition Series Carbon Cap, more to come - pm me if interested

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:46 pm 
Moderator
Offline

Posts: 14513

Joined: 7th Nov 2004

Ride: ford falcon au3 xr8

Location: a shit suburb in sydney
NSW, Australia

ge2589 wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
ge2589 wrote:
troyman i wish i had ur ford dealers up here they want 40 bucks per badge why do u think im on here asking lol ford dealers rip us off here in cairns



ok fair enough..
yea there is 3 ford dealers clost to me so if one doesnt have what i ask for i got 2 more to try..

believe it or not 2 got stolen off the car 3 weeks after i got them while it was parked in a car park :evil:
they even took a chunk of paint of my passenger guard... :evil:


jeez mate thats sucks a** wat will u do is ur car insured


its not worth going through insurance for that! so its been touched up with a colour matched touch up pressure pack and thankfully its a good match you cant really notice it..as ive carefully removed the xr6 badges and put them a little lower covering the repair. :D
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 1079

Joined: 19th May 2005

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

Location: naracoorte
SA, Australia

try a diferent ford dealer for a better price and get them to post em to ya.
i do this all the time to my local ford dealer, parts are cheaper at the ford place 100km away than in my home town. when i get the parts cheaper elsewhere i go back to fords in my home town and show them what i got and for what price. after doing this a few times they are a bit more helpfull now

 

_________________

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 524

Joined: 7th Oct 2007

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Fairlaine XR, ford thunderbird

Location: Cairns
QLD, Australia

Big Kev wrote:
have u hit up local wreckers, rare spares, if you have ford parts distributors like coventry's etc


mate xr wreaks are pretty hard up here anyways im glad u got it looking ok now troyman

 

_________________

Fairlaine XR, it’s the James Bond of Fords

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 1056

Joined: 14th Feb 2005

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

Location: Cairns
QLD, Australia

Just drop into the wreckers every couple of weeks and always keep some fishing trace or guitar wire in your pocket... Cairns wreckers on Bunda Street had 3 EF XRs come in a week once. Nicco got some suspesion components and I got badges ;) You can get lucky like i did... But I don't have any spare ones now.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 524

Joined: 7th Oct 2007

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: Fairlaine XR, ford thunderbird

Location: Cairns
QLD, Australia

80crm wrote:
Just drop into the wreckers every couple of weeks and always keep some fishing trace or guitar wire in your pocket... Cairns wreckers on Bunda Street had 3 EF XRs come in a week once. Nicco got some suspesion components and I got badges ;) You can get lucky like i did... But I don't have any spare ones now.


its all good now i found some really good ones, mate i think we need to find more members up here in cairns lol most car enthusiasts are qss members

 

_________________

Fairlaine XR, it’s the James Bond of Fords

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 37

Posts: 1056

Joined: 14th Feb 2005

Gallery: 26 images

Ride: '97 EL XR6

Location: Cairns
QLD, Australia

I know... Mr Soul moved to Bris-vegas, Nicco is only up from the Ville during breaks from uni, Effalcon works over in Perth and isn't back for long and most of the other members aren't active.
The worse thing about QSS is they are mostly holden and import owners as well. Although they do organise regular meets so there is a good thing for them.

Your Fairlaine is pretty tidy to. I've seen it around a few times...
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:18 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names