v8 5.0 4 speed auto 

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: v8 5.0 4 speed auto
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: au xr8 & 5.0 eb

VIC, Australia

im needing a auto for my v8 ef would prefer eb/d one with dipstick,must be in excelent condition let me know if you have one you want to sell,or im just going to have to stop being a tight a** and buy a new one

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Hey what are you doing, I asked basically the same thing a few days ago!!!!! :lol:

You want a perfect one with a dipstick, I want one that doesn't have to be good, with a dipstick plus I need a tranny ECU.

Actually early EF had a dipstick as well.

So if you find a rooted one PM me.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Jason, the auto in my AUII LTD looks like it needs new clutch packs (just a guess from Joe). It's only got 160,000 on it. How much are you looking to pay? It drives and shifts well, just squeels if I mash it off the line or stall it up hard. Supposedly these are much stronger, smoother boxes than the earlier EB-EL.

I'm going to drop in my spare 4sp from my EB which was just rebuilt 20,000km ago, should be easier/cheaper than fixing the one in the LTD!

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Macca wrote:
Hey what are you doing, I asked basically the same thing a few days ago!!!!! :lol:

You want a perfect one with a dipstick, I want one that doesn't have to be good, with a dipstick plus I need a tranny ECU.

well when i get a new box you can have my old one for free(aslong as i dont get a change over)mine still works but is getting lazy going into reverse when hot and shifts really softly when hot aswell

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

v8fordman351 wrote:
Macca wrote:

well when i get a new box you can have my old one for free(aslong as i dont get a change over)mine still works but is getting lazy going into reverse when hot and shifts really softly when hot aswell

Please find a non exchange 8-) I would do a drive to pick it up, make it a cruise day weekend, it would be worth it then, I am pretty sure I could find a tranny ECU for a low price, spotted one from memory in a wrecked Fairlane.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Macca wrote:
v8fordman351 wrote:
Macca wrote:

Please find a non exchange 8-) I would do a drive to pick it up, make it a cruise day weekend, it would be worth it then, I am pretty sure I could find a tranny ECU for a low price, spotted one from memory in a wrecked Fairlane.
lol may be just chuking in a 6cyl one,do you need the convertor and bell housing?im even going up to my sis inlaws in broken hill in september,so i could maybe even take the box up and meet say umm :?: lol the singleton hotel,but dont get your hopes up i did get a quote for a c/o box for $1300 wich doesnt sound to bad,also got a guy going to rip the sump off and have a look,coz i did pump a s**t load of oil out the rear main when i bought my boat a few months back towing it home,so i may have pumped some out the auto at the same time(front seal)and he seems to think it may be just low(f**k dipsticks) so if i do put the 6cyl box in or find a good 2nd hand one consider it yours,but im really hoping mines not f**k but me thinks it is :cry: anyway ill let you know how it all pans out

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

oops im thinking of silverton i think where mad max was filmed?? i got no idea where singleton is lol,driving up to brisbane friday week (in another car)might have to pay attention nsw to see where all these towns are

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I've got one, but it's still in the car and only willing to sell it if the buyer removes. Would be cheap though.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Well good luck on your auto, to make you feel better my EL Fairmont's auto is on its way out like yours, you can boil the jug before it goes into reverse and I think it is second that drops out and becomes neutral, don't drive it much because of the tranny and haven't had it that long.

V8 auto is wanted for the Fairmont, starting to collect parts for a V8 conversion, I have most of it, including some of the harness and going straight gas.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Private9 wrote:
I've got one, but it's still in the car and only willing to sell it if the buyer removes. Would be cheap though.

You have a V8 auto, what model and this might be possible as they aren't hard to get out, will be down there for an overnight trip 28-29 July.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Macca wrote:
Private9 wrote:

You have a V8 auto, what model and this might be possible as they aren't hard to get out, will be down there for an overnight trip 28-29 July.

No worries - it's in an NF Fairlane (EF). I haven't had a chance to drive the car yet, but once I get it going, I'll take it for a quick drive to check condition.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:25 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 2002 XR8 manual

NSW, Australia

I have one thats done 8,000km's out of an EL FAIRMONT GHIA - PM me with an offer.

AU XR8 manual.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:28 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 2002 XR8 manual

NSW, Australia

BTW - If your going up the pacific Hwy - Where i live is 7km's off the highway near Port Macquarie

AU XR8 manual.

Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

orloxsis wrote:
BTW - If your going up the pacific Hwy - Where i live is 7km's off the highway near Port Macquarie
mate sounds perfect but it would put 6 extra hours on my trip to go that way,and i just couldnt handle the extra driving thanks anyway

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: LTDHO

VIC, Australia

I have a auto, slips a bit.
I know it aint perfect.

$100 pick up.
$120 with ecu

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next