Fordmods Logo

WTB [NSW]: Any ideas on rentals? 3 bed min. plus shed 

Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Any ideas on rentals? 3 bed min. plus shed
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Does any one in the Hunter area have any heads up or know of any availabilities of rental houses in the Newcastle/Hunter area?

We have until the 16th of Feb to be out. We have looked at anything that is suitable and to be truthful, we are competing with an average of 10 other families at each inspection to live in a rotten, piss soaked house that are that bad I would not let my kids sit on floor.
But I don't know what to do. Its getting to the point now that we are considering putting all our belongings into storage and staying in holiday homes until something does come up.
We are in the process of buying our own place but it will still be a few months till we can. We need something to tie us over.
Any ideas or anyone know of a farm house or anything at all would be very helpful.
Cheers guy!
Ash

Ash, I can understand the feeling of wanting to make sure there is a worthwhile roof to put over your families heads. I will ask Cam if he can contact his parents and see if they know anyone and on Wednesday, I can ask the warehouse supervisor if his wife can do a search for you, she works for a large real estate company. :)

I wish I could offer more mate.

Post subject: Re: WTB [NSW]: Any ideas on rentals? 3 bed min. plus shed
Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2003 BA Falcon - XTC

NSW, Australia

Hey Ash,

Have you tried the Housing Commission or the department of housing? (Or are they the same thing?)

I've asked my Mum to ask my Aunty if she knows anything, and a couple of her friends the same. My Aunty has been in a similar situation before (though she only had the one son to find somewhere for too).

Just curious, whats the maximum you could afford, in case anyone can help?

I hope that something come your way soon bud, you don't deserve this crap.

Meet Monty
My BA Falcon.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:53 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII 5.8 NOS TerroristGhia

Power: 274 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Ash, i know where you are coming from mate
4 years ago our unit was sold under us, i looked for 3 months(the time it took to sell the unit) and didnt find anything. My missus had a house sit for 6 weeks so we had free went for that period, and it wasnt until the last day of the house sit i found something, and i have not been happy since moving here. I am unable to get a decent lease (6 months maximum) and at the end of the lease the rent goes up 20bucks a week. What was a 320 a week house is now 400 a week and it is in bad repair. The garage has fallen onto my blue car once and i store most of my tools in the house as the garage cannot be secured, plus the fact i have 5mm each side of the car if i bring it into the yard. I hope you have better luck than me. s**t they were even offering rent for Auction when i was looking, hopefully that time has passed and it is rent as advertised.

Good luck
Brett

The Terrorist ED Retired due to RUST.
The TerrosistGhia, EF Ghia 351 EFI 5 Speed.
Millennium Falcon, Sleeper EL DOHC 6 Speed Manual EFI LPG
Member#1131
I didn't Vote for Multiculturalism, DID YOU!!!

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Get onto your local member , explain your unique situation (even fatten it up if you have too) and try and get them to lean on the Water Board on your behalf to get the Farm places cleared to move into.
It would be a terribly embarrassing thing for a governement that is already in trouble , if it wound up in the media that a family is about to become homeless , while that same government has properties available in the middle of nowhere the said family is happy to move into and pay to live in , but it is being held up by red tape............................... :roll:

I have the next couple of weeks off mate. Am going to try and get away for a few days but if you and Jules need a hand moving give me a bell.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Not wrong on the storage sheds.
I had one the first time I broke up with my X-wench and it cost a bloody fortune.
I could literally stand in the middle of it and touch every wall with my arms outstretched spinning in a circle. Luckily it was pretty tall. It was like a shoe box stood on its side.
Somehow I managed to get half a houses worth of belongings in there but. That was about $75 a week back in 2002.
Maybe also ask for an extension of a few weeks on your current lease? Being the tennant here you have the rights. If you choose to be a***hole , you can legally just sit it out until they take you to the tribunal and then you will get six weeks to leave.
Not a card you would really want to play but it is there none the less.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: NCII Fairlane + G220

Power: 143 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Damn Ash! Not good mate, not good at all. :(
As you might remember, we went throught the same s**t last year when we were evicted so that the owners could move back. End up living with the in-laws for nearly six months while we knuckled down and fought with every inch of our lives to get our own place.
We were paying $300 a month for storage at the Kotara facility for a shed just big enough to fit all our gear for a family of 5. The car and most of my spares and parts went to my old mans shed.
I'm really feeling your pain mate, I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. I offer you any assistance you might need, no matter how little or big. I will get my feelers out to see if there are any houses around, but the stories on the news lately about rentals is just depressing.

But, miracles do happen mate, and I hope that your luck turns for the better....and soon.
I have an old house down the back of my place that I use for storing crap. It is secure (sort of :roll: ), but if you need to store parts or gear from your shed, your welcome to fit as much as the old s**t will take. I even have space for another car if you want somewhere secure to put the ute for a while. It will need a car cover as it is a big paved area under a big a** gum tree down the back (sap on the paint work is a b**ch to remove :evil: ) but it's all yours for as long as you need. Seriously mate, genuine offer and only too happy to help.
Chin up mate....things will work out for the best, they always do :mrgreen:

E-Series Fairlane/LTD? forums/post746329.html#746329
Mick's Garage forums/viewtopic.php?t=65504

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Trailer I can probably do. The father in-law has an enclosed trailer, I think it was an old lawn mowing business unit....fully sealed. I don't expect it to be a problem, as long as he isn't using it.
If your worried about security for the ute, I have 2 gates to get through, numerous surveillance camera's recorded 24/7 and a big a** scary looking dog......."scary looking", but she's really just a big lazy stubborn b**ch! But it is probably a last resort for you.
I know I wanted mine garaged while we were in limbo, helps you sleep better at night :wink: I might even let you park it in the carport next to the lane if your lucky, the old NA can get the a** to the back yard for a while :lol: Food for thought eh!

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 20 images

Ride: XH Ute / AU3 V8 Wagon

QLD, Australia

Geez you novacastrians really look out for each other. If the rest of us were like that, we would all be a lot better off. :D

I sympathise with your rental issues, we went thru the same thing here last year. All available properties had a minimum of 30 applicants, and most of the places were crap. We were just lucky to get something when we did, and we had to ask the landlords for more time to find that. Then we bought our own place, so we had to move again 7 months later.

Good luck with finding a suitable place. :D

Yes, I own a Ute. No, I won't help you move!

EL Wagon Build Thread http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sooty72-s-ef-futura-wagon-long-term-project-t90025.html
XH Ute Thread http://www.fordmods.com/post1138970.html#p1138970

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ashcook wrote:
You got camera's running, s**t you are prepared. :D I'll have to have a chat with you. But if your father in-law isn't using his trailer and is happy to hire it out to me, then that may be extremely helpful. Will probably be late next week at the earliest but will let you know. Thanks again mate for the help, will try and talk to you soon.

Cheers!

There are benefits to being a security technician :wink:
I will find out about the trailer this arvo. The missus is in hospital atm, so I have to pick the kids up from the inlaws after school. I was planning on getting it this weekend anyway, because my spare trans for the NA is still there and the father inlaw is getting a bit shirty about it. Problem I have now is I still haven't had the towbar fitted to the new work truck yet, so I will see if I can convince him to bring it over for me this weekend and leave it here for a week or two.
Will let you know a bit later tonight once I get the brats settled.
Cheers,
Mick

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Missus always joked that once I got my own place it would be more secure than fort knox :P

Trailer is a go! I have to pick it up some time this weekend as my replacement trans for the NA is still at the inlaws + I also have to pick up a washing machine from there as well. He said he will need it back some time after next weekend, but should be all good.
I just need to tee up a time to borrow my bro-in laws car as the Triton hasn't had the tow bar fitted yet, and he needs to help me lift the trans into the trailer.

Missus is home now. Had to go into hospital for a hearnia repair. Now I have 3 kids and a friggin cripple to look after :roll:

Kids have been good though. They know the drill when Dad's in charge :mrgreen:

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Glad to hear things are looking up. Fingers crossed it all works out for you.

When the time comes, I will be happy to sort out something for the shed security. Camera's may be a bit over the top in most domestic circumstances, but when you work in the industry and have seen the s**t people can do to places when they break in, I leave nothing to chance. A security system with ear piercing alarms is usually enough to deter them.

I only have to go to Cardiff to pick up the trailer, it s**t me that I have been waiting since early December for the towbars for the new Triton to come in, so it's time to call in a favour from my brother in law, he owes me a few :wink:

The place on Lake Rd Glendale just past xroads has good prices on quality Pantecs, and they are pretty reasonable on pick up and drop off times. Will need to get in quick though as they always book out. I left it too late when we moved in here, and end up hiring one from Toronto west. It was a complete bucket of s**t. How that thing was allowed to be on the road shocked me. But a mate was lending me a truck and then needed it at the last minute, so I didn't have much of a choice.

Good luck with packing the shed gear.....that was my biggest pain in the a** as well. The house part is relatively easy. But I don't neeed to tell you that, sounds like you have moved just as many times as me.......still, you never get use to it.

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Ash, how are you going with finding somewhere? I hope you are getting somewhere with it. If you need anything that I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask ok? :D

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Sounds like it should all work out for ya's! Makes it easy when everybody is working off the same page.

I'm heading over soon to get the trailer. He has told me that he needs it back next weekend as they too are preparing to sell there house. They have bought a block of land at Holmesville and he needs to start clearing it ready for the builders to start. I might be able to push him to take it back next Sunday, but I'll see what he has to say.

Hope this works in with your plans. I'll give you a call later this arvo.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

It's here now. I've got it till next Saturday arvo, so feel free to come get it if you need it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next