Fordmods Logo

WTB [VIC]: EF EL XR Bonnet 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: EF EL XR Bonnet
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:49 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, I'm after an XR bonnet to complete my EF rebulid. Would prefer gunmetal but any colour would be ok. ta

Any man over the age of 26 that drives a car of less than 8 cylinders with a 0-100kph time greater than 7 seconds must consider himself a failure.

Post subject: Re: WTB [VIC]: EF EL XR Bonnet
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:30 am 
Smokin em up

SA, Australia

i got 1 in adelaide in white

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:41 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1984 XE Falcon

VIC, Australia

pm sent. got a brand spankin newie in black undercoat

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Just to help out, EF GLI and EF Futura Bonnets are the same bonnet as the XR bonnet, just without the vents.
The vents can be added. Don't let anybody try to charge you premium dollars for one, as a GLI bonnet from a wreckers will be dirt cheap and easy to get, and they look better without the vents anyway.

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA SVO, AU2, Toyota Crown

VIC, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
Just to help out, EF GLI and EF Futura Bonnets are the same bonnet as the XR bonnet, just without the vents.
The vents can be added. Don't let anybody try to charge you premium dollars for one, as a GLI bonnet from a wreckers will be dirt cheap and easy to get, and they look better without the vents anyway.

yeh and the vents will stick out and look gay. they are meant to be recessed into the bonnet. and they look better with the vents on an XR! buy a genuine bonnet like the one the guy has in Bendigo. nice and close to Melbourne

Daily driver: 2010 Toyota Crown hybrid 3.5L V6 hybrid. 254kw.
Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:32 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1984 XE Falcon

VIC, Australia

SLO247 wrote:

thats the biggest load mate. XR bonnets are completely different. there 2 dirty big holes for vents and built in brackets to support them. GLi and Futura are NO where near the same

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i got a el xr one i just got with a heap of panels i bought that i dont think i will need am in sale vic 3850

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 21 images

Ride: EL F100 CAPRI XR EF

Power: 234 rwkw

SA, Australia

XEon20z wrote:
SLO247 wrote:

thats the biggest load mate. XR bonnets are completely different. there 2 dirty big holes for vents and built in brackets to support them. GLi and Futura are NO where near the same

ef xr and el xr bonnets are exactly the same shape as the ef gli bonnet, just minus the vent holes and u can use them if u cant find a xr bonnet. i even had an el xr6 bonnet on my ef ex-taxi for a while, pic in my gallery

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

XEon20z wrote:
SLO247 wrote:

So they are nowhere near the same, despite starting as the same bonnet, and getting two holes cut and some brackets welded on? They are the same, but don't have the vents. They don't have the brackets or holes, because they don't have the vents. They fit exactly the same. Pretty simple buddy.

And the vents are homo. Its not a Ferrari, its an old taxi with funny headlights. :roll:

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

but Ford made them that way. It's not some rice add on bit. and what a screw around having to cut holes and then need to find an XR bonnet anyway to get the brackets! your not making any sense dude. just buy a XR bonnet!

Weekend car: AU2 "XR8" 220kw 5L 5 speed. 19" BBS LM . Full exhaust. Lowered on Kings and Koni's. 13.8@97mph
Fast car: EA SVO AU motor. Built BTR. SDE 3500 stall. 76mm turbo. On E85. approx 425rwkw. 10.8@126mph

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

I wasn't arguing that he should buy a normal one and install the vents, I was arguing they are the same bonnet without the vents. I don't like them, thats just my preference. If he wants the vents, then he should go for it. If you don't want the vents, the Gli bonnet will bolt up and fit perfectly.

Did all EF/EL XR's come with the vents? Is this bonnet going on an XR, or is he just installing an XR front? Serious questions, not arguing anymore.

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

all EF/L XR's had the vent. and the twin light front

Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:22 am 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

SLO247 - you turned this thread subjective. All the guy wants is an EF EL XR bonnet - no one wants to hear your 2c on what you think looks better :!:

Stay on topic or don't post.

Vic Cruises & Events

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]