WTB [VIC]: random 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: random
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 1995 ef falcon

VIC, Australia

hey does anyone know an electrition that is hiring?
ive tried all the ones in the yellow pages and get told the same thing
"we are not hiring but good luck" or "sorry we have already hired an apprentice"
so if anyone can help that would be awsome

Post subject: Re: random
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:36 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Wagon/ 1967 XR

VIC, Australia

perral23 wrote:
hey does anyone know an electrition that is hiring?
ive tried all the ones in the yellow pages and get told the same thing
"we are not hiring but good luck" or "sorry we have already hired an apprentice"
so if anyone can help that would be awsome

Hey mate this post might be in the wrong section but yeah as a sparky as well all i can say like everyone else is...good luck.
Vic is now the leading state in unemployment figures 30,000 full time jobs have recently gone with only 4200 part time jobs come up to compensate so quite simply there is bugger all out there at the moment.

What year app are you? or have you just done a pre app?

If i was you id Either....

A: Sit on seek.com and have a crack straight away as soon as something comes up, dont worry bout 100 others will be as well so dont worry if dont even hear back from them.

Otherwise if theres no sign of securing a job

B: You'll prob find things will pick up again towards christmas and when childerens hospital and other big construction jobs get going properly.
So for now id be trying to find some type of income perhaps labour work even if its casual maybe 3 or more days a week till you can find full time employemnt.
There are places like a hiring agency's who put blokes on and when they have clients call up and say we need labour for setting up an event ect you get a call and off you go.

Will help if you have a Red card, steel cap boots ect and just some general knowledge of how construction and sites in general operate, Id say most of them are pretty flexible as there are guys such as myself who are just out of work and are riding it out till things come good again and they usually know this as well which kinda helps as there will always be someone else to take your place if you do secure a full time job
If you jump on seek now and put in "labour" "melbourne" theres an add there for the western suburbs and many more like that just to give you an idea.
Not the most appealing work i know but if it pays the bills and beer money for now then might be your best bet.
Anyway see how you go cheers Brent.

Post subject: Re: WTB [VIC]: random
Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:43 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

first year
i have done a pre-app and testing and tagin licence as well as red card training
yeah sat on seek i have done some interviews and stuff but im not sure i will get a job coz i havnrt heard back from them.
yeah i have all my personal protective equipmet.

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:55 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AU Wagon/ 1967 XR

VIC, Australia

Yeah look theres not much more you can do got everything going for ya then so just keep at it and see what happens....

If you havent heard back then give them a call back and try to get onto the person who interviewed you even if you dont think youve got it, surprising sometimes what sort of lasting impression can be left with just by showing ya keen to follow it up, and if they say no then ask if theres any other companies they know of who might be hiring expect a no again but you myt get lucky.

Only other thing can think of is if you make up a flyer/ advertisement with 1st year app keen to work completed pre app, red card......dribble dribble keep it short, have ya name and number on tags, go to as many wholesale places you can find in area...middy's, rexel, awm, L&H, ect and just ask if they can stick it on the front counter for ya.
The amount of small company and independant sparkies who go through those places standing at the counter looking at s**t while paying is alot!
Someone or someone who knows someone might come in who cant be bothered in all the advertising on net junk, its just an easy way out for them.
Anyway get used to a lot of sorry cant help and good luck with it all

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

kool ill try that when my car is back on the road lol
well ive allready given my resume in to middys

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]