Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Rear ABS sensor..
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Hi all,

My ABS module apparetly thinks that my right rear sensor is dodgy... I don't believe it, but I only have 2 front ones, and for some reason ford made the plugs incompatible. As a result I can't use the front one to test the rear with.. (don't want to ruin a good sensor by cutting it)

Anyway... if anyone has a spare rear ABS sensor they want to sell, I'd like to hear about it please. (I read somewhere that they are the same left and right...)

ta

Frank

Post subject: Re: WTB [WA]: Right rear ABS sensor..
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: el fairmont

WA, Australia

frankieh wrote:
Hi all,

My ABS module apparetly thinks that my right rear sensor is dodgy... I don't believe it, but I only have 2 front ones, and for some reason ford made the plugs incompatible. As a result I can't use the front one to test the rear with.. (don't want to ruin a good sensor by cutting it)

Anyway... if anyone has a spare rear ABS sensor they want to sell, I'd like to hear about it please. (I read somewhere that they are the same left and right...)

ta

Frank

hey frank,i have some here come and grab one,stephen

LETS GET THE FALCON HELL OUTA HERE!!!

Post subject: Re: WTB [WA]: Rear ABS sensor..
Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Wow... I really need to get more sleep.. should have thought of you first Mr Steve

Will probably have to be next weekend unless you plan on working late any time this week.... I'll give you a call.

ta

Frank

Post subject: Re: WTB [WA]: Rear ABS sensor..
Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

Ok... sadly the right rear sensor is not the problem.. at least I don't think it is.. I know this because I got another one and swapped it in... made no difference to anything...

since this happened around the time I put the alarm in.. (but not exactly the same time strangly) the first thing I checked was the block plug in the kick panel where I got most of my alarm wiring.... used my multimeter and checked the ABS wires from the right rear sensor and they go though perfectly as expected.. so now I'm wondering if my diode on the BEM could be at issue but I don't see how because it has nothing to do with the ABS.. it's just a door trigger wire.

perhaps it has nothing to do with alarm and I've just got a dead abs module.. I may have a spare here, but it's off an EF XR8 so don't know if it's the same as my EL one..

anyway, what I'd like to know... is would fords diagnostics be more accurate in figuring out what:
32------------2------1-------1 means?

rgds

Frank

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]