Fordmods Logo

WTB [QLD]: WTB e series Turbo exhaust manifold? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: WTB e series Turbo exhaust manifold?
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

any one know of a ea/au exhaust manifold for a turbo or if you have one how much?

Preffer internally gated and also if they have the dump pipe with bung hole for O2 sensor? im looking at using a t70 or similar?

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Post subject: Re: WTB [QLD]: WTB e series Turbo exhaust manifold?
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:29 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: ED falcon gli - XR6 replica

ACT, Australia

theres been some made outta boiler piping on ebay that will do the trick, theres a guy on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com.au/holden-nissan-fo ... 4a9e9bf0a9 that makes them to order, they look pretty good. might hit him up for a log manifold once i get my tickford head serviced and put on.

Ford ED Falcon Gli, T5 conv, Twinlight lights, exedy sports tuff clutch, modified EA front grill, ED XR6 complete interior, 19" speedy graphites, monroe gt shocks, kingspring superlows, CAI, ported tickford head, 3:45 LSD.
Soon: paccies, custom centre console

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

i seen them but for $250 are they worth it as they look pretty restrictive in the log style i could make my own for less that it cost to buy that one

but this one would be alright but $500 is a little steep

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

After doing a lot of reading on the subject of Log Vs Tuned turbo manifolds, a lot of websites say the log type are not so bad, and probably a better choice for a street car. I was going to buy one of them from that guy on Ebay, they look like they will last, but now i've got an Eb Xr8 in the driveway as well as my Eb Ghia I6, i really don't know which one to keep...... lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

ToranaGuy wrote:
After doing a lot of reading on the subject of Log Vs Tuned turbo manifolds, a lot of websites say the log type are not so bad, and probably a better choice for a street car. I was going to buy one of them from that guy on Ebay, they look like they will last, but now i've got an Eb Xr8 in the driveway as well as my Eb Ghia I6, i really don't know which one to keep...... lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Why would a log manifold be better for on street? And EDXR6 POLY, $500 is nothing to spend on a manifold. 6Boost seems to be the way to go, brings boost on earlier than any other manifold, and still makes more power. Although, for a 6Boost manifold you are looking at around $1300, Snort are around the $1k mark for a tuned length manifold.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

67RCE wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote:

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Why would a log manifold be better for on street? And EDXR6 POLY, $500 is nothing to spend on a manifold. 6Boost seems to be the way to go, brings boost on earlier than any other manifold, and still makes more power. Although, for a 6Boost manifold you are looking at around $1300, Snort are around the $1k mark for a tuned length manifold.

Gas velocity at lower rpms is what i've seen written about the subject many times. Also, look at how much power the Xr6t engines have made with a log manifold.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]