Fordmods Logo

WTB [QLD]: xc panelvan under $600 

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Post subject: xc panelvan under $600
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:53 am 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

cheap xc panelvan dont want nothing flash dosent even need a motor or box. barn doors prefered and compleat as possible. starting point for 14yr old apprentice panelbeater :D

Post subject: Re: WTB [QLD]: xc panelvan under $600
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Unfortunately, you will probably need to add an extra zero to your price.

Even rough versions of these command big dollars.

Good luck.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Likewise with the holden panel vans.

You might get lucky if you start to scour the older wrecking yards, they might have a shell that isn't too far gone for you to work on. The doors are the same as a ute iirc, the front clip is the same as a sedan or wagon so wouldn't be too hard to get if you had to buy it separately.

There used to be a couple sitting in an old wrecking yard in Brooklyn, but that's a long way from QLD and not worth the transport cost to get a rusty old van up to you.

Keep a keen eye on Ebay, i have seen a few on there from time to time, but for a fair bit more than what your looking to spend. You might get a run down & rusty Xf pano for that coin tho.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

I could give you a choice of 2 but that one Ash put up looks like a show car but one is a xc,351,fmx,9 inch car with 30k on it since new and has sat on wet leafy ground since. The tappet covers have rusted thru on the motor and would probly rip in half when putting on trailer or truck....

Phill

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

ashcook wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-XC-Rallye-Pack-GS-Factory-V8-P-van-XA-XB-Coupe-/170478402697?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Cars&hash=item27b14dfc89

There is more rust there than panel van. Very sad.

That's the reason i ended up with a holden van, i couldn't find a ford van good enough to repair, the holden van i ended up with has not been hard to repair.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

thanks for that... i think ill keep looking round and saving up my money, i was thinking bout turning to the dark side and gettin a hz van but i think ill get a xc as u see heaps of hz's,wb's and stuff cruisin round but its really rare to see any ford vans. and i think they look sweet with a nice paintjob some airbrushing and a big set of rubber under the a** 8-).. and none of this low profile tyres nd s**t people put on them

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ed v8 fairmont wagon, wr450f

Power: 137 rwkw

I could put you onto a mate out west that has a heap of pano's,even xy windowless and upto xc but he's not going to sell one for $600.I've seen him scrap cars better then that pano so there good shells...

Phill

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: xc wag's, tnklane wag's

QLD, Australia

Yeah I've gotta say mate if you buy the cheapest most f**k bomb you can you'll regret it, it's bad enough, when you think you have one not to bad, but a dig revealed bogjob.
I new mine was bad but it was even worse than I realized, I've now spent decent money n a just about rust free project.

But got to say I'd loved a pano, good luck dude.

Signature removed by moderator.signature must not exceed 120x500 pixles

Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

vanman01 wrote:
thanks for that... i think ill keep looking round and saving up my money, i was thinking bout turning to the dark side and gettin a hz van but i think ill get a xc as u see heaps of hz's,wb's and stuff cruisin round but its really rare to see any ford vans. and i think they look sweet with a nice paintjob some airbrushing and a big set of rubber under the a** 8-).. and none of this low profile tyres nd s**t people put on them

No problem mate, keep ya chin up, keep saving & keep a keen eye on the lookout, and you should score a van that is worth fixing when the time is right. Who knows if it will be a holden or a ford van? As long as you want a van, I'm sure you will find one.

That's a fair call about a hz/wb holden van. < puts on flame proof suit> Thought about something older like a HG van? Not as many getting around these days. Not too old to never had a factory v8 option, or factory a/c, p/s and so on, and iirc the HG shares the floor with the wagon, so can have a wagon seat fit, with monaro buckets up front to make a 5 seater van when you need it, and the seat folds down to allow you to sleep/shag/chill out in the back or even carry goods maybe? If i wasn't so far into my Hz van i'd be seriously looking at a HG.

Or what about a Xy van? <the flames have died down now lol> Not many of them getting around. They too had v8's, choice of auto & manuals, front disc brakes (need them these days!), could have a/c & p/s fit, and i reckon one would look great as a GT mockup. How about a large super roo on the side of the van instead of a small guard logo?

Seen a Xd van go off on Ebay for less than $1k, looked rough but not too bad from the pics (which can be deceiving) and it was a v8 to boot. Not exactly what your looking for, but still a lot cooler than a crappy 6cyl rust bucket Xf pano that never had any character other than a tradies workhorse. lol.

Having said that, i have seen a SVO Xf pano that looked really good, but who knows if it was real?

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 13 posts ]