Fordmods Logo

BA Locking problem 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: BA Locking problem
Posted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:58 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford ba

QLD, Australia

Hi , I have a BA falcon Marlin Ute, the problem is that it will not lock by pressing the remote or using the key, the doors will lock and unlock followed by 3 horn beeps, the interior light will remain on and the door light on the dash remains on. I can secure the car by disconnecting the power and locking if with key and disconnecting the passenger outer handle. I have tested both actuator by unpluging in turn and shutting the door and pressing the lock button, with the same results. Could there be another way to test the door sensors or door actuators.Can I bridge the sensor to test the sensor

Post subject: Re: BA Locking problem
Posted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:23 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

ptbca wrote:
Hi , I have a BA falcon Marlin Ute, the problem is that it will not lock by pressing the remote or using the key, the doors will lock and unlock followed by 3 horn beeps, the interior light will remain on and the door light on the dash remains on. I can secure the car by disconnecting the power and locking if with key and disconnecting the passenger outer handle. I have tested both actuator by unpluging in turn and shutting the door and pressing the lock button, with the same results. Could there be another way to test the door sensors or door actuators.Can I bridge the sensor to test the sensor

check for water and or corrosion at connectors behind kick panels
does it have an alarm if so check bonnet switch -

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]