BF 2 Ghia Passenger Mirror not getting power 

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: BF 2 Ghia Passenger Mirror not getting power
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 08 BF Ghia

VIC, Australia

Hi guys, I have a strange issue I can't resolve, passenger side mirror does not work.

I have checked plug & ambient sensor works properly & assume it's not getting power. I was going to plug it into RH but plug is different. RH works no issues.

I also tried getting memory seats into diagnostic mode but couldn't, changed the toggle switch in door made no difference at all.

Are each mirror on separate circuit, anyone know what pins I need to check for power on the passenger side?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: BF 2 Ghia Passenger Mirror not getting power
Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

attached diagram may help -
check continuity with multi meter - does seat work - do you have mirror switch on side of d/seat- is "toggle switch in door" referring to mirror switch - is there a memory module attached to mirror switch (behind trim in series with switch)
getting seat in diagnostic mode was always a problem..........

Attachments:
bf wiring mirror.and seat pdf.pdf [167.01 KiB]
Downloaded 322 times

Posted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thank you so much for the attached diagram Tim.

All seat functions work fine on both seats as do pedals.

Yeah referring to toggle switch in door trim.

I do have mirror switch on seat base also.

I checked for power on left mirror plug with ign on & off and the purple wired Is the only that shows power.

I tried to see if there was another connector to bypass the door grizzly module to no avail.

Only other thing I can think of is the controller in the mirror itself but I'm unsure of its location & how to remove it.

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

remove drivers door trim -CAUTION : (release connector to mirror switch with a small screwdriver -switch has a habit of falling apart if you just pull on the connector)

mirror memory module is connected between mirror switch and original wiring connector normally wrapped in sticky foam -have you checked continuity with multi meter between both side connectors to mirrors (red left to red right etc.)

power supply and earth changes position on wiring as you operate the switch depending on direction you select.....................

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks again for the valuable info Tim.

So can I check output directly from the grizzly module with a test light & it should light up on a different pin depending on what side is selected on the toggle switch?

I have also realised that the car doesn't know when the left rear door has been opened & im wondering if this is a clue or just unrelated.

Thanks again for your help as I really would like to resolve this!

Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:59 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

has left mirror been changed at all as the mirrors to suit this system are digital not analog as on standard mirrors -

out put from module to left mirror same sequence as for right mirror but difficult to obtain correct readings as it is a digital signal similar to BUS wire operation -

disconnect mirrors - switch - griz module and and seat module and check -continuity with multi meter (on buzzer if your meter has this function) from left and right mirror to same colour wire at griz module wiring plug -
(and seat memory module connector this part however should be ok if right mirror works)

check inside left and right kick panel multi pin plugs especially orange one for corrosion or poor connection - may be relevant to door also

connect left mirror to right side wiring via bridge wires to same colour wires (R_V_L) may enable you to test mirror - temp sensor disconnected

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks again Ted, silly autocorrect kept on changing it without me noticing!

Mirror is the original fitted to the car from new, duel zone with the temp probe underneath.

I have tried another mirror(duel zone) just to rule out mirror motor.

I'll check the orange connector on footwell kick panel, failing that could grizzly be faulty, or would that wipe out both mirrors?

I also had a look at all wiring that i could visually inspect in doors & it looked pristine!

Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

yes griz module can cause fault in left only but more common to stuff both mirrors

you need to physically verify circuits are correct via a meter across left mirror connector circuits (R_V_L) to griz module connector and right mirror connector circuits (R_V_L) and check that NO earth is present on these circuit

- reason for disconnecting seat module and griz module is to avoid back feed giving false readings when testing mirror circuits and to protect seat module and griz module from any feed back from your meter -

same test can be done using a test light (LED light preferred) after disconnecting mirrors- seat module- griz module- mirror switch ,lead of test light to power and check for no earth on these wires before then feeding power thru the wires your testing and checking for power at the other mirror connector ..............

violet with red trace at switch should have power in accessory position -

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Update, changed grizzly & still no go. Last thing I can think of is faulty module inside the left mirror itself.

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:10 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

ghia97 wrote:
Update, changed grizzly & still no go. Last thing I can think of is faulty module inside the left mirror itself.

didn't you say you already tried a different mirror on left side

to test mirror run 3 wires across seats from right mirror to left mirror colour to colour ie.red to red violet to violet etc. by pushing bared wire end into rear of mirror connector and retest
(can also do this with shorter wires and placing left mirror near right mirror to test mirror)
did you check multi connectors behind each side kick panel (look for matching wire colours to mirror connector)

did you test that none of the left mirror wires are going to earth

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yep sure did & can confirm all wiring and multi connectors look mint. Right mirror only has two pins & left 6, so I didn't attempt to power it from the right directly. From memory none of the left mirror wires went to earth.

If I power left mirror direct to r/h/s by inserting wire into the back of the loom connector what colours do I connect to what pin on left mirror connector?

Thank you again for all your help, about to give up on this!

Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:16 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

just getting over computer crash took out everything (hard drive)
is there 6 or 5 wires to left mirror should be 3 for mirror 2 for temp sensor
post a pic of left mirror wiring vehicle connector and connection to grizz module white connector -

right mirror works and you have already changed left mirror -grizz module and mirror control switch is this correct ?? -

which leaves wiring open circuit or short circuit to left mirror-
disconnect plugs into seat module and check for 3 circuits to left mirror from grizz module white plug -

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks again for all the valuable info, will look at it again over the next week!

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Finally resolved, 2 mirrors later. It was something to do with the mirror itself!

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

ghia97 wrote:
Finally resolved, 2 mirrors later. It was something to do with the mirror itself!

Glad to hear the problem is resolved -
for future reference for myself and others is it possible that the replacement mirrors were for a standard mirror system instead of a memory mirror system ??

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next