BF Fairmont interior light 

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: BF Fairmont interior light
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

Hey guys,

Ever since i bought my 07 bf fairmont ghia the interior light hasnt worked.

I have checked the bulb. Checked the fuse. held the interior light button to see if it is a different mode.

I havent checked for power at the bulb yet but the bulb looks fine.

Any ideas? maybe someone could verify the fuse i should be checking to make sure ive got the right one.

The horn has stopped working too and a different relay doesnt solve it. the panic button and the steering wheel button dont set it off. im assuming its the horn or earth etc around it.

help please!!

(ps i have searched all over for these probs before posting!)

Post subject: Re: BF Fairmont interior light
Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
chr!s wrote:
Hey guys,

Ever since i bought my 07 bf fairmont ghia the interior light hasnt worked.

I have checked the bulb. Checked the fuse. held the interior light button to see if it is a different mode.

I havent checked for power at the bulb yet but the bulb looks fine.

Any ideas? maybe someone could verify the fuse i should be checking to make sure ive got the right one.

The horn has stopped working too and a different relay doesnt solve it. the panic button and the steering wheel button dont set it off. im assuming its the horn or earth etc around it.

help please!!

(ps i have searched all over for these probs before posting!)

Why not buy a $3 bulb and check? seriously check that first

And horn could be the fuse and or lose connection on the horn itself.
I had issues with my horns getting water on them and blowing. Made the connections watertight and upgraded them to VZ horns and works fine now.

why a $3 bulb? could i get a $2 bulb?

any other contributions people?

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:51 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Mate, festoon bulbs (thats what they are called) are known to fail at the terminal sides.

May look fine to look at but its a dead globe

So try a new globe and/or by a multimetre to check both globe and horn wiring

I gave you the cheapest option to try and you still want a miracle answer.

actually the cheapest option was to swap bulbs from the boot which i did (saved me $3) and the bulb is fine but no power to the roof light.

I am wondering if there is an option to turn off power to it in the fairmont model or maybe another reason power would not be going to the roof light?

the horn is broken so that little prob solved.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: AUII XR6 Uterus

NSW, Australia

unfortunately, the light bulb may only be $3 or under, but the little person inside that turns it on when you open the door is worth much more than that. Haven't you seen that TV commercial.. "Thanks keyless entry...etc"? These days with unions, fair work agreements etc, it's just become unaffordable for your fairmont to employ someone small enough full time to live in your car and turn the light on just for you every time you get into the car like your someone special.

Modern technology, isn't it fantastic, $3 for a bulb, or $300 odd for a computer to turn it on, this is what we've evolved to.... honestly.

uniacidz wrote:
I had issues with my horns getting water on them and blowing..

Don't you just hate that....

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

low_ryda wrote:
unfortunately, the light bulb may only be $3 or under, but the little person inside that turns it on when you open the door is worth much more than that. Haven't you seen that TV commercial.. "Thanks keyless entry...etc"? These days with unions, fair work agreements etc, it's just become unaffordable for your fairmont to employ someone small enough full time to live in your car and turn the light on just for you every time you get into the car like your someone special.

Modern technology, isn't it fantastic, $3 for a bulb, or $300 odd for a computer to turn it on, this is what we've evolved to.... honestly.

uniacidz wrote:
I had issues with my horns getting water on them and blowing..

Don't you just hate that....

My opinions are exactly that, opinions. I'm not a pro 'mechanic' nore a race driver. You, your car and what you do with it remains your decision. I can be wrong, along with the rest of the internet....
Don't let it give you a sandy vag.

Im assuming you have this because u write a lot of useless s**t on the interweb

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

True, but I feel that writing useless shyte is on a par with asking questions and retorting to answers with smart a** comments so I'm assuming you're just at a loss for anything else to say?

I was only having a joke people have those occasionally, you seem you provoke a lack of any other interest.

Also apparently you might need a bit more study on the use of website functions...

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

After some more reading it turns out I have the lights on the doors as well which isn't going on either so now looking towards switch or another type of fuse. Anyone apart from turkeys and keyboard warriors got any advice on how to diagnose from here?

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: BA XLS Ute

VIC, Australia

chr!s wrote:
After some more reading it turns out I have the lights on the doors as well which isn't going on either so now looking towards switch or another type of fuse. Anyone apart from turkeys and keyboard warriors got any advice on how to diagnose from here?

So do you mean that you have courtesy lights in your doors and they are not working either?

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

chr!s wrote:

hhaahaha nice.

have you tryed checking the plug? theres one behind the A-pillar plastic which is where the power cable for the interior light runs up.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:23 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

Benny D wrote:
chr!s wrote:

hhaahaha nice.

have you tryed checking the plug? theres one behind the A-pillar plastic which is where the power cable for the interior light runs up.

If the courtesy lights dont work i wouldn't waste time looking behind the A'pillar.. not the it is hard to do, butthe issues must be somewhere else in the line or the doors would work.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

ill check the plug cheers - i am back to checking all the fuses again to be sure as there might be a fuse for the whole interior lighting - i am trying to search for a diagram with all fuses for a bf - ive foudn it before... i dont have the manual with the car!!

cheers again

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

To turn the lights back to automatic- with the doors shut, push and hold in the interior light button on the centre console, the interior lights should come on and after a few seconds flash once, then release the button.You repeat the process to manually keep the interior lights off if any doors are opened.

Found this on another forum... maybe try that??

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

BAXLS03 wrote:
To turn the lights back to automatic- with the doors shut, push and hold in the interior light button on the centre console, the interior lights should come on and after a few seconds flash once, then release the button.You repeat the process to manually keep the interior lights off if any doors are opened.

Found this on another forum... maybe try that??

cheers man - i tried that but had the drivers door open when i tried it. ill go try it with doors shut...

the weird thing is the lights dont come on when you push the light button on the dash your talking about... which leads me to believe it is something more. I checked the courtesy lamp fuse again and it is fine...

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:07 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

ive heard there is a timer for the interior lights on the gem on some fords as well?

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well clearly you have stellar problem diagnosis skills only surpassed by your social abilities.

Good luck with that...

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next