Fordmods Logo

fg aircon 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: fg aircon
Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:25 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

NSW, Australia

Hi all .got a 08g6 and today the aircon stopped working.no matter what I do it would only blow out hot air. I don't even think the aircon pump is engaging when I turn it on. I've checked the fuses and relays and can't see anything wrong . Did a bit of reading and a lot of people have had a problem with a HIM module( whatever that is ). Is it possible that's playing up. Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: fg aircon
Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

My father inlaw had a g6 turbo and he rarely had the glove box fitted due to the air con playing up. iirc theres a reset button somewhere behind the glove box? Something he would tinker with and it would work for a while.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:06 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

I try that this afternoon thanks

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF Futura DUH

NSW, Australia

Our FG XR6 did the same thing.
We rang Ford and they said that when the battery gets older and drops below a certain voltage the air conditioning will stop working to conserve power??? He was positive this was the cause and said he had a handfull of them back that week with the same issue.

Sure enough, almost a week later, the car immobilised itself due to a cactus battery.
Apparrently the Electronic stability control and traction control also cannot be guaranteed to work properly when the battery is below a certain voltage and the car will immobilise showing a message on the sreen, which it did.

Threw my EF's battery in it and it has been perfect ever since.

1996 EF Futura factory manual
Fully rebuilt engine,Decked, Honed, Bored, Tolerences spot on, Wade 1673, Extractors, 2.5" zorst, 3" CAI, High flow filter, Exedy sports tuff clutch, Chiptorque tune.
Future Mods: A mortgage...

Posted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Well I haven't been able to do anything to it today as the wife didn't get home till late tonight so ill more than likely look at it on the weekend. I do remember reading about the battery and the electrics in theses. Thanks for the input guys

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

low batteries causes all sorts of issues in the fg. from aircon not being cold, to esc and traction control turning off, to skipping your cd back a few songs when you restart the car. when my battery was dying, i found that the cd skip was the first symptom. for example the cd would be on track ten when i turned the car off, but when i turned the car on again some time later it played from the middle of track 4. probably about 4 weeks later esc and tc errors showed up on my instrument cluster, and the air con wasnt cold. took it to ford and found out the battery was cactus. when replacing the battery make sure to get one with all the right specs, even though a lower one might turn over the car and be cheaper, it will have an effect.

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:09 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

I haven't found anything wrong with it .the battery is fine ,has just under 13 volts without car running and 14.4 when running. that tells me the battery is fine. I couldn't fine anything behind the glove-box that I'd even think about tinkering with. it still play's up , one day it work's next day it won't. unfortunately looks like I'll have to take it somewhere when it dose play-up.

Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:50 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

HIM module is on left side of heater box with glove box out controls heater ,air con,fan ,vent function etc. get vehicle scanned before you touch it or any codes will be useless ..... battery is very common fault even if test ok ..capacity of battery drops to low to operate vehicle systems when starting so they shut down ...but you could use the battery in another vehicle that is not as sensitive to voltage ...get vehicle scanned first, and checked for ac gas

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]