Fordmods Logo

Help ef airbag fault code 32 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Help ef airbag fault code 32
Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 04 ba wagon

NSW, Australia

I have just got the car back together (96 Ef fairmont) after having it fully stripped to paint engine bay and replace heater box and now have the dreaded fault code 32. All drivers side relays have been moved under the guard as well as the relays in front of the air filter box, I have searched and read everything I could with no luck to a solution.

I forgot to plug in the radiator support airbag sensor so thought that might have been the problem as fault code 32 is high resistance/ open curcuit but after plugging it in it still reads 32, I have dropped the dash down hoping I had left a connection unplugged but that's not the case.
There is no power to the airbag memory terminal and even after bridging the steering column and steering wheel airbag the code did not change even though I have read it should have changed from 32 to 33/34.

Has anyone had this issue and had it sorted out as I have tried just about everything but still no luck.

Cheers in advance

..wagonstyle..
04 ba wagon, manual conversion, pacemaker extractors, custom exhaust, m86lsd, full electric window conversion, dual zone icc, gt front end with body kit getting made

Post subject: Re: Help ef airbag fault code 32
Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 04 ba wagon

NSW, Australia

So yesterday after some lunch and a couple beers I found the problem was an unplugged wire behind the dash that was hiding (facepalms self) but now after doing diagnostics test on thermo system I'm getting fault codes 511 777 and 778. There seems to be no power from the thermo plugs and when I put battery + and - onto thermo motor wires the fans don't spin at all.

I have installed a j3 into my ecu could that be why I'm getting code 511? And what could be the cause to 777 and 778??

Any help would be appreciated.

..wagonstyle..
04 ba wagon, manual conversion, pacemaker extractors, custom exhaust, m86lsd, full electric window conversion, dual zone icc, gt front end with body kit getting made

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]