Fordmods Logo

BA-BF-SX-SY - Scantool Fun 

Page 12 of 45 [ 666 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 45  Next

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:20 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Oh it's there.

I don't think it made the original FPVs. Can't remember if it was a BA2 or BF inclusion (therefore a 6spd only kinda deal).

There's a video on youtube of a 'phoon flogging it along, and there's a subtle ding ding ding (in rising tones). Come to think of it, I know of a reference....

stay tuned...

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Yep, spotted your posts on AFF. I put a comment there too.

5500rpm for V8, 6000rpm for I6T. Came in on BA MKII.

So question is, do these cars all have High Series clusters? Or did some GT's come with low series clusters with this feature? It may be a high-only thing.

Most XR's only had the low-series clusters unless optioned with the luxury pack, so if it's not on low-series clusters, then that may explain it missing on XR's.

We need a volunteer with a Manual FPV, and some time at a Ford Dealer with them while they flick between modes with an IDS and we can sniff it.

Lukeyson

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:00 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

ACT, Australia

You can hear it clearly in these two clips
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NngYkQdEwzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkJAb_NpB2E

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I've actually now flicked over to using my Drewtech Mongoose for most of my work using a tool called IPSecMsgMon since there's a whole lot of features in that softwre tool that make sniffing a dream.

Things like inline annotation, up to 10 custom filters, an ability to decode and graph messages and capturing at full bitrate so I can for example capture and see ALL messages in a trace withlut overloading buffers, or capturing an entire flash of the PCM with my CAPA....

But I'm generally translating everything still into ELM commands to keep to a common theme.

Lukeyson

Last edited by Lukeyson on Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:58 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: BF Tornado

WA, Australia

Hi Lukeyson.
I've just come from the dark side. VR ute to a BF MK1 Tornado.
My background is electricial engineering. I managed to reverse engineer the 60% VR V6 ECU software. Of course I wanted to delve into my new toy. Stumbled across your work. You've saved me about 6 months work in getting started!! I'm still ploughing through your information and getting up to speed. Hopefully I will be able to contrubite soon. First stop is a copy of the factory mannual, the relevant standards and then the hardware interface. I'm looking at the sniper at the moment. Will keep you updated.

Its just a vicious rumor started by someone who knows the truth.

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No worries. The more the merrier.

Is it OK if we call you Missing C?

lukeyson

Post subject: OBD2 Pinouts variations for BA
Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

I have just recieved an ELM327 OBD2 to RS232 based scan tool and I am having trouble communicating with my BA
The status LED's show commuication from the RS232 to the scan tool both TX an RX are funcioning
The Scantool seems to be sending data to the Diagnostic link as the Link side TX LED indicates but no data is recieved.
I note that pin 15 of the OBD2 connector is not present on the BA Ford link, can anybody help me with the pinout variations used by Ford?

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:15 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

ACT, Australia

You got the car on (but not running)?

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:24 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Yes Key on Engine off

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:16 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

ACT, Australia

The interface you get support the CAN protocol? (BA+ uses CAN, not all of the available ELM interfaces support it).

Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:10 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

data_mine wrote:
The interface you get support the CAN protocol? (BA+ uses CAN, not all of the available ELM interfaces support it).
Yes the interface supports the CAN bus

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:13 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Falcon

WA, Australia

thats an overrev chime..... not when to change.. hahaha its in the cluster, its on autos but u can't hit it, the rev limiter hits before, and u overrev but punching the clutch on a downshift, loss of weight and flywheel spins up quicker.... Or you have a killer tune\motor and stock setting in the IC.

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Don't worry about pin 15 - that's just the L Line of ISO-9141. The L-Line is only used on some cars for ECU Init, but the standard calls for the 5-Baud init sequence to be sent on both the K and L Lines - so the BA only implements a single wire bus on the K-line.

But we haven't yet figured out how to wake up ISO modules yet since 'OBD' Diagnostics (Powertrain, Transmission etc) are on CAN and not on ISO on the BA, so the normal 5-Baud init header of 0x33 doesn't work on our cars. More to come.

OK, so we know you have the key on, and the unit plugged into the OBD Port and everything hooked up to your computer.

Firstly, is your module configured for 9600bps, or one of the higher speeds? The original ELM327 could only do 38400 on high-speed, but ELM3271.2a supports higher baud-rates on the 'high-speed' setting. I'm set at 115200 at the moment for example because the MAX232 chip on my unit is limited to that speed. But ELM3271.2a chips using FTDI USB serial/usb chipsets can get up to 500kbps

With power applied to the scantool via the OBD Port and everything hooked up, issue an ATZ or ATWS command and make sure you get a valid response. This is just a PC to Scantool command. If you get nothing, or garbage, then you're looking at a serial-port speed mismatch, or your Hyperterm is not configured for the right comm port. If you get a valid understandable response, then we know we can talk to the tool.

To now see if the tool can talk to the car, let's see what it 'auto discovered'. Type ATDP to see what protocol it has discovered. If it says anything other than ISO15765-500 then it either didn't see your CAN bus for some reason (bad pin contact for example - I've seen this happen) or the unit was configured for something else.

Type ATSPA6 to set the unit to auto-detect protocols, but to try 15765-500 first. Use ATDP again to see that it was set.

If all of this works, then issue a simple OBD command - such as 0100 - which is a Mode01 request for PID00 and you should get a response.

Try these things and let us know how you go, or which bits don't work as described.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Muffy wrote:
thats an overrev chime..... not when to change.. hahaha its in the cluster, its on autos but u can't hit it, the rev limiter hits before, and u overrev but punching the clutch on a downshift, loss of weight and flywheel spins up quicker.... Or you have a killer tune\motor and stock setting in the IC.

Hmm. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to hit the Shift Alert on an Auto if you're in Tiptronic mode. It would be just as useful in all reality.

I'm still on the lookout for someone with the Shift Alert activated in the Newcastle/Maitland region so I can plug in a scantool to see what the current configured settings on the Cluster are.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:05 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

ACT, Australia

yeah. Problem is you'll have to wait for a Manual BF FPV.

Sort by  
 Page 12 of 45  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 45  Next