Fordmods Logo

BA-BF-SX-SY - Scantool Fun 

Page 14 of 45 [ 666 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 45  Next

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

8R29? That's a new one. Not sure what that is. I thought the current BF and BFII Falcons were 5R29. The BA is 3R23, which is a slightly earlier model from 2002.

There is a 4WD Variant known as the Territory that has slightly different model numbers. The SX which is Parallel to the BA Falcon is 3R73. But I don't know the model number for the SY Territory which is Parallel to the BF Falcon.

I can get you vins and PCM codes from a 2003 BA Falcon V8 and a 2004 SX Territory I6 a little later.

But what you're telling me, is that there is support in FMP for Australian cars?!

I am rubbing my eyes to check again. I think there may be a small tsunami off Aussies looking into this software then....

Luke

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Actually, just to add to that, since the Aussie falcon uses ISO and CAN, many of us have opted for the cheap Drewtech J2354 ISO/CAN device which doesn't do FEPS - which is the voltage needed to reprogram the PCM.

There are a few others with more money that bought a Cardaqs, and I know two guys that bought the PWM/CAN version which does have FEPS - but at the expense of ISO.

Lukeyson

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:04 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

Try code A5NE

It's for my 5.4L V8 BF GT-P

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah, that's right, we have an additional 4 digit code as well on that tear-off tag. I'm not sure if it's this tag he's after, or the 4-digit prefix to define the Model.

So the whole number on your PCM is something like 5R29-12a650-??? right?

WIth the IDS SOftware, you can ID a car either by the VIN or the PCM part number. However, when you use the part number about 80% of the features become unavailable. PITA. And the VIN is usually only accessible by reading directly from the PCM via the VCM.

So this FMP software obviously does something similar via J2534 instead of the VCM.

Luke

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:05 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2001 F350 Diesel 4x4

Oustide Australia

Double post deleted by Hard_ware.

Last edited by Hard_ware on Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:05 am 
Oompa Loompa

Oustide Australia

The VIN can be entered by hand. The menus list options to enable or disable as well. The last 4 digits are some type of software version info. Here is the file for the 5r29-12a650-ane. HADCEN3. Exhaling the info using the FMP software from the old ECU, all the features will be transferred. If not, you could use the "As Built Data" if availible from ford. This would program all the features as it came out of the factory. The way the info was changed in previous posts to enable features, is exactly what the as built data does. Its just the bit level info to indicate what features are present. Add .zip and extract.

Attachments:
HADCEN3.txt [474.87 KiB]
Downloaded 784 times

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I have some motivation to understand the inhale/exhale bit a little better, but for a different reason.

The SX Territory, which is an AWD version of our cars, has a feature called 'Hill Descent Control' that is only available on some models. However the only real difference between those with or without this feature appears to be in the software, as the hardware is the same.

The Bosch 8.0 Module without this feature has the code:
3R73-2C405-AA

And the Bosch 8.0 Module with this feature has the code:
3R73-2C405-BA

So the big question is whether the whole code needs to be reflashed, or whether it's just a matter of loading different 'as-built' data.

I only just sent you a PM with some VIN's and PCM codes - one of them is for 3R73 Territory with the 'HDC' feature disabled.

I took a bit of a look at your attachment and it's difficult to make out the format of the data or it's application. It's looking to me like we'd need either a decoding miracle, or we'll just have to bite the bullet and get FMP for ourselves for a little while.

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Very interesting read guys , keep up the good work

cheers

WANTED - Complete BTr4 and zf 6hp26 automatic transmission 6 cylinder and V8 transmission(s) suit rebuild? Drop me a PM if you can help would be greatly appreciated - thanks

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:38 am 
Oompa Loompa

Oustide Australia

Ok the SX Territory (3R73) does not appear anywhere in the software. The Falcons do appear, I am in the process to get the "as built data". The inhale/exhale process if logged should reveal all that is necessary to read/write the modules. I believe the data is what is written to the module, so unless you read module :shock: It means nothing. I believe with a sub and some sniffing you will have what you are looking for. I believe the bosch module has been cracked in the EU area. These bosch modules are not common in the US fords that I am aware of.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I mentioned it before, but the IDS software that you can download from Motorcraft will let you manually type in the PCM code from your car and will recognise what type of car you have. Everything you read back to me in one of your PM's, Hard_ware, appears identical to what I found in the IDS.

Interestingly enough, in the IDS, I can enter and locate those two cars - BA Falcon and SX Territory. However, when I enter the PCM codes for the newer models (From about 2005 onwards, the BF '5R29' Falcon and the SY '???' Territory) I can't find them - well for the 5R29 anyway. I might try 8R29 just to be thorough.

So some things do seem incomplete in places.

I wonder if there's anyone reading this that might have access to an SY Territory of some sort and would be willing to collect and forward us the Code on the PCM?

Lukeyson

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Oustide Australia

The code on the pcm in the post (3r73) should be good enough to find. The software I was looking thru was the IDS world wide. It lists the mazda US and Japan and European models. I found no trace of the 3R73 code, or Territory name. Spoke too soon I found the info."The Ford Territory is a crossover SUV built by Ford Australia and based on the EA169 platform of the Ford BA Falcon. It was released in April 2004. Its code name inside Ford was E265". Model is listed as E265. The file for the 3R73-2C405-BA is a large file 6.4 megs compressed. This exceeds the forum limit. I will send you a P.M. The file name is HAAP9B2 is the AWD, HAAP9A2 is the RWD. I find the 5r29 thru MY06 and the 8r29 thru MY08.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Hmm. BFII is 8R29 perhaps? I'll look into it.

The file HAAP9B2 was only 462k - so I'm not sure if I have the same as you have. There's some text at the front of each file that's almost readable. It's a pity I can't make sense of much else yet. These files look like PCM calibrations to me. IDS downloads these as well. However, while the IDS software is downloadable from Motorcraft, the 'Calibration' software that comes on the VCM DVD is not - I've been hoping to get a copy of that at some point, but alas I think it's not to be!

I've got to say, I'm not real impressed with that EEPod website (). There's absolutely no mention of the fact that it's a J2534 tool, and looking at it, I can't tell WTF it does. Does it do full J2534 - or some sort of subset? Who can tell? As a customer, I'd hit those guys up for a better website. It is, in all honesty, crap. I would never buy anything based on such a poor level of information. And if it does what you say it does, they'll sell more off your comments than that website...!

Lukeyson

Last edited by Lukeyson on Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

OK, I need to reconcile a bit.

These filenames you've come up with - are they from FMP or the IDS? I'm able to download new calibration files with the IDS, but not older stuff as I just mentioned. So how were you able to figure out the name of the file that we needed? Certainly from the IDS it's not obvious. Or maybe it is and I just don't know where to look? I'll assume for the moment that you got it from FMP until you tell me otherwise.

I've done a lot of poking through the IDS and not found the description of the Territory you came up with. And it's dead set accurate. So that one's got me too.

While you step in the regions that are unknown to many of us, you make godlike footprints....

Lukeyson

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Oustide Australia

The files are downloaded to the FMP software which is the same process as the IDS from what I can tell. The files are found by finding the first reference to the ECU code written on the ECU. Then looking up if a new part number is listed. If it is you repeat the process until the latest part number has no newer part number, then look up the file used. I will try and attach a file to look up the codes. The file is too large to attach. Its 2 megs MS excel format compressed. This has all the data for the Motorcraft software. Ok give this a try change the part1 to .exe and change the last part of part02 to _186.rar delete the _266.xls and run the first file. It should combine and give you a 2+ meg excel .xls file. Here is all the info I have gathered. Post if it works.

Attachments:
WDS Database B52_3, November 20, 2007.part02.xls [856.16 KiB]
Downloaded 806 times
WDS Database B52_3, November 20, 2007.part01.xls [1.39 MiB]
Downloaded 711 times

Last edited by Hard_ware on Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:29 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Oustide Australia

With the excel file, you will have the data I have used to look up the files.Any old files are not availiable, only the latest updates are on the motorcraft site. I was able to get this file from one that was sent to update the WDS/IDS/FMP and I saved, and extracted it. So far the info it contains has been on the server to download. Make sure you keep looking up the new part number until no newer part number is listed. Then cross over to the file name. This still does not solve how to write the data without a sub. I am working on that.

Sort by  
 Page 14 of 45  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 45  Next