Fordmods Logo

BA-BF-SX-SY - Scantool Fun 

Page 17 of 45 [ 666 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 45  Next

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:05 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XR8, SX Ghia, WQ XR4

NSW, Australia

Re: the filename - I see yours has the .HEX extension. I have another std I6 capture with the same thing. But my Terry capture doesn't have it. Obviously the filename field allows arbitrary text...

My XR8, however, has a CAPA tune in it. I'm now curious to see what's written in there...

New Question: Does anyone know what happens in the following scenario.

(1) Luke gives his car a flash tune with a CAPA box and drives with that for a while.
(2) Luke books in for a service, flashes back to factory, and takes car to the dealer.
(3) Dealer notices a new calibration on the IDS, and loads it into the PCM.

(4) Luke get's home and goes to load his flash back in.

Question is:

What happens to the new factory tune? Does it now get copied up to the CAPA box to the 'factory' memory position, or will it get wiped out with the CAPA tune, and when I go back to the factory tune next from the 'factory' memory location, will it write the old version of the factory tune?

Lukeyson

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:00 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 2001 F350 Diesel 4x4

Oustide Australia

Here is the file from bse corp. Change the .xls to .rar on files 2 thru 8. Part 1 change to .exe and run. It should combine all files to a .pdf. Limit of 5 files, Read next post.

Attachments:
FDPGMPROC050118.part5.xls [976.56 KiB]
Downloaded 457 times
FDPGMPROC050118.part4.xls [976.56 KiB]
Downloaded 413 times
FDPGMPROC050118.part3.xls [976.56 KiB]
Downloaded 420 times
FDPGMPROC050118.part2.xls [976.56 KiB]
Downloaded 402 times
FDPGMPROC050118.part1.xls [976.56 KiB]
Downloaded 463 times

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:03 am 
Oompa Loompa

Oustide Australia

Continued.

Attachments:
FDPGMPROC050118.part8.xls [660.4 KiB]
Downloaded 423 times
FDPGMPROC050118.part7.xls [976.56 KiB]
Downloaded 423 times
FDPGMPROC050118.part6.xls [976.56 KiB]
Downloaded 412 times

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:13 am 
Oompa Loompa

Oustide Australia

I think the new factory tune will be uploaded to the programming device. The reflasher should keep the ECU with the data that came out of it, weather its 1 yr old or 1 day old. Now if you had a custom tune, and went to the dealer and they wiped it and installed a new factory flash, Iam not sure how you dump the data in the reflashing device (reset, clear data). I would think if you connected it, it would reflash the ECU with the data it has saved (old factory flash file) before you could use to flash another ECU. From what I read the MFG tie the device to 1 ECU, by holding hostage the old data from the ECU until its dumped back in the ECU.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mate,

A bit of a tangent, but it's a question that's triggered by my playing a little with FMP.

ISO communications require knowledge of two things - the Address of the Module that you're connecting to, and the 5-Baud Init Address used to wake up the module.

By default, the 5-Baud init address is 0x33, but that is only to wake OBD modules such as PCM and TCM Modules. However, for other modules a different 5-Baud Init is required. ISO9141 defines these Init addresses as being assigned by the Manufacturer.

There were some options in FMP that let me pick ISO modules by their addresses. And if needed, I'll get out an oscilloscope and capture the 5-baud init manually if this tool lets me talk to those modules.

But if you ever come across information pertaining to the 5-Baud Init values required for non-OBD modules, there's some interest in that brewing.

Thankfully the newer Bosch 8.0 ABS modules are all CAN. But the old Bosch 5.3 (as well as Airbag and Park Aid) modules are still ISO for Diagnostics.....

Lukeyson

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:05 am 
Oompa Loompa

Oustide Australia

The info must be in the FMP software. All the .app files appear to be whats setting the device (VCM) to communicate with the modules. The protocol that the F150 trucks use is UBP(uart based protocol) which is not used in other vehicles, hopefully this will fade away in the f150.

Last edited by Hard_ware on Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

<edit> Answering questions that no longer exist... what are people going to think of me?

Lukeyson

Last edited by Lukeyson on Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Testing to see if the FMP can connect to an Aussie Ford is now underway. We'll have more to report in the next day or so.

Lukeyson

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:54 am 
Oompa Loompa

Oustide Australia

Which passthru device are you using to connect to the vehicle. With a VCM i think all modules will be availible to program, with the sj2534 device I think the FMP software only uses the HSCAN network.

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Drewtech Mongoose ISO/CAN. ISO/CAN is all we need for our cars. But as this is a cheap cut-down tool it also doesn't have FEPS.

Lukeyson

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:11 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: AU2 XR8

VIC, Australia

Lukeyson wrote:
Headsex wrote:
ps.. thats not really my vin number :)

Or your XR6 Turbo then obviously. Pity.

Come on mate. You can't go on about 'bytes with axle ratio, speed limiter' etc and not tell us which bytes they are and what they mean right? (Poke poke prod prod.... :P )

A3HD = BA2 XR6 Turbo

axle ratio and speed limitor stored in VID is the defined settings on programming time with the WDS.. As for which bytes are which.. Im unsure myself.. All i know is its there.. When reprogramming these cars, we actually specify not to use the vid block for axle ratio/speed limitor etc..

Danny.

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:14 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Lukeyson wrote:
What happens to the new factory tune? Does it now get copied up to the CAPA box to the 'factory' memory position, or will it get wiped out with the CAPA tune, and when I go back to the factory tune next from the 'factory' memory location, will it write the old version of the factory tune?

The new tune from Ford with the updated "factory" calibration is LOST as soon as you reflash your tune into it.. the capa box does not re-read F tune. It only reads F tune once, and it stays that way its whole life until its unlocked from your vin.

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:16 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Lukeyson wrote:
Re: the filename - I see yours has the .HEX extension. I have another std I6 capture with the same thing. But my Terry capture doesn't have it. Obviously the filename field allows arbitrary text...

Umm, you sure ? Ill get you to send me that file this evening, because thats very weird!!

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Oustide Australia

Can the CAPA be unlocked before being hooked. Some of the reflash boxes in the US lock only while they have reflashed the ECU. If you dump the factory flash back in to the ECU, the box is free to use on another auto. This way the box can only be used with 1 auto at a time. You can't go around flashing your mates autos.

Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

Hard_ware wrote:
Can the CAPA be unlocked before being hooked. Some of the reflash boxes in the US lock only while they have reflashed the ECU. If you dump the factory flash back in to the ECU, the box is free to use on another auto. This way the box can only be used with 1 auto at a time. You can't go around flashing your mates autos.

It can be unlocked. But you loose all the 3 tunes, as it essentially blanks out the box.. Ohh and in doing that, you kill one of the 4 lives..

Sort by  
 Page 17 of 45  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 45  Next