Fordmods Logo

ECU Catch codes! 

Page 12 of 42 [ 622 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 42  Next

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

1DCC is EB II Pre Smartlock auto (gearbox Control in, no smartlock) - great if you want to take Engine/Box to project car such as XD/E/F or so on.

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

frankieh wrote:
I know this is an old thread.. but it contains pertinant info and is related to what I am asking so I'm reviving it briefly.

I just got a 4TEG 94DT-12A650-EC ECU, and I'm guessing its from an EF II GAS, revision G..

What I wanted to know.. is do these things run petrol and gas or just gas?

Also, do they have any benefit being "tickford" I mean are they improved over the standard ECU like a Ghia/XR6 computer in an EL...

The "factory" dual-fuel option was actually contracted out to Tickford. That's why it's a Tickford ECU. As others have said, it has the EFII petrol map as well as an LPG map.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Do you know how they switch between the two maps?
Does it auto detect via the sensors that its running gas or is there a trigger somewhere?

I'm wondering if later on, I shouldn't try to get a dual fuel EL ECU as well as the XR ecu I want.. then I could swap in the ECU for gas and the XR when I want to go fast.

Got this EF one for 20 bucks... no use to be because I don't have an EF.. but figured I'd know someone that'd want it.

Last edited by frankieh on Thu May 01, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:33 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

Very informative and helpful thread, but a bit patchy for info on AU ECU's.

FYI AU ECU's starting with W are Series 1. 12xx ECU's are Series 2 and 22xx are Series 3.

There is a further complication in Series 1 as Smartshield was introduced as a running change during Series 1, approx May 99. So there are Smartlock ECU's and Smartshield ones for the AU1.

The WANA listed, for example, is a Smartshield ECU as used in my Aug 99 wagon. The equivalent XR6 HP Auto ECU is WTMx, where 'x' can be A through D. That's a rainy day project, HP cam and ECU... it might happen if I don't drop a complete VCT engine in first. Or a Raptor. Or a VCT engine plus Raptor. But I digress...

Not 100% sure on these next 2, I dug them up from the parts database on AFF:

WTJA to WTJF: AU S1 Egas Smartlock
WTSA to WTSE: AU S1 Egas Smartshield.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

sly wrote:

FYI AU ECU's starting with W are Series 1. 12xx ECU's are Series 2 and 22xx are Series 3.

There is a further complication in Series 1 as Smartshield was introduced as a running change during Series 1, approx May 99. So there are Smartlock ECU's and Smartshield ones for the AU1.

The WANA listed, for example, is a Smartshield ECU as used in my Aug 99 wagon. The equivalent XR6 HP Auto ECU is WTMx, where 'x' can be A through D. That's a rainy day project, HP cam and ECU... it might happen if I don't drop a complete VCT engine in first. Or a Raptor. Or a VCT engine plus Raptor. But I digress...

Can you confirm if this is smartlock or Smartshield?
WR2T-12A650-LB

I know its a XR6 AU Manual ECU but nw one seems to be able to tell me smartlock or shield.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:02 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Clarification...

"1DCC - 4.0l 4 speed auto not sure id eb1 or 2"

I am just about to replace my ECU which is shutting down the fuel pump after 5 mins driving, then won't turn on again for hours. (When hot wired the pump works for at least 30 mins)

The 1DCC definitely comes from:
Falcon 4.0L 4 speed auto
Build June 1992
EBII

I do not know if it works in the EB1

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

1DCC is definetly NON smartlock, however it is EB II so it has the gearbox control code in it as well. This ECu is the bridge one from the Start of the EB Series II until the start of Smartlock (Aug 92 I think)

EB I ECU's still had the seperate TCM I think

Nigel

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

twason wrote:
sly wrote:

WR2T-12A650-LB

I know its a XR6 AU Manual ECU but nw one seems to be able to tell me smartlock or shield.

I'd guess at Smartshield, it's for a HP, not VCT.

There is a listing for WR2T-12A650-AD also described as XR6 HP Manual, which I'd assume is Smartlock. All the Smartlock ECU's seem to be early in the alphabet, 12A650-Ax to around -Jx. From -Lx up seem to be Smartshield. Seems logical to me, dunno if I'm reading too much into it.

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:35 pm 
Tyre Shredder

NSW, Australia

frankieh wrote:
Do you know how they switch between the two maps?
Does it auto detect via the sensors that its running gas or is there a trigger somewhere?

At a guess it'd just take a voltage from the gas switch to a pin on the ECU. Aftermarket LPG systems switch the injectors on & off via a high or low voltage on the gas switch's blue wire.

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

thanks sly.. that info will come in handy one day.

Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 2007

NSW, Australia

sly wrote:
twason wrote:
sly wrote:

WR2T-12A650-LB

I'd guess at Smartshield, it's for a HP, not VCT.

There is a listing for WR2T-12A650-AD also described as XR6 HP Manual, which I'd assume is Smartlock. All the Smartlock ECU's seem to be early in the alphabet, 12A650-Ax to around -Jx. From -Lx up seem to be Smartshield. Seems logical to me, dunno if I'm reading too much into it.
Thanks Sly, I knew it was non VCT but that did not concern me, I was however hopeing for smartlock.

BF Fairmont Ghia Series II update.
GQ XR6T ghia patrol.

,======o00o
//__|__|_,\_____\,___
|_/--\'_|'__|_/--\_[]IIII[]
_( o ) )_____( o ) )=o=) )__

Posted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

WA, Australia

EL 2 XR8 185kw manual catch code is 6DFD.

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:55 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

hey all,top thread!!my question i hope someone can answer for me asap is will the EEC-IV part# 86DA-12A650-AB go into my EB 4.ol auto sedan? i ask this because onthe other side of this EEC is a white sticker with ZL FAIRLANE written on it & also another sticker next to it showing 6AA.im assured this came out of a EB 4.ol auto though.Any thoughts??

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EDL Fairmont Wagon/AU XR8 Ghia

NSW, Australia

Nigel wrote:
1DCC is definetly NON smartlock, however it is EB II so it has the gearbox control code in it as well. This ECu is the bridge one from the Start of the EB Series II until the start of Smartlock (Aug 92 I think)

EB I ECU's still had the seperate TCM I think

Nigel

My wife has an EB 1 S pack and that does not have the seperate trans ECU - nothing bolted to the pedal box. I don't know what the ECU code is but it isn't smartlock.

Cheers
RD

=1994 ED Wagon GLi body/EL Fairmont spec with *ALL* EL running gear.=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=65695
=1998 EL Futura Sedan - The EF Fairmonts Replacement=
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=106588

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:19 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

mynads wrote:
hey all,top thread!!my question i hope someone can answer for me asap is will the EEC-IV part# 86DA-12A650-AB go into my EB 4.ol auto sedan? i ask this because onthe other side of this EEC is a white sticker with ZL FAIRLANE written on it & also another sticker next to it showing 6AA.im assured this came out of a EB 4.ol auto though.Any thoughts??

no. sorry it wont as that ecu is for xf efi or zl efi fairlane..
completely different engine..

Sort by  
 Page 12 of 42  [ 622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 42  Next