Fordmods Logo

EL fuel pump Cradle/module into EF? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EL fuel pump Cradle/module into EF?
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 98 EL Falcon - Last of the EL's

NSW, Australia

silly question but there is A LOT of conflicting information regarding this question!

i have a 96 EF Tickford Fairmont and it's currently on its 3rd fuel pump! the first two were brought new and were stuffed from the factory but the factory wiggled their way out of replacing them so i hit up a wreckers and big surprise that one is stuffed aswel! and they are fresh out of EF's i hit ebay and there is nothing for an EF it only goes back to an EL.

i know a lot of parts carried over from EF to EL but a lot also didnt and like i said there has been a lot of conflict over this some say yes others say no, i don't want to have to spend $150 on a new fuel pump module for an EL for it to be one of the parts that weren't carried over.

why are women like clouds? eventually they f**k off and its a really nice day.

telling the truth is just lack of imagination

Post subject: Re: EL fuel pump Cradle/module into EF?
Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:05 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EF XR8

VIC, Australia

I'm having the same problem my XR8 has done 3 pumps now. Last time I pulled out the tank and cleaned it but the 3rd pump just died and the whole sender unit is rusty and falling to bits and I can't find anywhere online that can tell me what will fit as a replacement. I have heard that an au series 1unit will fit you just need to change the plug and remove the pot in the bottom of the tank but I don't want to mess with anything without a little more info. I'll be going to ask my mechanic when he opens after new years, so I might be able to come back with some answers then but I'd like to know while I'm on holidays to so I can fix it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]