Fordmods Logo

Fuel filters 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 320kw BA XR8

SA, Australia

dregg69 wrote:
So its not going to siphon out from the fuel tank. Isnt where it connects to the fuel filter lower than the fuel tank???

Yes fuel will run out, even if you have removed the pressure from the lines. Just do it quickly with a bucket or something to catch the fuel and dont smoke when doing it LOL.

Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 1995 EF GLI

NSW, Australia

hmm will do, i have purchased the filter this arvo as well as an oil filter and some oil, i just got Shell Helix PLUS.. is this allright anyone used it??

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

I replaced my fuel fuel filter yesterday wth a Ryco aluminium one. If the original steel fuel filter is on the car from the factory it is on bloody tight. I had the car up on ramps and i needed to use a pair of heavy duty multi-grips to crack the bolts. They must have used thread sealant on the factory fitting.

I was using that much force that my spanner was rounding off the head of the nut. Multi-grips were my last resort.

Not much fuel ran out, probably 100ml if that. New fuel filter went in easy. I have heard the aluminium ones are better because they don't leak like the steel ones. torqued it up on both sides to 17nM (finger tight and 1/4 of a turn).

Old filter had done 90000km and 8 years of service, was completely blocked and fill of fine black stuff. Couldn't even blow air though it.

Car idles better now and is much more responsive.

Cheers Luke.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:07 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Waggin wrote:
There is only one filter to replace, and its under the car ont he passengers side near the passengers rear door.

Just undo the lines on each side and pop it out. If your car is lowered you'll need to jack it up.

Enjoy splashing fuel in your face :D

happened to me when i was changing it on my car. went straight into the eye. such burning sensation.

from that experience i advise anyone doing it to disconnect the fuel pump and start the car until car stalls. much better id say.

cya

phong

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:19 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BONGO VAN @ XB WAGON

NSW, Australia

XRFan101 wrote:
Hey i was just about to start the same thread lol. I just purchased a Ryco fuel filter for $18. BUT ive flipped thru the manual and it does say that you should disconnect a fuel relay or something.. So that it relieves the pressure in the fuel lines etc...

Does it really matter that much?
where abouts is the fuel relay located?

YOU SMOKE YOUR TYRES AND I'LL SMOKE MY DOPE.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:46 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: NF Fairlane V8

VIC, Australia

STONER wrote:
XRFan101 wrote:
Hey i was just about to start the same thread lol. I just purchased a Ryco fuel filter for $18. BUT ive flipped thru the manual and it does say that you should disconnect a fuel relay or something.. So that it relieves the pressure in the fuel lines etc...

Does it really matter that much?
where abouts is the fuel relay located?

On the fuel pressure relief side of things I know on my V8 on the fuel rail there's like a tyre valve for connecting a pressure guage and to relive the pressure just press the valve. A little fuel squirts out but just make sure the engines not stinking hot. :D

The TORQUE Monster project begins!

Pic's, details and all the yummy stuff:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22693

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2