Fordmods Logo

gas injection 

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Vapour sux, Liquid is generally good but with any and all gas systems you need to look @ what temp your converters r running @, seems to be the main way to lose economy and power. Ie: if your converter runs too hot u will lose octane rating from your gas.... You should be able to work the rest out :)

Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EFII Ghia 5Ltr

VIC, Australia

AXR88U wrote:
650km is pretty good. The most I ever got out of mine on petrol was about 550k's (never run it bone dry though) and on gas just over 400k's.

With the gas it never seemed to make much difference if it were city or highway running either, like it did with the petrol.

Sounds like your gas isn't set up properly... I get 380km's from a tank of gas reliably which includes Punt Rd at 7:30am and 5pm, and more than 500kms with country kms. FFS I got more than 500kms from the tank of gas that I used to get up to Heathcote for the drag day! And that inlcuded 6 runs down the quarter and driving from the Eastern 'burbs to Heathcote and back with 4 people in the car!

Have YOU driven a monster truck lately??

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Fairmont Turbo

QLD, Australia

Direct injected gas seems to be a good thing in my view point. I've considered running with aftermarket ecu to run larger injectors to keep up with the 12psi that my XF fairmont runs, but, with optimax extreme at $1.70 a litre it seems like a better option to go for the direct injected gas setup.

This way i get my high octane fuel and being a gas tech it will cost me under $2,000 to have it all up and running. If i went the ecu/bigger injector route it will cost me more just for those two things and the other incidentals. I've driven a direct port injected BA and found very little power loss between LPG and petrol. I just wish that the petrol stations would all have the premium gas option being a full %100 propane instead of a bunch of mixed up turd gas. Aparently the country areas are well equipped with the lush gas and us city slickers are held to the s**t stuff.

Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: AU Falcon

SA, Australia

premiun gas??? thats a new one, never seen that in SA... have noriced that my EL is touchy when it comes to different servo's tho. goes out of tune.. so I tend to use the same servo to fill up

98 AU Falcon Futura I6 ABS & Cruise stock (The Wifes car

99 AU Falcon Duel Fuel - Xcab

Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:52 am 
EFI Guru

Gallery: 28 images

Ride: 351 Vogue,XH 5.0,'17 5.0 Stang

WA, Australia

Check out Profire... http://www.profire.com.au/
I'm going to(when I get time) check out one of their installations.
I think I'll be able to use the Keihin injectors and a Low-Z injector driver box with stock EEC and dial it in with TwEECer.
Ive also been informed of a new system available from OMVL that comes with everything required for about $1700. This system was fitted to a Courier V6 and works very well.
In WA Ive been told that Ampol Vital gas has the highest Propane percentage. Ive used all types in my ute but I can't say Ive noticed a difference...mind you my odo doesn't work and whenever I get up it I switch to petrol. 100% Propane would be good if we could get it and liquid gas injection would be the best if it could be made to work properly, unfortinately neither seem likely in the near future.

Cheers,
Pete.

Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

XR9UTE wrote:
100% Propane would be good if we could get it and liquid gas injection would be the best if it could be made to work properly, unfortinately neither seem likely in the near future.

Vialle LPi injection seems to work, Europeans have had it for years, we have had it over here for sometime too, but you probably know that Vialle is having problems releasing it here due to legal reasons, not relating to safety etc.
http://www.nimbus.com/practice/index.asp

Go to page 38.
http://www.cleanairnet.org/caiasia/1412 ... _part2.pdf (2.9mb)

Scott840(R.I.P) and Flukey spoke of it some time back, at that time Scott seemed to think it was soon to be released, tests had been done on BA Falcons with much success.

Liquiphase LPI is an Australian company, it had been released in the early 90s but had high failures, now Docklands Science Park Pty Ltd owns the rights, I think they have developed it a bit more but that is a mystery to what they have achieved. Personally I think they are just piss f@rt around and holding back other companies, as Docklands Science Park Pty Ltd has owned the rights since before this century.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:28 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

i use to get close to 600km of a tank of gas but now i get close to 300km for some reason and just recently its been running as rough as guts.....not sure why ??????

Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

QLD, Australia

Ive used two different systems : One unlike anything thats on the market today, and one thats readilly available (OMVL Dream).

My EB Fairmont had Gas Injection Technology Injectors on it for 6 years. This system is *incredible* - plugs into factory ECU, and aside from running a little rich cold, does things you wouldnt have believed. Better than factory Power, more torque, Fantastic Economy. It had injectors that went in where the factory Bosch ones used to go, and put LPG Vapour at Pressure into a modified Fuel Rail. This system need 2 mins of warm-up so tha the reg didnt get too cold (completely drivable, but dont hit full-throttle) but then you could run at full-throttle all-day. Hitting the rev limiter was easy!

My for Escape has the OMVL Dream System. This taps an "injector" into the manifold near the inlet/current injectors allowing dual-fuel use. It has a piggy-back ECU which modifies the factory injection signal to suit the LPG injectors. Good economy, reasonable power, but it is noticably down on factory. As also noted previously it will kick back to petrol automatically (with LOTs of beeping) if the Reg gets too cold (water isnt warm) , if the LPG Pressure drops off (Empty tank), or if something goes wrong.

In short - keep an eye on bill (http://www.gas-injection.com) - his System will be the one to beat when it makes it to market.

Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:04 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

Damage wrote:
Liquiphase LPI is an Australian company, it had been released in the early 90s but had high failures, now Docklands Science Park Pty Ltd owns the rights, I think they have developed it a bit more but that is a mystery to what they have achieved. Personally I think they are just piss f@rt around and holding back other companies, as Docklands Science Park Pty Ltd has owned the rights since before this century.

Their recent website update gives a clue to what they've been doing. Apparently patent challenges from Vialle and Boral have been holding them back. They believe they have finally defeated these challenges now.

Will be interesting to see. I heard a rumour that Ford had been working on a liquid injection setup on the BA 6, but couldn't release it due to patent issues. Would be good to see it come to market.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

sly wrote:
Damage wrote:

Their recent website update gives a clue to what they've been doing. Apparently patent challenges from Vialle and Boral have been holding them back. They believe they have finally defeated these challenges now.

Will be interesting to see. I heard a rumour that Ford had been working on a liquid injection setup on the BA 6, but couldn't release it due to patent issues. Would be good to see it come to market.

Yeah Vialle has had a reliable liquid injection setup for some time, but I will give an enlightened 8-) guess than Docklands put up a fight as soon as Vialle wanted to release it here because they had the Australian patent.

Had Docklands not piss f@rt around for so long I think they would have a valid point, but it pisses me off because there is a good working system out there but it isn't available because some slow a*** couldn't fix the systems problems.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Post subject: vapor injection
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:21 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia

Has any one orginising a group buy of vapor injector
Cheers

Post subject: group buy
Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon

VIC, Australia