Fordmods Logo

Leaning out on dyno with walbro gss294 and blowby 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Leaning out on dyno with walbro gss294 and blowby
Posted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:15 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: turbo falcon

SA, Australia

Damn you were lucky with that one! My target afrs are around 1 from memory haha and slope has to be set low too, cant put 60lbs in, think mine is around 30iirc. Hope your tune goes well mate.

Posted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Saltez! wrote:
Hi 67RCE, I did try the gutted PCV to catch can and rear breather to catch can with the vacuum point on the manifold blocked with a breather on the catch. I decided against it though because due to the location of the catch can you could see the oil vapour misting out from behind the headlights when they were on at night time. Also due to the oil having water vapour in it, it made the catch can gunk up with some whiteish crap. The breather filter I had on it may have been clogged but the oil vapour would also collect in the filter and then would occasionally drip oil from the catch can. Hooking the PCV straight to the catch can without gutting it would AFAIK be pointless because it wouldnt see vacuum and would remain closed.

I decided to do it this way because since the PCV is closed under boost and open at Vacuum and the fact that I may want to plumb it back into the intake, the less chance of oil and crap going through the turbo and intercooler, if it can go directly into the manifold and bypass this then thats great :) I don't think the pcv does any harm the way its set up from factory. I am pretty happy with the current setup and it seems to work quite well.

God knows why all the white crap collected in the catch can fittings with the gutted pcv going to the catch can, obviously there is a small amount of water vapour in the rocker cover. Or I got water in there from when I was degreasing around the catch can.

I actually run 2 catch cans, one for the rear PCV which connects to the manifold, this is a non vented oil seperator, so under vaccuum it still pulls vapour from the rocker and prevents oil sludge in the manifold.

The front PCV is connected to a vented catch can which collects blowby on boost...

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Posted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:16 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Ahhh that is a good idea. So you connect the vacuum line from your manifold, to the catch can and then the other connection on the catch can to your pcv connection on your rocker cover. Since there is no breather on it this would mean that the catch can see's vacuum if I am correct. That is such a great idea as it would stop that problem with oil hydrolock I have read about on here.... I guess as long as the catch can is completely air tight.

Thats wicked and definitely worth a look. I just gotta find enough room to fit another catch can.

XG Ute. BBM conversion, EL ECU + J3 Chip, 3" Stainless Steel Intake Pipe, K&N Pod Filter, Wade 1673 Camshaft, Pacemaker extractors, 2.5 Inch Hi-Flow Cat, 2.5 Inch exhaust, Cab Extension, 18" FG GT Rims, resprayed in blueprint.

Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:37 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EB turbo

Power: 276 rwkw

SA, Australia

turbo_will wrote:
Good to here of another boosted falcon in Adelaide!

There are a few of us kicking around 8-)
But not like the other states... Yeah it's good to see some more poping up. Keep us posted on the retune Saltez!

EB 2,T5, snort kit, 3 inch, 044, turbosmart reg, LC1, 46lb, crow cam, EMS stinger
Now with 275.7 rwkw @13 psi

Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Saltez! wrote:
Ahhh that is a good idea. So you connect the vacuum line from your manifold, to the catch can and then the other connection on the catch can to your pcv connection on your rocker cover. Since there is no breather on it this would mean that the catch can see's vacuum if I am correct. That is such a great idea as it would stop that problem with oil hydrolock I have read about on here.... I guess as long as the catch can is completely air tight.

Thats wicked and definitely worth a look. I just gotta find enough room to fit another catch can.

yeah thats spot on, its an airtight catchcan. i cusomt made it becuase there arent too many options to fit it. It has three baffles in it, and one of the baffled portions is stuffed with gauze, works really well.

07 BF MKII XR6T

Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

FAST-XR wrote:
Saltez! wrote:

yeah thats spot on, its an airtight catchcan. i cusomt made it becuase there arent too many options to fit it. It has three baffles in it, and one of the baffled portions is stuffed with gauze, works really well.

Attachment:
IMG_0168.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG [ 416.4 KiB | Viewed 270 times ]

07 BF MKII XR6T

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2