Fordmods Logo

Time to organise a Megasquirt-II Group Buy 

Page 11 of 23 [ 338 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Nice work fella!

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:18 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

WA, Australia

4.9 EF Futura wrote:
FYI guys, just found www.diyautotune.com

They sell MS kits, unassembled for $140 and assembled for (IIRC) $270. All in US dollars, of course.

Have shot an email of to him to check that the unassembled kits have all the bits required - pretty sure they do (including case) and for shipping costs etc. He's outta town attending a funeral so expecting a reply next week - will post findings here.

By the sounds of it, Bowling/Grippo can take 4-6 weeks to ship the order... so this guy may be the go.

Shipping with DIY is US$20 for regular shipping, or US$28 for express shipping, found this chappy about a f/night ago :D

Fulli Sik Re

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 37 images

Ride: V8 EF Futura

SA, Australia

South wrote:
Shipping with DIY is US$20 for regular shipping, or US$28 for express shipping, found this chappy about a f/night ago :D

Cheers mate... nice one!!!

EDIT: For others interested, response from DIY Auto:

Jerry Hoffman wrote:
I'm at my sisters house in Missouri now taking care of things and decided to use her dial up connection to keep up with email. The kits for $140 do include everything that is needed to build the MS ECU, even the case and machined endplates, heatsink compound, and bulkhead to bring the map sensor line out. All you'll need is tools, solder, and time to build it up. I highly recommend getting a stimulator kit as well and building it first as you'll want it when you build the ECU. I also offer a lead bending tool that makes the build go a little smoother and the proper DB37 cable for tuning the ECU. I'm trying to slowly but surely become a one-stop shop.

Shipping to Australia for the MS122-K, MSStim-K, Cable and lead bending tool would be $25 (up to 3lbs). Without the cable and tool the shipping weight would be just under 2lbs for $19. The website will charge part of this, you can paypal the rest directly to foundsoul9@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Jerry Hoffmann
DIYAutoTune.com

I promise..... I will never die.

Fordmods Administration Group MINOR PUNKED

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

SA, Australia

I ordered mine from www.glensgarage.com

It contains all parts as well as a CNC drilled case for $140. Shipping was US$15.

I got all the parts for the stimulator today, $30, so will be building that tonight. Others in Adelaide can borrow it after I am finished if you like. I am building it on Vero board, just to keep it cheap and simple.

I have also priced getting V3 boards manufactured. AU$275 setup cost then $24 per board. Thinking about it.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

w00t, my MS kit from glens garage just arrived :D
Time to get soldering.

Raiki, I wouldn't mind borrowing the stim if you can get near a post office (I'll pay for shipping both ways of course)

ImageImage

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 5:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hyena wrote:
w00t, my MS kit from glens garage just arrived :D
Time to get soldering.

Raiki, I wouldn't mind borrowing the stim if you can get near a post office (I'll pay for shipping both ways of course)

Hyena, that will be no problem when I am finished with it. My MS kit should be arriving this week.

Adrian
EF Fairmont, 5.0Lt, Pacemaker Headers, Sports cats, Redback muff, T5 manual, 16" Tickford rims, Tickford "Body Styling", DBA Gold Rotors, Heritage Green, JVC MP3
XB Coupe, 351C, twin system, C4 shift kitted auto, 9" LSD, Eccose Blue, very loud !!!!

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I've already half assembled mine (well, about 4 steps into it)
The manual says to test it at every stage but seeing as I don't have a stim I guess I'll just test it before installing and hope for the best!

ImageImage

Posted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

The MS kit arrived this morning so I'll have it complete by the end of the weekend. Now I need to get my a** into gear getting the other parts.

Adrian

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Finished building the MS last night, so far so good. My Stim tacho circuit doesn't work, I think it's a dead 555 timer (I got one out of my cupboard of unknown condition). All other sensors work well and the MegaTune connects perfectly via a USB-Serial adapter.

Construction took about 4 hours, with a couple of errors. Next one should only take 3.

Will fix the Stim tonight then upload the MSnS firmware.

Adrian

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mine is finished too, and it took about 4 hours, bits at a time (excluding 30 minutes spent trying to unclog one little IC hole that accidently got filled with solder while soldering an adjacent joint :x )
Did you test yours with the stim along the way like it said in the manual ?

Have you made the MSnS hardware changes yet ? (you have to change a few things don't you ? I haevn't read that far yet :) )

ImageImage

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Yes, I tested with the Stim along the way just like the manual says.

I haven't made any hardware changes yet and don't think I need to at this point. I am not doing spark yet. The main reason I am using MSnS is for the 12x12 tables.

I am going to add the flyback board because I think the injectors that I will be using are very low impedance.

It's a long way from going in the vehicle so I will double check any required changes.

Adrian

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'll be doing spark also, but it's probably a good idea to get it running with fuel only first.

Are you using the standard ford injectors or something else ?
That's something else I haven't looked into yet either!
edit: are you fitting this to your EF or the XB ?
I think I read that you often need the flyback board when installing on a car that didn't have EFI to start with (ie the XB)

ImageImage

Posted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

The XB is getting it, with two throttle body injectors of the CFI EA. About 1.4 Ohms each injector. (4 injectors total). Should be good for about 800 - 1000CFM.

Adrian

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:05 am 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: NF Fairlane V8

VIC, Australia

Hi all I'm a newbie but here after stumbling across it looking for cheap EMS's and info on EFI systems cause i picked up a mag from Jaycar called 'Performance Electronics for Cars' it has a few nice projects that I want to give a try on my NF V8 like a Delta Trottle Timer to kick in pwr mode on the auto when you jump on the loud peddle.
After looking over the MS website all I can say is I want one an MSII or maybe I'll hang out for the UMS.
Just a little on me I currrently work for an Electronics Manufacturer and we actually make the ChipTorque ECU's and the Wolf3D dislay units (and NO one can't just fall off my bench cause I'm in QC) worked as a mechanic for a number of years and trained as an Electronics Tech so throwing together a kit is a piece of S**t to me and I'd be happy to solder up and bench test any kit projects your thinking of for $50 to help out Fellow Ford Fanatics as long as they're aren't hundreds of you on a few conditions,
1. You get the kit complete and do the time consuming prep work inserting the resistors, caps, diodes, links, and anything else not Static Sensitive. (I can make a little website to show you. If you own a multimeter then you don't have to read resistor colour codes)
2. put the kit in two jiffy bags (one stamped and self adressed) I'll put in the delicate bits and bench test it after that depending on the kit I can make up a quick intall guide (for EF/EL anyway as I've got the 3 Vol Ford Manual) or send it straight back and you can fun playing.. (If your in Melb then you can just drop the kit over and pick it up and we can lavish praises on each other over the fine choice of automobile we drive. hehe)

The couple of projects I've got going at the moment are Jaycars Digital Fuel Adjuster which I'm gonna stick into the MAF sensor and have a play with (sorry I6 guys although they do have a digital pulse adjuster which may work on the MAP sensor??) but of course to make any real adjustments to the EFI you need to a:) Dyno it $$$$$ or 2:) Get your own dianostic kit. Mine came in the mail 2day the 'Tech Edge 2EO Wbo2 kit' http://wbo2.com/ cost $363 with WB HEGO sensor 4m cable kit and the header unit with digi readout. Plug it into my laptop to do continuos data logging and I should be able to get the limo running sweet... I just have to get her back from the panel shop after a rear-ender.

The TORQUE Monster project begins!

Pic's, details and all the yummy stuff:
http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22693

"There's no replacement for displacement!"

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Fixed the Stim last night and all is working. Uploaded the MSnS firmware and downloaded the Config I had ready for the Coupe. All looked good except the Duty Cylce meter is reading >2,500,000% ????? I'll figure that out tonight.

A mini review, Glens kit (www.glensgarage.com) is very complete. It includes all components, connectors, heat sink compound and screws. Once together the case is very robust. The PCB is very good quality and all through holes are well done, obviously CNC manufactured. Part numbers are silk screened so you don't really need the layout drawing.

It cost me AU$206 to my door.

Adrian

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 23  [ 338 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next