Fordmods Logo

Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip 

Page 70 of 100 [ 1500 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 100  Next

Post subject: Re: Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hey Sly, take a look under Technical Info \ Software on the site. I just put it up there.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU Wagon

NSW, Australia

Thanks Jason.

AU1.5 Wagon, Raptor ProStreet kit, Pacemaker 4499's with 3" collector, 3" metal cat, 3" pipe, Pex BSO660 & BSO439, BA brakes, Sprintgas mixer LPG system, Airod variable-venturi mixer... stealth FTW Sniper tuned!

To be updated... soon!

Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Tuning for Fuel Economy
When aiming maximum for fuel economy for your car, there are a few tables that can be tweaked via our J3 Chips to help
get a few extra kms from a tank. In our updated tuning guides, we explain some of those tables and how to weak them for the best results.

• Volumetric Efficiency (VE) – This table is the major control for fuel. Obviously, you want to dial in your WOT
mixtures to be safe and produce as much power as possible, but in the cruise area you want to aim for economy.
• MFA Fuel Multiplier – This table is a multiplier that allows the ECU to target higher than stoich AFRs when under
cruise conditions.
• Spark table MBT MPG – This table is used during cruise mode to achieve better economy.
• Torque Convertor Lockup – These tables can be used to lock up the convertor at lower RPMs, helping achieve
greater economy.

This post is a summary from our recently updated tuning guides, available at http://www.tiperformance.com.au/documents.html

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Check out this video of Nathan Penn as he smashes first place in this heat of the SSA Australian Production Sedan Title at Collie, WA! Check out the pass where he takes first place at 3:12! Nathan uses a T.I. Performance J3 Chip to bypass Smartshield and run a tune to suit his speedway setup.

We wish him the best of luck for the national finals this weekend!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkA6FPEN8qY

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Falcon Au Forte

QLD, Australia

So can you tune a chip for maximum economy. Sacrificing power? If so. Has anyone had this done and whats a rough increase in fuel economy? Id like to work out how long it would take for the chip to pay for itself.

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Howdy,

I have done plenty of chips like this. Even on a standard car there are gains to be had, especially if you run premium. Modified cars with cams obviously have even more potential due to them running so rich without a tune.

On an LPG car I saw gains of 100km to a tank from a proper high advance LPG spark map.

I haven't seen anyone do an earn back, but you could do some sums based on a 5% increase in economy.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:10 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Rough calculation of a 5% increase in economy gives me 19 tanks of fuel to pay for the chip. Going with the amount that I drive the car. 30 months to pay for the chip... so $1.83 a week the chip will cost me over that time. If I could get results like you got with the lpg one.. that would work out a lot better.

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

If it pays for itself, that's great; but I would treat that as a bonus. Get the chip anyway for the extra power and throttle response; you won't be disappointed. You know you want to :D And, at $190 for a custom pre-programmed, it's the best performance bargain out there.

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:51 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

So even if its programmed for maximum economy it will still add some response and power?

Oh and that was based off 220. I looked at the wrong price lol.

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

The cruise and hard acceleration areas are programmed separately, so you can get the best of both worlds. Some of the gain is from increasing ignition advance which improves both fuel economy and acceleration - sounds almost too good to be true. I saw no change in fuel economy with my TI Performance chip, but that's in spite of making frequent use of the extra power :twisted: .

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

imortalau wrote:
So even if its programmed for maximum economy it will still add some response and power?

Oh and that was based off 220. I looked at the wrong price lol.

it works out to be $205 posted. i've gained 20ish rwkw with the chip and have not increase my fuel consumption. still sits under 10l/100 mixed driving but mainly highway.

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:00 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

hmmm im gonna look into it a little more.

so i already have bit more economy and power with the extractors/hi flow cat/exhaust and intake with bigmouth and a custom air deflector.

so. adding a j3 chip going by my internet searching could see me to have 125kw-140kw at the rears with an increase of at least 5 percent in economy I should be seeing around 480km - 550km for around town.

any one wanna make some input on this? any one have an au series 2 with similar mods and a j3? i cant really find a lot of people posting up there results or experiences (im not doubting the chips worth) or can some one point me to where these are?

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

This thread is 70 pages long. There's plenty of responses in here and on my site as to how people have gone!

Not many people measure before/after economy if that's what you are looking for specifically. There are also many variables, as I said, cammed cars will always start off with much worse economy than a standard car so have a lot more to gain.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:13 pm 
Oompa Loompa

QLD, Australia

Yeah that is more what I was looking for. I would love a cam. Sadly I have no idea who to go to for it. A cam change isnt something I have done before and I dont even know where to buy one. But a lot of what I am ready says I should do a cam first.. seems to be a much larger gain. But would a cam plus chip show less economy then no cam and chip? Or would the power increase help make the 3ngine more efficient all round?

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

my fuel consumption has always sat about the 10l/100 mark, even stock. when i first got the cam, it increased but the chip fixed that and brought it back down again

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Sort by  
 Page 70 of 100  [ 1500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73 ... 100  Next