Fordmods Logo

Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip 

Page 79 of 100 [ 1500 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 100  Next

Post subject: Re: Tuning your Falcon with a T.I. Performance J3 Chip
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:47 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

Thanks Jase.
Ended up redoing them by fitting them in the car - though the reader would only enable a proper bin dump by having ign on.
All the EL bins did have the ID's around the end of bank 1 - I could read them in ASCII, but I couldn't find the equivalent in the XH bin.
Might have to try Jaysen's advice and look around at the start of bank 1.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Thanks Jase.
Ended up redoing them by fitting them in the car - though the reader would only enable a proper bin dump by having ign on.
All the EL bins did have the ID's around the end of bank 1 - I could read them in ASCII, but I couldn't find the equivalent in the XH bin.
Might have to try Jaysen's advice and look around at the start of bank 1.

try around the address in the pic, thats a 5taa bin out of an xh. if thats what you are looking for
Attachment:
Screenshot (20).png
Screenshot (20).png [ 141.56 KiB | Viewed 277 times ]
oh and ive had to have the ign on for every dump ive done too

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:21 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah, I find the thermo fans come on at half speed, and the fuel pump runs continuously.

"try around the address in the pic, thats a 5taa bin out of an xh. if thats what you are looking for"
Yeah, that's what I'm after, some bins have it, some don't and yeah, around the 0x19F06 address should be the ID stamp.

e.g. try the 5DBB bin at http://www.tiperformance.com.au/Binaries/XH/

It's only 64k in size - should be 256k I think. All XH bins should be EEC V.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Supercharged EF Fairmont

VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
It's only 64k in size - should be 256k I think. All XH bins should be EEC V.

Just needs to be padded out to 256k. Have a look how its done in the other bins, if you have trouble let me know and I can do it.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:16 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah, thanks mate - bit above me I think.
I think you did mention in this thread that the EEC V bins have around 64k data, and the rest is pretty much filler.
Main thing is I can't figure out why I can't find the bin ID and definition in all the EEC V bins - some have, some haven't.

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Done, see the site.

As you know, EF/EL use an EEC-V which has a 256K rom, however they only use one bank for code. The description lies in one of the other banks. Some of the rips are of only the 64K code bank; they can be padded back out to 256K to use in a car but you don't get the description unless a full 4-bank dump was done like with one of our readers.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:28 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Yeah, thanks for that - I did a 5DAA rip with the reader, but can't find the ID.

You can have a copy for the site if you like - 5DAA XH ute 5 sp manual.
In fact, I think the example ranga used is an XH XR6 bin.

Fixing my ignorance by reading the TI docs (padding, etc) - better take the tunerpro Hex tutorial too.

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Yeah, thanks for that - I did a 5DAA rip with the reader, but can't find the ID.

In fact, I think the example ranga used is an XH XR6 bin.

Fixing my ignorance by reading the TI docs (padding, etc) - better take the tunerpro Hex tutorial too.

yeah it was an xh xr6 5 speed ecu

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

snap0964 wrote:

No worries.

Always looking to collect bins - just email them to me (contact at tiperformance dot com dot au).

Odd with the description if it was a 4 bank dump.

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i wouldnt mind a copy as well please snap. ill send you a copy of the 5TAA bin if you want. kendallbaker(at)hotmail(dot)com
thanks

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:45 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

galapogos01 wrote:
Always looking to collect bins - just email them to me (contact at tiperformance dot com dot au).
Yep, will do.
ranga83 wrote:
i wouldnt mind a copy as well please snap. ill send you a copy of the 5TAA bin if you want. kendallbaker(at)hotmail(dot)com thanks
Yeah thanks dude - be better to email Jason, and have him put it up on his site - which is what I'm doing with mine.

With the XH XR6 manual bin - be interesting to see what the differences are to an EL XR6 bin (seeing they are the same mechanically, engine, diff, etc) - I wouldn't think there'd be any - datawise that is.

The std XH bins would be handy to run on any std EL ECU fitted to an EB/ED - if you stayed with the log manifold, you could fit thermos using factory setup without extra davies craig gear, etc, and run either the manual or auto bin - the engine would be better tuned than running a std EL bin with BBM tuning.

galapogos01 wrote:
Well that I don't know - don't know the Hex language too good yet. All I did was rip the binary with the F2E and EEC reader.exe - is there an updated software version ?? Be nice if it had a verify rip to compare the rip and the EEC ROM. All it does is save to a 256k bin or 64k bin - should I try saving the 5DAA bin to 64k bin ??

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

jase has a copy, but hasnt put it on the site. he doesnt put them all on there, some are for his records i think. there is no def for the 5TAA so unless you want to sit down and go though the hex or make a def for it might be a bit hard to compare.

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hmm, do I? I try to put them all up but sometimes get slack. Sorry! Would it have come from the email address you mentioned above?

Cheers,
Jason

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i think i sent it to you via facebook.

Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:39 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

ranga83 wrote:
there is no def for the 5TAA so unless you want to sit down and go though the hex or make a def for it might be a bit hard to compare.
Try HWMC2 - might be a later version of the one mentioned in your pic above. IIRC I opened my 5DAA with it and it seemed to read fine in tunerpro - well the dashpot decay settings seemed okay.
So, are we going to run with sending/resending bins to be posted at TI's site ?? - seems easiest just giving access.
Repost this too:
galapogos01 wrote:
Well that I don't know - don't know the Hex language too good yet. All I did was rip the binary with the F2E and EEC reader.exe - is there an updated software version ?? Be nice if it had a verify rip to compare the rip and the EEC ROM. All it does is save to a 256k bin or 64k bin - should I try saving the 5DAA bin to 64k bin ??

Sort by  
 Page 79 of 100  [ 1500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 82 ... 100  Next